BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Who needs luck when Anton Ferdinand is playing for the opposition?

True, was saying to somebody earlier that I cannot believe he plays for a Premier League team. If he wasn't Rio's brother he'd be playing in the Championship at best.

Apparently Ben Foster played poorly again and was partly at fault for Sunderland's goals. Hopefully Cappello will choose Robbo ahead of Foster now

Not sure I want that to be honest. If he is made England number one again, which frankly he deserves, suddenly people will get interested again and there will be a transfer circus following him around by Febuary.

Suppose you can't avoid it though. And he has been excellent for us consitently.

Not sure how to take the Bolton result. Draw is good for us, keeps them below us i think. However i hate Spurs, and i enjoy seeing them lose with all the pre season hype.

Yeah. I watched this one and Bolton were excellent. Very unlucky to draw. Despite all the stick Megson get he has crafted a good team together. Kevin Davies was outstanding, matt Taylor is a very decent player indeed, a new Korean bloke who is very skillful and clever, and they have this Israeli fella called Cohen who looks a real prospect - plays the Nolan role but looks better than Nolan himself at it.

Tough game when we get round to playing them.

• Backroom

TBF, both Portsmouth & Burnley's wins came against teams that will be fighting to stay in the division. Hull's win was unfortunate, but Wigan are very inconsistant and I don't think this one win will mean much in the long term for Hull.

Went to Bolton and United games -free of charge - yesterday thanks to brother-in-law's links with the red beast.

Very impressed with Bolton, with the midfield quarter impressing, and frankly looking a lot better than our lot. Like Rovers can't take their chances, whereas Spurs can, and should have won.

Also impressed with Sunderland. United very lucky to get a point.

On these showings Rovers are behind both teams by some margin.

Not sure I want that to be honest. If he is made England number one again, which frankly he deserves, suddenly people will get interested again and there will be a transfer circus following him around by Febuary.

Suppose you can't avoid it though. And he has been excellent for us consitently.

Yeah. I watched this one and Bolton were excellent. Very unlucky to draw. Despite all the stick Megson get he has crafted a good team together. Kevin Davies was outstanding, matt Taylor is a very decent player indeed, a new Korean bloke who is very skillful and clever, and they have this Israeli fella called Cohen who looks a real prospect - plays the Nolan role but looks better than Nolan himself at it.

Tough game when we get round to playing them.

Keepers are very rarely the subject of transfer circuses. Just look at Bolton who has managed to keep someone as good as Jääskeläinen for as long as they have.

Went to Bolton and United games -free of charge - yesterday thanks to brother-in-law's links with the red beast.

Very impressed with Bolton, with the midfield quarter impressing, and frankly looking a lot better than our lot. Like Rovers can't take their chances, whereas Spurs can, and should have won.

Also impressed with Sunderland. United very lucky to get a point.

On these showings Rovers are behind both teams by some margin.

On the 1 showing maybe - however Bolton have been truly awful so far this season prior to the game.

Sunderland spent big, so id expect them to be about level or maybe slightly ahead.

On the 1 showing maybe - however Bolton have been truly awful so far this season prior to the game.

Sunderland spent big, so id expect them to be about level or maybe slightly ahead.

One of the reasons I was so upset by our non-performance against West Ham was that Bolton v Liverpool was on the adjacent screen and Notlob were excellent that day- Liverpool extremely fortunate to get the 2-1 win.

Yes Sunderland have kicked on appreciably which makes us playing so well up there and getting nothing particularly galling but Bolton are becoming a decent outfit this season after a very shaky start.

West Ham on the other hand look like they have big problems which makes going for a 0-0 at Ewood all the more unforgivable in hindsight.

Tried to search for the Bentley thread but the search engine could not locate it so sticking this here.

A Spurs connection suggested I had a look at this blog. Looks like Rovers might not be getting any of the £2m contingent fee negotiated on the Bentley sale over the £15m up front. Again the suggestion that the best bet is for Rovers to take him back- sadly not likely.

Incidentally, one of the reasons for Arsenal's £36.5m profit last year; the sell-on clause for David Bentley according to Arsenal's recently published accounts.

Not related to any of the above but an astonishingly sensible piece by Martin Samuel.

Thought we'd be getting the 2 million if they sold him, no matter what? Isn't that what you said this summer?

Yes, I should have added the word "soon".

If you read the piece you will see they think Rovers taking Bentley back would be a good idea. Unfortunately, we don't have the cash even if he represents something of a "bargain".

Archived