BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

I can understand you saying that and I'm sure that his contract will forbid it but I must say if I were to live in London I'd buy one. It's the oly way to get about at any speed.

"life changing" injuries?

I'm not sure clubs can stick clauses like that in. They probably heavily advise that players do not, but it is up to individuals if they are that stupid as to risk serious injury.

I think that could be the end of his career. If his wrists are smashed up then they may not be able to restore full range of movements, especially needed as a keeper. He would also have a serious weakness in his wrists, not ideal to have a ball smashed at them.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure clubs can stick clauses like that in. They probably heavily advise that players do not, but it is up to individuals if they are that stupid as to risk serious injury.

I think that could be the end of his career. If his wrists are smashed up then they may not be able to restore full range of movements, especially needed as a keeper. He would also have a serious weakness in his wrists, not ideal to have a ball smashed at them.

Stefan Schwarz was stopped by Sunderland from going on space travel, they pointed to a clause of "no extreme sports" in his contract.

I'm pretty sure that it's fairly common for football players to have clauses in their contract forbidding them of skiing and such things, tough it's really up to themselves in the end...

Youngish lad who seems to have come on in leaps and bounds recently. Could be the English Drogba.

At least he can make things happen, unlike the current Pool strikers (minus the awesome Torres) Potential match-winner, which Liverpool only have 2 of. Another one wouldn't go amiss.

Who should Rafa go after if not Cole? (I'm not stating there isn't anyone as good, I'm genuinely wondering who fits the bill)

He will never be as good as Drogba.

I hope he does sign him, another failing for big money.

How many strikers has he got rid of in his tenure? Bellamy, Crouch, Heskey, Owen, Fowler, Baros, Garcia, Cisse, Keane, Voronin and has killed the promising striking careers or Babel and Kuyt through playing them out of position.

He will never be as good as Drogba.

I hope he does sign him, another failing for big money.

How many strikers has he got rid of in his tenure? Bellamy, Crouch, Heskey, Owen, Fowler, Baros, Garcia, Cisse, Keane, Voronin and has killed the promising striking careers or Babel and Kuyt through playing them out of position.

Serves him right for putting his ambition to manage Real Madrid in front of his job at Lpool.... Th old plate spinners plates are dropping fast and the old adage 'A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush' is not recognised in spain.

Great Van Persie is out with what appears a serious ankle injury. Meanwhile Bendtner is also out with a groin injury for another three or four weeks.

Without these two, I don't see anybody in the Arsenal squad capable of leading the line in a 4-5-1 formation. I hope their form doesn't dip as a result, because Chelsea look as though they might run away with it this season.

Van Persie has torn ankle ligaments and is out until March at the earliest.

Add Lampard out until Christmas and Jonny Evans limping out of Northern Ireland's game and perhaps this is the way the game is going to even things up with the Big 4?

Better not be smug, we have all still got Wednesday's round of matches to survive.

Van Persie has torn ankle ligaments and is out until March at the earliest.

Add Lampard out until Christmas and Jonny Evans limping out of Northern Ireland's game and perhaps this is the way the game is going to even things up with the Big 4?

Better not be smug, we have all still got Wednesday's round of matches to survive.

Van Persie is out for 6 weeks.

I suppose that, on the bright side, one week of his time on the sidelines is encompassed by the international break. He misses probably the most important game of the season for them though: Chelsea at home, for which they also have Bendtner missing. Arsenal have enough points to comfortably gain top spot in their Champions League group and also have a fair few games against the lesser teams coming up. However, he will miss Man City away in the cup and, in the league, Chelsea (h), Liverpool (a) and Villa (h).

Arsenal fixtures:

Sunderland (a)

CL - Standard (h)

Chelsea (h)

CC - Man City (a)

Stoke (h)

CL - Olympiacos (a)

Liverpool (a)

Burnley (a)

Hull (h)

Villa (h)

Portsmouth (a)

That takes them up to the end of December.

Normally I'm not too concerned with Arsenal, especially as they rarely get close to the title, but this season Chelsea look set to run away with it as United don't look up to the task - and I like an exciting title race.

I suppose that, on the bright side, one week of his time on the sidelines is encompassed by the international break. He misses probably the most important game of the season for them though: Chelsea at home, for which they also have Bendtner missing. Arsenal have enough points to comfortably gain top spot in their Champions League group and also have a fair few games against the lesser teams coming up. However, he will miss Man City away in the cup and, in the league, Chelsea (h), Liverpool (a) and Villa (h).

Arsenal fixtures:

Sunderland (a)

CL - Standard (h)

Chelsea (h)

CC - Man City (a)

Stoke (h)

CL - Olympiacos (a)

Liverpool (a)

Burnley (a)

Hull (h)

Villa (h)

Portsmouth (a)

That takes them up to the end of December.

Normally I'm not too concerned with Arsenal, especially as they rarely get close to the title, but this season Chelsea look set to run away with it as United don't look up to the task - and I like an exciting title race.

Losing Van Persie isn't going too ruin Arsenal's season. This isn't Torres and Liverpool! They have other good strikers at their disposal including Bendtner and Eduardo. Is Walcott still injured?

I think Chelsea's in more trouble having lost their first choice full backs in Cole and Bosingwa. Arsenal have been in blistering form so far this season...

Losing Van Persie isn't going too ruin Arsenal's season. This isn't Torres and Liverpool! They have other good strikers at their disposal including Bendtner and Eduardo. Is Walcott still injured?

I think Chelsea's in more trouble having lost their first choice full backs in Cole and Bosingwa. Arsenal have been in blistering form so far this season...

Bendtner will be injured for some time I think. Groin. So Arsenals season is now down to playing talented midgets upfront. :unsure:

Indeed, they only have Eduardo and Vela available up front. The former is injury prone and the latter has only featured in a couple of Premier League games.

I don't think that RVP being injured will ruin Arsenal's season, but he has been a very big reason why they have been so good and they have two key fixtures coming up against Chelsea and Liverpool.

Archived