BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

If there's ever anything significant at stake when we get a penalty and Roberts picks up the ball, I might have a heart attack. I'm not sure I've ever seen a worse penalty taker. Give 'em to Dunn.

You forget Emile Heskey's attempt at scoring a hat-trick against us during the Souey years.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh dear - Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill and midfielder Nigel Reo Coker had a training ground bust-up on Thursday which saw the pair wrestle each other to the ground

Reo Coker might have thought twice with our man! ^_^

Reminds me of GS assaulting Dwight Yorke with a two footer.

I dont know if O'Neill was doing so but managers should NOT take an active part in training and 5 a sides. Discipline and authority is too easily compromised.

According to SSN O' Neil has denied that there was any contact betwen the two and the bust up was only verbal, Reo Coker has been sent home from training and will not take any part in this weekends game, according to O' Neil Reo Coker will rejoin the squad for training on Monday.

According to SSN O' Neil has denied that there was any contact betwen the two and the bust up was only verbal, Reo Coker has been sent home from training and will not take any part in this weekends game, according to O' Neil Reo Coker will rejoin the squad for training on Monday.

I can tell he played for Forest. Straight out of the Brian Clough school of management folder. 'If I have a disagreement with one of my players I invite him up into my office where we sit down over a cup of tea and discuss the whole thing........ and then we agree that I was right all along'.

• Backroom

Anybody complaining about our 'style' of football should take a look at Bolton right now. They play some of the most dire football I think I've ever seen. Their game against Stoke today was the worst advert for the Premier League I can imagine.

I'm starting to believe the Devil's been trumped. His greatest trick was making the world believe he didn't exist. Is that any less of a feat than Everton making everyone believe they've been operating on a shoestring budget?

• Backroom

Everton like to maintain the 'shoestring budget' myth to make their achievements appear greater than they actually are. In the same way Spurs & Sunderland always look worse because they publically trumpet spending so much only to usually fail. Seems Spurs may actually be getting it right this year, though.

No wonder Wenger had praise for him: Arsene Wenger, whose players have been lauded for their fluid style, is one of Martinez's supporters, praising him for standing by his convictions.

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez's game plan of attacking football backfired against Arsenal on Saturday, leaving the Spaniard to ponder whether he should continue with the philosophy.

• Backroom
First time in... how many years?

Do we now say that out of Martin Jol, Juande Ramos and Harry Redknapp that 'Arry is the best manager Tottenham have had in x years? I'd have said Maritn Jol. Maybe the setup was all there for 'Arry to reap the benefits.

Time will tell on Redknapp... I don't rate him and think he's a pratt but if he gets them to 4th/5th then he'll have done a good job. Jol should never have been sacked, stupid decision.

There's no question that with the money they've spent they should have achieved far more in the past few years. Their current squad is probably the best they've had out of those years, though, so if they can't get something out of this lot they might as well give up.

No wonder Wenger had praise for him: Arsene Wenger, whose players have been lauded for their fluid style, is one of Martinez's supporters, praising him for standing by his convictions.

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez's game plan of attacking football backfired against Arsenal on Saturday, leaving the Spaniard to ponder whether he should continue with the philosophy.

:rolleyes: it's easy to be a good winner.

Not Premiership but did anyone see the Speroni hand ball for Palace? He was out of his area on the left, panicked and deliberatly picked up the ball. Only a yellow because it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity.

So surely that means the keeper can pick up the ball anywhere in their own half even outside the box so long as it isn't a clear opportunity!

Not Premiership but did anyone see the Speroni hand ball for Palace? He was out of his area on the left, panicked and deliberatly picked up the ball. Only a yellow because it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity.

So surely that means the keeper can pick up the ball anywhere in their own half even outside the box so long as it isn't a clear opportunity!

Only once per game though!

• Backroom
I have always cut Wenger some slack because of the way his teams play football. But this is taking the michael.

Why wasn't Eboue sent off for that hand ball?

Have the rules changed this year?

I always thought deliberate handball was a yellow card offence unless on the line? He got a yellow which was fair enough.

Looking around, I wonder where the axe may fall first.

Paul Hart not surprisingly is under massive pressure already. The change of ownership has not helped Pompey plus the fact they have sold almost all their best players and replaced them with trash. This goes for all teams, but when you have average/poor players the need for having a decent manager is greater. Personally, don't rate Paul Hart and his track record in management is pretty bad. Surely it is only a matter of time....

Megson is under continued pressure at Bolton but the fans have never really accepted him.

Being reported today that Phil Brown's job is apparently on the line. Maybe it has got a bit stale for him at Hull.

As they are out of work currently and available immediately, Gordon Strachan and Curbishley are being linked with potential vacancies.

Archived