BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rafa's spent more than Fergie in the last 5 years in transfers so I'm not sure how he can blame lack of funds. Unfortunately no journalist ever seems to bring this up?

Spot on there. Rafa has had 5 years to build a squad, and the squad he inherited looks much stronger than the current lot. He's turned them into a 2 man team, with only another half dozen players worthy of being in a top 4 side. Given the time and money he has had, this is criminal.

Also read on the bbc that Rafa has an injury crisis. He has (possibly) 4 players from his first team out. You didn't hear Hughes or Sam moaning about our injury crisis - which often had more players out, and no resources to replace them.

Sunderland lose Cattermole for at least 12 weeks with Knee ligament damage! Oh dear!!

Blow for my fantasy football team, he was doing ok for them.

I can see Mascherano leaving in the summer should Liverpool fail to qualify for the Champions League, but I'm not sure who else they'd lose. Anybody got any ideas? Maybe Reina?

I'm sure Gerrard and Torres would leave. Gerrard is Liverpool through and through but he wants a league winner medal. Wouldn't be suprised if he went to Italy or Spain. Torres would have a queue round the block after him.

I dunno, Joey. Gerrard had his chance to win medals when he nearly joined Chelsea a few seasons back. I think he made his bed and decided he was going to see out his career with Liverpool. I think he'll stay.

As for Torres, I'm not too sure. He seems a fairly loyal and decent kinda guy and is supposedly a Liverpool fan ('You'll never walk alone' tatoos and the like). Saying that, it's quite clear that a number of clubs have been sniffing around him since Liverpool's financial problems became more acute. I suppose he could be off as well.

If they lost Alonso, Mascherano and Torres within the space of two seasons and didn't find massive foreign investment, then I could not only see them finishing outside of the top four, but also behind the likes of Spurs, Villa and Everton as well.

I dunno, Joey. Gerrard had his chance to win medals when he nearly joined Chelsea a few seasons back. I think he made his bed and decided he was going to see out his career with Liverpool. I think he'll stay.

As for Torres, I'm not too sure. He seems a fairly loyal and decent kinda guy and is supposedly a Liverpool fan ('You'll never walk alone' tatoos and the like). Saying that, it's quite clear that a number of clubs have been sniffing around him since Liverpool's financial problems became more acute. I suppose he could be off as well.

If they lost Alonso, Mascherano and Torres within the space of two seasons and didn't find massive foreign investment, then I could not only see them finishing outside of the top four, but also behind the likes of Spurs, Villa and Everton as well.

I think gerrard's position might depend partly on what england do in the world Cup. If he were to be on a winning team there, then not winning a league title might not hurt as much but if we fail to at least get through to the final there I think he might want out of Liverpool. Not to another premier league club because that would probably be too hard but to a foreign club - yeah, why not?

I think gerrard's position might depend partly on what england do in the world Cup. If he were to be on a winning team there, then not winning a league title might not hurt as much but if we fail to at least get through to the final there I think he might want out of Liverpool.

Never going to win the world cup. :rolleyes:

Never going to win the world cup. :rolleyes:

I don't think we are either and i do think that it's likely gerrard will choose to move if he really can't see any chance of Liverpool doing better than they seem to be so far this season. However, i didn't want to seem overly pessimistic about our world cup chances. I don't remember being that confident that we were going to win in 66 and we did. Circumstances sometimes conspire to make unlikely events happen

Great to see Liverpool stuck with the Spanish waiter. I can see them falling to the level of Spuds last season or worse if those Arab chaps don't buy out one or more of the yanks. Torres, Mascarano and possibly Gerrard will go in the next few seasons, and the likes of Voronin and Lucas will stay.

Absolutely gutted.

Was very harsh on Fulham who I thought played very well. Stupid decision (eventually) to send Kelly off - he quite clearly wasn't last man.

That decision also goes to show that having all them refs is a bit of a joke - two of them were within five yards and couldn't work out the difference between Kelly and Hangeland.

You going over to Rome?

I know some people on here thinks the UEFA-cup is just a lot of unwanted trouble, but I would have given a lot to be in Fulham's shoes this evening. Playing Roma on a autumn Thursday night at Ewood, it would have felt so great! Well done to them for accomplishing that, and hopefully we might get there as well in not all too many years.

Was very harsh on Fulham who I thought played very well. Stupid decision (eventually) to send Kelly off - he quite clearly wasn't last man.

That decision also goes to show that having all them refs is a bit of a joke - two of them were within five yards and couldn't work out the difference between Kelly and Hangeland.

You going over to Rome?

I'm going over to Rome and Basle.

Can't wait.

Absolutely gutted.

Most unlike me to bother about other teams fortunes but even I was gutted for you. Unjust and harsh sending off too imo.

btw if you want some advice don't just fly to Rome for the match and come straight back home like many do. Take 3 / 4 days and make it a mini break. Rome has a lot more to offer than 90 mins with 22 grown men chasing a bag of wind around. :tu:

Most unlike me to bother about other teams fortunes but even I was gutted for you. Unjust and harsh sending off too imo.

btw if you want some advice don't just fly to Rome for the match and come straight back home like many do. Take 3 / 4 days and make it a mini break. Rome has a lot more to offer than 90 mins with 22 grown men chasing a bag of wind around. :tu:

Yes, go to the right places and you get yourself stabbed numerous times, it surely is a quality football based trip NOT.

Archived