BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and the clue is in the last sentence. "TV rights". and i reckon the PL are more than prepared to give them what they want, no matter what cost to the poorer English clubs.

Assuming Celtic and Rangers are not going to bring extra European places with them, are Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, Villa or any other club with either a dependency on CL money or Europa League ambitions going to vote Rangers and Celtic in?

No

Assuming Rangers and Celtic would eventually take two places in the top Premier League, are any clubs which think they are going to be displaced by them going to vote Rangers and Celtic in?

No

Remember to make the change, 14 out of the 20 PL member clubs have to vote in favour. I cannot think of one who would vote to let them in.

But you say it would make more money.

Sure it would make more money for Rangers and Celtic- they would increase media revenue tenfold, they could double what they charge their fans and triple their commercial revenue but they don't get a vote in this.

But how are the 20 Prem clubs going to benefit?

Already PL grounds are operating at around 90% capacity week in week out so most are not going to benefit from the bigger crowds. And look at Rovers, are we really going to open up the Darwen End to 8,000 drunken Scots twice a season? More to the point would the Lancashire Constabulary allow it? Of course not.

And is anyone of you with a Sky subscription willing to pay more, a lot more, because the Old Firm are in the Prem?

I thought not

And is anyone in China going to suddenly subscribe for Pay TV because Celtic and Rangers have joined the PL?

Not very likely

So where exactly is this extra money coming from for the 20 existing Prem clubs to make them want to vote 2 of themselves out of the PL and possibly 2 of them no longer qualifying for the Champs League?

I mean a serious lot of extra money.

Like a billion on top of the existing £2bn media deal only because Celtic and Rangers are there to make the 20 PL Chairmen even hesitate in voting no out of self interest?

Don't think it is going to happen somehow.

Rangers pin hope on the Atlantic League whilst Celtic whistle in the wind.

Scotland of course established their own football league very early on in the early 1890s. Before this Celtic and Rangers had competed in the FA Cup before this point, and another Scottish team - Queens Park - actually won the FA Cup twice.

Queens Park made the final twice...and lost both times to...Blackburn Rovers.

Loyalty should be rewarded and that Rangers lot horrible though they are at least hold some level of allegiance to the Union Jack and our Queen whilst Celtic hate the sight of them both and the rest of us south of the border to boot. Their latest bleatings are a real example of "what's yours is mine and whats mine's my own" ROI is their spiritual home so we owe them sweet FA. The answer is to tell the fenian gits to swivel and to let in then Gers! :tu: Casting them adrift in the football wasteland of Scotland with no old firm matches would be both brilliant and justified.

Profile of Carsen Yeung

Yet another English PL club possibly to be up to its eyes in debt as a result of a take over. How on earth did that one pass the PL's new tougher tests?

So many clubs with long history and traditions are falling over themselves to put themselves in sh1t or bust situations. It will end in tears for some thats for sure. Obviously the Golds and Sullivans have made a good few bob out of this deal but selling the club to such 'non fans' leaves this sort of thing wide open to abuse. Does no one from Brum care to see the issues at the likes of Pompey, WHU, LUFC, Lpool Man U etc? Man City supporters in particular may be preening themselves but without the Arabs I'd imagine they'd be in deep doo doo now. Obviously the most high profile foreign owner is Abromovich who to date has benefitted Chelsea massively but how many clubs can claim that foreign ownership is an improvement and how many must be more than a taj nervous where their club will be in 10-20 years?

My main issue is that there are lots of wealthy people in this country who could easily buy club ownership as an investment ..... if they could see any profit potential. Truth is they can't, so they don't.

Loyalty should be rewarded and that Rangers lot horrible though they are at least hold some level of allegiance to the Union Jack and our Queen whilst Celtic hate the sight of them both and the rest of us south of the border to boot. Their latest bleatings are a real example of "what's yours is mine and whats mine's my own" ROI is their spiritual home so we owe them sweet FA. The answer is to tell the fenian gits to swivel and to let in then Gers! :tu: Casting them adrift in the football wasteland of Scotland with no old firm matches would be both brilliant and justified.

I only wish I could click the plus sign on that post more times :tu::lol:

TV Presenter - FAIL

Manager - FAIL

I think it's time he went back to being a rapper. :lol:

I guess I'll stick this here. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/matthew_syed/article6873466.ece?&EMC-Bltn=GDMCLB#

It didn't take long for some journo to implicate racism in John Barnes' firing. It had nothing to do with the fact that he had only won 2 games and weren't looking like they were going to get better any time soon. Lawro's fans will like his comments too.

Archived