BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

A shame, was on fire for a while. What has happened to Savio? The Italian/German who cost a bundle.

Savio was sent back to italy part ex for the centre half Da Costs.

Savio deal was very strange(Nani use to work for Berescia before he joined us!!), I dont think he ever cost near the figures quoted as the board were under fire for selling Bellamy so tried to make out they had spent the all the money on Savio.

Savio never really got a chance but to be honest Stanislas is a similar player and looks a lot better.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the whole game plus MOTD 2 last night. You know you are in for some top notch Big 4 bullcrap when Alan Hansen stays up on a sunday to wax lyrical. Dixon's analysis of Darren Fletcher's qualites was laughable!

The game was awful I thought, not an ounce of entertainment in it with the exception of the smug smile on my face whenever united got a freekick against them. What hasn't got a mention anywhere is that United could have been down to 9 men. Evans surely should have been booked more than once and Valencia's lunge at the end was far worse than that of Degen last week.

Dixon's analysis of Darren Fletcher's qualites was laughable!

I hate that stupid feature where they big up players by showing them doing ordinary stuff and pretending that they are some sort of footballing genius. It wastes TV time and it's tedious in the extreme, AND they usually only show players from media darling clubs. :angry:

In short it's packing out MoTD to provide cheap TV time.

That was a shocking dive though :angry:

Disgraceful. Should be fined and banned for 3 games for unsportsmanlike conduct, don't care if the game is over. This cheating sets such a bad example to kids, there are millions idolising these cheating w@nkers, punish them and set an example that cheating is NOT acceptable, even if it isn't punished at the time you will get done later for it.

Reckon the FA should take a share of the blame for the growing legions of kids who have zero respect for the law.

Not Premier League, but Robert Enke, the Germany and Hannover 96 keeper, has commited suicide by throwing himself in front of a train. Absolutely horrible news. One of my favourite goalkeepers, as I'm quite a big fan of Hannover 96. Used to be an absolute legend on FM for me as well. Excellent goalkeeper who should have played for Germany in next summer's World Cup.

http://www.welt.de/sport/article5162664/Nationaltorwart-Robert-Enke-ist-tot.html

A couple of headlines today....

Spurs spending passes 'big four' - £150m in 16 months

WOW!!! Never realised just how much they actually have spent on players!

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson sat next to transfer target Simon Kjaer at an awards ceremony in Denmark on Monday night. Kjaer, a central defender, plays for Italian side Palermo.

Full story: Daily Mirror

So he wasnt tapping him up then??

Manager Rafael Benitez will try and solve Liverpool's striker crisis by making a £12m move for West Ham's Carlton Cole in January.

Full story: Daily Star

They will never win the league with signings like that!

A couple of headlines today....

Spurs spending passes 'big four' - £150m in 16 months

WOW!!! Never realised just how much they actually have spent on players!

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson sat next to transfer target Simon Kjaer at an awards ceremony in Denmark on Monday night. Kjaer, a central defender, plays for Italian side Palermo.

Full story: Daily Mirror

So he wasnt tapping him up then??

Manager Rafael Benitez will try and solve Liverpool's striker crisis by making a £12m move for West Ham's Carlton Cole in January.

Full story: Daily Star

They will never win the league with signings like that!

I've suggested before that Spurs must have a money tree somewhere. Never ever been in the CL but spend like the other big 4.

Maybe Kjaer was tapping fergy up?

Good player Cole but I'd suggest any move would be cos Torres's agent (as well as Gillett, Hicks and the RBofS) will be wanting him away if they don't make the top 4. It's not impossible to foresee Torres, Gerrard and Rooney all moving clubs in the next 12 months as the chickens of massive debt finally come home to roost.

Archived