BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

same goes for the hammers unless we are taken over.

You've changed your tune a bit from a month ago Mick.

Truth is relegations sh1t or bust for many clubs. Thats why despite what the big 4 pandering ranks of the press and media would have us believe the main interest and focus of the Prem is the relegation battle. It's do or die.

Really good game tonight at Le Arse, shame it didn't go into extra time. I thought Liverpool had a case for a penalty right at the death.

Chelsea and Citeh walked into the Q/finals with big wins and Roque Sat Nav was on the score sheet too! Boooo!

On the replay that was a pretty clear pen, I'd say.

On the replay that was a pretty clear pen, I'd say.

Yes it was, but isn't it funny that on MOTD they've just said it was a definate penalty, but yet when Dunne handled the ball the other week it was a very harsh penalty and could've been a free kick against Rovers!

They play brilliantly when teams give them the freedom of the park. Liverpool just backed off all game. Get in their faces and then see how good they are.

Having said that I'd take that entire starting 11 at Ewood in a shot.

A rarity...... All 3 goals were stupendous left foot shots.

Our loss to Chelsea with a depleted team doesn't seem so bad now that they've gone and crushed Atletico Madrid, a quality European team, and Bolton, fairly impressive this season the few times I've seen them, 4-0.

And dont forget last night Chelsea didnt play A.Cole, Terry, Carvaliho (sp), Lampard, Cech, Anelka, Drogba (except for last 30)

Tried to search for the Bentley thread but the search engine could not locate it so sticking this here.

A Spurs connection suggested I had a look at this blog. Looks like Rovers might not be getting any of the £2m contingent fee negotiated on the Bentley sale over the £15m up front. Again the suggestion that the best bet is for Rovers to take him back- sadly not likely.

Incidentally, one of the reasons for Arsenal's £36.5m profit last year; the sell-on clause for David Bentley according to Arsenal's recently published accounts.

Not related to any of the above but an astonishingly sensible piece by Martin Samuel.

Would we be due a windfall if Bentley starts against Arsenal tomorrow ? Skysports News seems to think he will start.

Of the current crop of Arsenal youngsters, I see Gibbs and Ramsey as inevitable replacements for Clichy and Fabregas respectively. Gibbs looks a really great talent, mature beyond his years, and impressed me hugely toward the back end of last season. Ramsey also looks a fantastic player in a very similar mould to Fabregas.

Arsenal could well get £100m+ for Fabregas and Clichy in a few years, and their replacements could well have cost a combined fee of £4m.

That's not forgetting Wilshere, who also looks as though he will develop into a star.

Spurs turned up at Arsenal even less than we did and that is their big grudge match.

Jones the phantom ref has struck again giving the dingles a non-existant penalty; he is probably hallucinating about beach balls!

Looking down the table it does not look good, looking up the table there are a lot of clubs ready to be overtaken if we take our opportunity with the next set of fixtures.

Scousers should of had a penalty...

Is the liverpool lad Ecclestone the one we were supposed to be getting?

Voronin also looked very good tonight... maybe a potential loan signing!?

Ecclestone - I hope so, he's a good un.

Voronin - No, wages.

Stoke 2-2 Wolves

Pompy 3-0 Wigan

Bugger.

It gets worse.

Hull have a perfectly good goal chalked off and Giovanni has been sent off. How lucky can one team get?!

Fulham 2-1 Liverpool. And Rafa has already taken Torres off. :lol:

2-0 to Burnley. This is a terible weekeend.

Degen sent off for Livepool.

Sunderland 2-2 West Ham. A bit of good news there.

Archived