BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Backroom

David Moyes has spit his dummy out and his players are not doing any interviews tonight in protest of having to play 3 games in 6 days, he may have a point but the reaction is childish

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Moyes has spit his dummy out and his players are not doing any interviews tonight in protest of having to play 3 games in 6 days, he may have a point but the reaction is childish

He only played a reserve side in the UEFA anyway...any old excuse. 3 defeats in 6 days is the problem, not 3 games!

Ouch!!

The club's accounts, filed five months late to Companies House, say that in the event of relegation the Premier League club will need to generate a £23m surplus just to meet their existing liabilities.

The grim forecast from the club's accountants, Deloitte, emphasises the need for a financial overhaul during the next 12 months to safeguard Hull's future. Although the figures for their first season in the top flight will not be available until next year, the independent auditors' report, with its stark warning, does cover the club's current financial situation.

In the accounts for the year ending 2008, which were due on 31 May but only filed this month, the club made a £9,764,850 loss during a period that culminated in winning promotion to the Premier League.

Most telling, though, is Deloitte's prediction that Hull will need to raise an additional £16m should they retain their Premier League status this season and a further £7m again if the club, currently ensconced in the bottom three, slip back into the Championship.

The report proposes that Hull might seek to recover those sums through a combination of player trading, commercial activities and/or a cash injection. However, Hull have already sold their best player, Michael Turner, who joined Sunderland for around £6m this summer, and there are few other significant assets within Phil Brown's struggling squad.

It appears the consortium of banks controlling the Hammers have had a cold whiff of reality and are looking to take any offer whilst the club are still in the Prem.

Hull's parent's businesses are in deep trouble which is contributing to Hull's troubles. Again new ownership is needed.

Pompey have already had three owners this season...

As things stand, the three clubs that have been run the most recklessly are the three in places 18, 19 and 20. There has to be a moral in that somewhere.

The highly leveraged Americans at Liverpool and Man U are yet to get their comeuppance.

It appears the consortium of banks controlling the Hammers have had a cold whiff of reality and are looking to take any offer whilst the club are still in the Prem.

Is that right about Stranmur ? Hopefully they have realised their asset will be worthless if we are relegated so won't take the risk and will sell us.

Is that right about Stranmur ? Hopefully they have realised their asset will be worthless if we are relegated so won't take the risk and will sell us.

It was reported in the financial press on Monday that the consortium has changed tack and are inviting offers to purchase now. I guess it comes down to how pessimistic the banks are and how optimistic a potential buyer might be as to whether a deal can be done. If the banks are only betting a small relegation risk discount, there will be no deal. The big worry has to be owners who to all intents and purposes no longer exist so are not subject to any public pressure (we are talking adminstrators of a liquidation with a personal bankruptcy thrown in)and a high break-up value of West Ham- players and real estate.

Rather like us in the last games of Ince, you might be so numb as to be feeling indifferent to a good drubbing or two in the coming weeks for the greater long term good of the club.

It was reported in the financial press on Monday that the consortium has changed tack and are inviting offers to purchase now. I guess it comes down to how pessimistic the banks are and how optimistic a potential buyer might be as to whether a deal can be done. If the banks are only betting a small relegation risk discount, there will be no deal. The big worry has to be owners who to all intents and purposes no longer exist so are not subject to any public pressure (we are talking adminstrators of a liquidation with a personal bankruptcy thrown in)and a high break-up value of West Ham- players and real estate.

Rather like us in the last games of Ince, you might be so numb as to be feeling indifferent to a good drubbing or two in the coming weeks for the greater long term good of the club.

I know they have appointed rothchilds and standard bank to try and sell us but who out there wants to buy a football club at the moment ? Gold and Sullivan are the obvious candidates but they would be taking on a lot of debt, the only other rumoured interested parties are some faceless americans hiding behind intermarket.....

For me it isn't looking good at the moment, I can see Upson, Green, Parker and Cole all going in January to reduce the wage bill and get some cash in to reduce the debt.

1-1 now, Wolves penalty.

not even close to our derby last week for passion ,singing and atmosphere.

Sorry to go back and drag up old posts, but it's not really a comparison of Blackburn/Burnley and then Wolves/Villa, to be fair I don't even dislike Wolves at all and it's more a novelty derby than anything, Birmingham is our big game and West Brom is theirs.

I did think the Blackburn and Burnley game was bloody awesome tho!

• Backroom

Anybody been listening to football phone ins today? My God Newcastle fans can't half moan, apparently they went down due to a lack of financial backing and £20million a year from Ashley for signings isn't enough.

Another point is they may be changing the name of St James park to raise £30-340 million through sponsorship and they are going mad about it, in honesty as long as they kept the jack Walker stand I'd be happy with calling it the Andrex Arena if it netted us £40million.

Archived