BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Good player..but I get what Hughesy is saying - he's not the sort of player who is gonna win you the title.

Youngish lad who seems to have come on in leaps and bounds recently. Could be the English Drogba.

At least he can make things happen, unlike the current Pool strikers (minus the awesome Torres) Potential match-winner, which Liverpool only have 2 of. Another one wouldn't go amiss.

Who should Rafa go after if not Cole? (I'm not stating there isn't anyone as good, I'm genuinely wondering who fits the bill)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Youngish lad who seems to have come on in leaps and bounds recently. Could be the English Drogba.

At least he can make things happen, unlike the current Pool strikers (minus the awesome Torres) Potential match-winner, which Liverpool only have 2 of. Another one wouldn't go amiss.

Who should Rafa go after if not Cole? (I'm not stating there isn't anyone as good, I'm genuinely wondering who fits the bill)

I'm not doubting he'd improve what Liverpool currently have. Obviously asides from Torres and maybe N'Gog in a few years they have got little else fire power. I think Cole would be a good squad signing, but just not someone who could take them to the next level.

If I were Liverpool I'd do everything I could to unite the Spanish strikeforce, Torres and Villa. I know it's said every transfer window but I think that Valencia genuinely have to sell Villa and Silva in the next window, or in the summer at the latest to avoid going down the pan. Clearly the big clubs would come in for Villa, but that's who I'd be after anyway - money permitting.

And in a nutshell thats why it can't happen. Torres and Villa might be united somewhere but it wont be on Merseyside.

Probably true Theno. I'd imagine that Carlton Cole, being English, would cost a bomb also so I guess the whole debate is quite hypothetical really.

Then again we haven't got a pot to pee in and we still rack up hundreds of pages on who we're going to (not) sign so I guess us Rovers fans are the experts at it!

Good player..but I get what Hughesy is saying - he's not the sort of player who is gonna win you the title.

Exactly my point.

If they wanted to spend that sort of cash - then they should of signed Darren Bent - look at what he gets you....goals.

Carlton Cole has improved alot, however he still picks up alot of injuries and isnt a match winner.

Cole would be a marked improvement over what they have upfront especially if Rafa persists with playing Kuyt on the right wing - he's a v. good option upfront as a foil for Torres, but then what do I know? However they'd have to shelve the idea of Gerrard and Torres upfront.

I've suggested before that Spurs must have a money tree somewhere. Never ever been in the CL but spend like the other big 4.

Is that net spending or gross? Their philosophy of buying young and English has helped them get some decent money for players they no longer want.

People also underestimate the support they get locally (of all the native Londoners I've met over 50% are Spurs supporters), and the gate money they receive with their high ticket prices.

A couple of headlines today....

Spurs spending passes 'big four' - £150m in 16 months

WOW!!! Never realised just how much they actually have spent on players!

I've suggested before that Spurs must have a money tree somewhere. Never ever been in the CL but spend like the other big 4.

The Whole Story - Harry must pay his way finding myself in a Little Chef yesterday (a sad day!) I read this story in the Express. Headlines can be dangerous, in fact in the same financial period Spurs made a transfer profit of £56 million. Berbatov and keane accounting for sales of £50 million alone.

I see Sportsdirect.com United are today being linked with Spurs favourite son, Mr Campbell. Supposedly signing in Jan, so does that mean they won't be taking Zurab?

I also see Nani is saying that Fergie has been mismanaging his career, lol. Bye Nani your over-rated anyway.

Yeah thats how I saw it - sure Zurab will be on his way back. Hopefully he will of sparked abit of interest...to be fair he could do a very good job for someone like Hull...Brum....Bolton...Wolves..

Nani will be lucky if he can stay in that side with Valencia & Obertan on their way through.

Nani will be lucky if he can stay in that side with Valencia & Obertan on their way through.

I'd take Ronaldo before any TWO of those ....... but if they needed the money to square the banks off this year then I guess they needed the money and thats that. Rooney next.

Yeah thats how I saw it - sure Zurab will be on his way back. Hopefully he will of sparked abit of interest...to be fair he could do a very good job for someone like Hull...Brum....Bolton...Wolves..

Is he even playing at Newcastle? Pity because it would be good if he was in the shop window for Jan.

Nani will be sold, I can see Fergie moving for a left winger soon and Nani will be on his way as Obertan looks like he has something and Valencia has only just arrived. I do wonder what happens to the two serb's they signed for mega money perhaps one of them fancies a loan move??

I'm amazed that a Premier League player is allowed to drive round London on a motorbike, surely something forbidding that must be in his contract?!

Ypu would think so wouldnt you?? At 36 what are his chances of coming back and playing? If he has broken his pevis that could be 12 months plus out of action. Didnt Lentini break his pelvis after moving to Milan years ago?

I'm amazed that a Premier League player is allowed to drive round London on a motorbike, surely something forbidding that must be in his contract?!

It was the same with Matt Jansen though wasn't it - albeit in Rome. Your right though, footballers IMO too shouldn't be driving around City centre's on motorbikes.

Ypu would think so wouldnt you?? At 36 what are his chances of coming back and playing? If he has broken his pevis that could be 12 months plus out of action. Didnt Lentini break his pelvis after moving to Milan years ago?

I think Lentini broke about every bone in his body and was in a coma after his car crash.

I can understand you saying that and I'm sure that his contract will forbid it but I must say if I were to live in London I'd buy one. It's the oly way to get about at any speed.

"life changing" injuries?

Archived