BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

He is young, so there will be mistakes, but particularly this season, he has looked unconvincing.

I understand that he'll make mistakes but he's never looked convincing to me, and all the talk of him being England's number one is a little premature. Robbo has to be gutted to be behind him in the pecking order at present.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody else see Fergie and the 4th official sharing a laugh and joke after Owen's winner? Quite shocking behaviour from the second 'ref'.

So would I be fumming if a ref adds on so much injury time against Rovers. Nearly 6 minutes played. Yet hardly any injuries throughout the game - unless I missed something!!!!!!!

Anybody else see Fergie and the 4th official sharing a laugh and joke after Owen's winner? Quite shocking behaviour from the second 'ref'.

Agreed, some idiots on here laughing at how furious Sparky was. If it had been Rovers there would have page after page of bloody angst.

Pathetic refereeing, proof positive that United get extra time in extra time, and a kick in the bollix when the fourth official is laughing and joking with Fergie.

Where the hell did almost seven minutes of injury time come from?! I don't want the top four monopolizsed, so wanted City to get the point.

Possibly the best game of football I've ever seen that. Finally people will stop, take notice of Bellamy and realise that he's good enough for a top four side. Oh yeah, Foster was awful today - he missed the bloody ball on the second Tevez goal!

• Backroom

If Bellamy hadn't spent so long celebrating City's equaliser there probably wouldn't have been so much injury time. Hughes says 45 seconds but it was certainly longer. Worth noting that when injury time is called it's "minimum of" not "maximum of".

Regardless, if City had not gone defensively AWOL they wouldn't have conceded. No sympathy for them at all. 100M+ should buy better defensive marking than that.

Bellamy twatted a fan at the end, wonder if the FA will look into it?

Yes, disgraceful. Hughes has every right to be ###### off.

Just a minute while I get my hanky.......

Both sides should be ashamed of their defensive performance in this match.

Everton must laughing their stones off...getting rid of a championship defender ..and getting paid for it. Richards and Bridge were outclassed by a guy with a zimmer frame. And who was the City no.34? Awful.

As for United, I think Vidic has aspirations to be somewhere else. Ferdinand again proved to be a bit short upstairs and the Keeper rivals Darren Collier for limp-wristedness and inability to judge situations.

Oh, and Park should go back to working at the Ocean Palace.

They both need to buy Zurab for £38M in the window.

Good job for them they have an 8 point cushion on the mighty blues.

So would I be fumming if a ref adds on so much injury time against Rovers. Nearly 6 minutes played. Yet hardly any injuries throughout the game - unless I missed something!!!!!!!

I can't see myself whisting at the ref to blow for time at OT somehow.....

2 halves of 45.01 will be plenty thanks.

I've felt in the past that Vidic is one of the best defenders out there, but he has been getting exposed lately, especially by anyone with pace.

Some supporters are probably wishing Scotty's intel had been true.

Real Madrid have announced a net debt of £296m, alongside a record annual budget of £381m for the new season.

The club's annual figures include £226m spent on four players: Xabi Alonso, Kaka, Ronaldo and Karim Benzema. Real's debt last year was around £100m.

Their budget is some £20m greater than that of arch-rivals Barcelona, whose £361m budget is also a club record.

The announcement comes after Uefa approved plans to force clubs to spend only what they can earn in revenue.

Uefa chief Michel Platini has long urged measures to ensure clubs live within their means and those plans, to be introduced from the start of the 2012/13 season, have the approval of the European Club Association, which represents Europe's clubs.

That doesnt sound good for teams like us........

Archived