BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Rafa's only get himself to blame - when he spends £20 million on back-up players like Riera and Babel and they're not up to the job, then what does he expect?

It was obvious to everyone that they'd struggle if Torres was out, they don't have anyone else who can play like he does in their system.

He is also not very good at getting the best out of what he has. I reckon if we got our hands on the likes of Babel or Riera the would be outstanding for us becaue we would support them and use them in the right way.

Bellamy is a fine example - they got a near world class player from us for £6m quid. Benetez didn't use him even though he was fit and precisely the sort of striker liverpool were crying out for at the time. Sad. You get the feeling Benitez is not good at putting an arm around a player and sticking with them which is crucial to improve the form of someone who has just come in.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching Fulham leading Hull by two offside goals to nil. Duff apart, Fulham are ponderous whilst Hull are dire. Back to predicting the dingles got lucky coming into the Prem this season because there are certainly going to be three sides worse than them.

From the BBC- 2117: Jimmy Bullard's arrival on the pitch is greeted by a chorus of boos as he comes on for the non-existent Kamel Gilas.

Well we got not going for Bullard right, we got not paying £2m for Gilas right, did we get Salgado and Kalinic right???

Rafa's spent more than Fergie in the last 5 years in transfers so I'm not sure how he can blame lack of funds. Unfortunately no journalist ever seems to bring this up?

Most of the criticism is targeted at the owners for failing to back the manager. :rolleyes:

• Backroom
Most of the criticism is targeted at the owners for failing to back the manager. :rolleyes:

Liverpool fans are blind for the most part in their backing of Rafa. They love him for reasons I cannot begin to fathom. Instead it's the Americans fault, and Rafa is just a victim of their ownership :rock:

Duff had a good game tonight... flashes of his Rovers/early Chelsea days. Then again, it is Hull. If they don't go down this year it will be a miracle.

Hull looked so dire last night, complete lack of quality throughout their team, we knew that already though.

Their team on paper and from what I have seen, Fulham seem average too - Duff is a spark for them.

Hull can´t avoid relegation this season. Fulham is very average. Zamora was their only good player yesterday. Hodgson was resting Johnson but lost Murphy. Fulham is one club certainly below us when the season is over.

Tbh Hull were were pretty uninspiring in the play offs. I can remember watching them win the play off final thinking "this lot in the prem - you've got to be joking". They looked like a mid-table championship team at best. So I'm not too suprised they're struggling.

Having said that it'll be hard to sack Brown. He did get them up, when they shouldn't have gone up. He did keep them up (somehow) when they really shouldn't have stayed up. Given he's overproduced the last 2 seasons that makes him harder to sack, even if they're on a mega slump at the moment.

Mind you, other than our powers that be, looking at the chairman in a funny way seems to be a sackable offence, so maybe it won't be a big problem after all.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing a manager change at Hull soon.

Yep me too

Tbh Hull were were pretty uninspiring in the play offs. I can remember watching them win the play off final thinking "this lot in the prem - you've got to be joking". They looked like a mid-table championship team at best. So I'm not too suprised they're struggling.

Maybe - but they have had 2 seasons of premier league money now, with increased attendances, higher ticket prices and more merchandise sales - they really should be a much more improved side, just look at Stoke.

Brown has failed to secure his targets and that has caused them problems.

Watched a re-run of the Wigan v Man City game.

Wigan played some good football - Rodallega looked dangerous when on the ball and N'Zogbia had an excellent game. Interesting to note that Martinez bought 2 central midfielders, in Diame and Hendry Thomas, and both look decent. Bruce left an OK squad for Martinez but his (Martinez) signings have made a positive impact too so far - cannot see Wigan having many problems this season, if they keep playing like that at home.

Steve Bruce should really be credited with the Hendry Thomas deal, Wigan tried to sign him in 2008 but his work permit was denied. Diamé does look good though, only 22 as well.

It's a weird formation Martinez is playing mind...Scotland up front, Scharner behind him, with Rodallega left and N'Zogbia right. Seems to work for them so far but I think teams will work out how to exploit that eventually.

It makes you wonder just how different things might be for Rovers right now if we'd have gone for Martinez instead of Ince.

Not that I'm anti-Allardyce, by any means, but we could conceivably have avoided a relegation battle last season and be kicking on this by employing attractive, free flowing football.

Then again, we might be in the Championship... I'll take what we've got!

It makes you wonder just how different things might be for Rovers right now if we'd have gone for Martinez instead of Ince.

Not that I'm anti-Allardyce, by any means, but we could conceivably have avoided a relegation battle last season and be kicking on this by employing attractive, free flowing football.

Then again, we might be in the Championship... I'll take what we've got!

I am biased having argued for Martinez but we would not have been stuck with an inadequate midfield, we would have finished top half again and we'd be playing some lovely football.

Archived