BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a complete guess, I would think that is because we play a 38 game season whereas the football league plays a 46 game season.

For a complete guess you did well to get it spot on. It was on the radio a month or so back about it.

Administration -10 points looming.

They are going down, no doubt about it.

Time soon to become one by dissolving both and merging with rivals Southampton who are also a long way up sh1tcreek. I'd imagine any required investment would be more attractive if (perish the thought) a worthwhile return on investment is required.

If a few less forward thinking supporters are pisssed off then tough. They will need to rem the saying "The only constant in life is change". This country cannot sustain 92 pro clubs, something will have to give sooner or later.

Time soon to become one by dissolving both and merging with rivals Southampton who are also a long way up sh1tcreek. I'd imagine any required investment would be more attractive if (perish the thought) a worthwhile return on investment is required.

If a few less forward thinking supporters are pisssed off then tough. They will need to rem the saying "The only constant in life is change". This country cannot sustain 92 pro clubs, something will have to give sooner or later.

Bloody ell, he's proposing a pilot with Hampshire Utd ;)

Just has an e-mail from a quite angry Pompey fan I know. He says:

There is a fair bit about the new owner that I can't even put up on here but needless to say he is not a happy bunny. Pompey fan of about 40 years.

He seems to be wrong, according to the club themselves.

Portsmouth are the lead sports story in today's Independent. Apparently the Premier league are on standby to take control of Portsmouth to stop them slipping into administration, under new rules. The league have had a secret transfer embargo on Portsmouth all summer. Where this leaves any points deduction I don't know. Storrie said yesterday that all the money from player transfers and all the Sky money from January has gone straight to Standard Bank - £35m.

Portsmouth are the lead sports story in today's Independent. Apparently the Premier league are on standby to take control of Portsmouth to stop them slipping into administration, under new rules. The league have had a secret transfer embargo on Portsmouth all summer. Where this leaves any points deduction I don't know. Storrie said yesterday that all the money from player transfers and all the Sky money from January has gone straight to Standard Bank - £35m.

The Premier League will not step in. That story was checked before and it cannot be done. It would be totally unfair to back them like that...there are 19 clubs who are quite happy to see them go - and quite rightly.

There was NO transfer embargo. They signed players in the summer.

The debt has been paid off, so this latest 'crisis' may not be what it appears.

Watch out for someone else taking it over and then breaking the bad news that [a] they are skint and may have to go into admin to survive.

Is that not unfair?

Surely they should have to enter admin just like others have done - and therefore face the reduction in points and also a big fine?!

I'll take Nicko's comments about the inaccuracy of the story but there haven't been any clubs going into administration and having a points deduction in the Premier League yet.

Archived