BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Lucky its a really young lad or he could have been in for a lot of stick, still a hilarious moment

Oh and Brown proved again today he's a poor excuse for a footballer.

Wait how did Tim Howard not get sent off yet the Wolves player did for no reason

Good question, was fully expecting the ref to show the red card to Howard and then nothing.

Howard should have gone, raise your hand to an opponent your off, no grey areas the ref made a mistake.

BBC blurred his face for obvious reasons.

He's probably not going to leave his house for a while, the kid that cost liverpool the league?

Have to say I'm shocked that the man in the middle, doesn't know the rules of the game. He has to shoulder the blame its yet another example of ref's needing help and never getting it.

I couldn't stop laughing when the goal was given- for the ref, 4th official and two linesmen not to know it should have been a bounce up is just astonishing. Mind you some of them don't know that when the ball crosses the line between the posts it is a goal and that is the only way a goal can be scored.

It was quite windy and the beach balloon had been cleared away. At the start of the Sunderland move it was in the back of Reina's net but it got blown out with hilarious consequences.

Bent's shot was a scuffed gimme straight at Reina until B.Ball intervened. :lol:

Not that I saw it, but I'm sure that, in his post-match press conference, Rafa blamed his current predicament on a lack of funds.

Well Rafa, your team on the weekend included:

Glen Johnson - £17m

Ryan Babbel - £11.5m

Dirk Kuyt - £9m

Martin Skrtel - £6.5m

Pepe Reina - £6m

Daniel Agger - £6m

Lucas Leiva - £6m

Yossi Benayoun - £5m

In fact, of the starting XI, the only players that weren't brought in by Benitez were Jamie Carragher and Jay Spearing, although he has overseen his rise through the academy (Fabio Aurelio was brought in on a free transfer).

Add to that the players who weren't available for the game, but whom have been present in other starting XIs that have also lost this season:

Fernando Torres - £20m

Javier Mascherano - £17m

Albert Riera - £8m

David N'Gog - £1.5m

Emiliano Insua - ?

Nabil El Zhar - ?

Of all of these signings, £11m on Babel, £8m on Riera and £6m on Leiva really stand out. I don't think that three combined are worth the £6m that was splashed out on Leiva!

Oh, and then you have probably the world's best midfielder still on the books in Steven Gerrard.

It's laughable that Benitez can blame his side's poor performances on a lack of backing in the transfer market when the entire squad are his players, many brought in for big money. He's simply a poor manager who invests big sums in average players rather than spending big on quality.

Rafa's only get himself to blame - when he spends £20 million on back-up players like Riera and Babel and they're not up to the job, then what does he expect?

It was obvious to everyone that they'd struggle if Torres was out, they don't have anyone else who can play like he does in their system.

Archived