BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

So then if we are £3mill over that still means no new players in Jan even if Benni leaves.

The sale of Warnock bridged that gap but it does mean another wage cut is still needed although not having Zura on the wages will have reduced that £3m gap a bit further.

It still means Hull went bananas paying Prem wages to non-Prem quality players.

The Independent is running a story that West Ham kicked off the Curbs legal scrap by trying to sue him for £2m for resigning! What planet is the West Ham Board on???

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Selling players?

I'd imagine the likes of Cole, Green and Parker at least would fetch decent sums. Wouldn't exactly help their relegation battle though.

I'd imagine Upson would be first on the list.

With both Gerrard and Torres struggling to stay fit and with both have recurring injury problems (Gerrard's must be spanning back over two seasons), it got me curious over how long each might be out if they were to need surgery?

I'm guessing Torres would only be 3-4 weeks as it's a mild hernia problem, but wouldn't an operation on an adductor strain keep you out a fair while longer? If Liverpool are without these guys over the busy Christmas period, then I could see them slipping so badly that they'd struggle to gain even fifth place this season.

Not Premier League but the situation at Rangers looks incredibly grim.

. . .

Are there any decent players at either Rangers or Celtic these days? Very easy pickings for any Premier League clubs up there when January comes round.

I like Steven Davis. A 25 year old MF, over a 100 EPL games with Aston Villa and Fulham, he should be ready to start the day he signs.

Pedro Mendes has also been mentioned by others. He would be a dramatic improvement over what the Rovers have now.

If he is not good enough for Bolton, what do you reckon ?

The issue is not whether Gavin McCann is the best MF in the world, it's whether he is: 1) better than what we have; 2) fit; and, 3) affordable. A short term fix, if the Rovers don't have a massive budget to work with, which appears to be the case.

It turns out Curbishley's settlement figure probably won't be decided until next year. And there is also the question of legal costs.

So Hammers could be in for a hefty bill...but now also have the uncertainty of whether to raise cash by selling in the window.

Interesting that the LMA should release the verdict yesterday when it has been an open secret that he had won his case for a few days.

Wonder if they are trying to put the pressure on somewhere? :)

McCann would be worth signing just for the amusing grey patch.

People ask where would he fit into our midfield...

...he'd single-handedly fill the 'Is there something up with his head?' void filled when Tugay 'Doesn't he looks like a Hallowe'en witch?' Kerimoglu retired.

It turns out Curbishley's settlement figure probably won't be decided until next year. And there is also the question of legal costs.

So Hammers could be in for a hefty bill...but now also have the uncertainty of whether to raise cash by selling in the window.

Interesting that the LMA should release the verdict yesterday when it has been an open secret that he had won his case for a few days.

Wonder if they are trying to put the pressure on somewhere? :)

Do you mean regarding the meeting between Intermarket and Rothschild ?

I think the timing may have had something to do with goings-on at another Premier League club who may/may not have a managerial vacancy shortly.

Ah right Curbs to Hull........

Just what Curbs need another club who need to sell half of their squad to keep afloat......

You're a Whammer aren't you Mick? I'd have thought you would love awld 'arry. Anyway, I'd love him to be next too, as he is a right twerp, and it could screw up Spurs.

Yes I am a hammer, how did you guess !? :rolleyes:

Cant stand the bloke, taps up every player he wants to sign, and he will never be forgiven by Hammers for wasting the Rio Ferdinand money some very dodgy deals took place with that money....

• Backroom

It's a good job we got the late winner v Villa or things would be looking a lot worse right now

Really we have the perfect game this weekend, if you can't beat the bottom team at home then you deserve to be down there.

Thing is, I'm not sure there's any area of the team that actually needs strengthening. They're just so strong all through the team.

I suppose the African Nations will take Mikel, Essien, Drogba and Kalou for a time, but only a matter of weeks. In midfield that still leaves them with Ballack, Lampard, Cole, Malouda and Deco and up front they'll still have Anelka, Kalou and Sturridge.

I suppose somebody Aguero could be on the cards, especially as they were apparently in for him during the summer.

Thing is, I'm not sure there's any area of the team that actually needs strengthening. They're just so strong all through the team.

But if they are ultimately found guilty then they could be banned from signing players for some time. Whilst no one can argue about the talent that Chelsea currently possess, a lot of their current stars are starting to age. I'm expecting Chelsea to spend some serious cash on some young but proven players.

Its going to have a big impact on the title race if they spend wisely.

Archived