BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes but if the whistle was about to be blown before Owen scored then there is no more time to add on. Bellamy's celebration used up game time, so that lost time was added onto the end of the already decided 4mins.

If the ref thought that there was only a few seconds left to play before Owen scored, then that is all he can play on for after the restart. I agree that it all seems very convenient, but the argument that the ref should magic more time out of his sleeve after Owen's goal doesn't really stand up.

Can't say i've heard of this before:

Keeper guilty of moving goalposts

"IFK Goteborg goalkeeper Kim Christensen could be in hot water after moving the posts during a Swedish first division game in order to make the goal smaller.

The Danish goalkeeper was caught by TV cameras pushing the posts toward each other before a match against Orebro.

Referee Stefan Johannesson spotted the posts had been moved a few centimetres about 20 minutes into the game and pushed them back into the right place.

Christensen later said he had done the same thing before several other games."

Things getting worse at West Ham.

Apparently the CEO(Duxbury) and the Football Director(Nani) had to take a hit on their salary to finance the signing of the over the hill mexican Franco......

If West Ham cannot find the money for a free transfer things aren't looking good.

They're all over the place. Dyer and Parker are on about 70k a week (!)

Can't say i've heard of this before:

Keeper guilty of moving goalposts

"IFK Goteborg goalkeeper Kim Christensen could be in hot water after moving the posts during a Swedish first division game in order to make the goal smaller.

The Danish goalkeeper was caught by TV cameras pushing the posts toward each other before a match against Orebro.

Referee Stefan Johannesson spotted the posts had been moved a few centimetres about 20 minutes into the game and pushed them back into the right place.

Christensen later said he had done the same thing before several other games."

C'mon. Hands up all those that have never done that with coats? :rolleyes:

Things getting worse at West Ham.

Apparently the CEO(Duxbury) and the Football Director(Nani) had to take a hit on their salary to finance the signing of the over the hill mexican Franco......

If West Ham cannot find the money for a free transfer things aren't looking good.

Do I detect a little more uncertainty now mick?

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=819931

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=819781

• Backroom

Hart gets a bit more stick than he should - very few managers would have been able to do anything with Portsmouth considering their situation.

Saying that, a manager with better tactical skills/premiership experience probably would have scraped a couple of draws and maybe a win by now. I still think they'd be relegated regardless of manager.

4th team in top flight history to lose its first 7 games.

The longer Hart stays the better for us.

Did you actually watch the match? The absolutely battered Everton all over the pitch.

Hart did nothing wrong today as far as I could tell.

Did you actually watch the match? The absolutely battered Everton all over the pitch.

If the sign of a good team is grinding points when playing poorly, what does that say for Pompey?

• Backroom

Agreed, they just don't have the quality there to succeed, and that is not Hart's fault. He just hasn't got the backing or finance to bring in any premiership standard quality. However, you have to say, that if they can't do so much as score with a performance like that, what chance do they have of staying up?

• Backroom

Amazing result for Wigan... and proof that the top teams can be beaten.

Nice to see Hull and especially Bumley get absolutely murdered, welcome to the premiership, dingles.

The table makes for better viewing tonight.

Archived