BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bendtner will be injured for some time I think. Groin. So Arsenals season is now down to playing talented midgets upfront. :unsure:

Ah ok... I didn't realise Bendtner was out as well! What's with so many players getting groin injuries??

I know Arsenal haven't been that solid defensively this season, but maybe it's now time to concentrate more on defence than attack and pull out some clean sheets and 0-0 draws in their next few games, if they have to manage without players like Van Persie and Bendtner?

So Guys and Girls what are your thoughts on the January Window?

I have a feeling many many millions will be spent in the PL and it could be a record for January

Chelsea - Ban suspended so will spend massively in case the ban is upheld by CAS

City - Will chase the mega star and I can see them go big time for the likes of Ribery

Man U - Will need to invest some of the Ronaldo cash and still need a goalscorer and must keep pace with Chelsea

Arsenal - Not normally big spenders but to catch the top 2 they need some quality defenders

Liverpool - Not sure they have much cash but must gamble to keep CL place as City, Spurs & Villa all seem up for it.

Spurs - Just announced record profits and have many to offload too.

Birmingham - New owners and have said £30m available

Not sure where that leaves us and it might be time to batten down the hatches as it could be a rocky ride and fees could become very silly.

Thoughts ....

So Guys and Girls what are your thoughts on the January Window?

I have a feeling many many millions will be spent in the PL and it could be a record for January

Chelsea - Ban suspended so will spend massively in case the ban is upheld by CAS

City - Will chase the mega star and I can see them go big time for the likes of Ribery

Man U - Will need to invest some of the Ronaldo cash and still need a goalscorer and must keep pace with Chelsea

Arsenal - Not normally big spenders but to catch the top 2 they need some quality defenders

Liverpool - Not sure they have much cash but must gamble to keep CL place as City, Spurs & Villa all seem up for it.

Spurs - Just announced record profits and have many to offload too.

Birmingham - New owners and have said £30m available

Not sure where that leaves us and it might be time to batten down the hatches as it could be a rocky ride and fees could become very silly.

Thoughts ....

As a Villa fan I can tell you we probably won't do anything. Think MON is happy with the current squad.

January is a notoriously difficult time to do anything. Not sure much will happen for most teams.

Personally, I don't think Arsenal will bring anybody in, while I also doubt that Liverpool have any cash to spare right now. I think United will be priced out of moves by City and Chelsea, who may bring in a new face each. I can see Aguero going to Chelsea myself.

Other than that, I reckon Birmingham will spend and maybe Spurs if they shift Pavluchenko. I can't think of anybody else in a particularly strong financial position.

:!: I CANNOT believe how much some players in the prem are paid....

For the last half hour iv been talking to Abdulah Faye's brother - He spotted something Rovers on me and started talking about Dioud and we got talking about his cars and how much money he must earn etc....Anyway turns on he's a good friend of Diouf & like I said Faye is his borther.

Anyway heres the crazy thing. Abdulah Faye is the captain of Stoke...for that he earns £50K A WEEK!! FOOK ME SIDEWAYS!! :!:

I was suggesting that your last sentence was referring to Hughes.

Haha, I see! TBH, I don't think that Hughes has done an awful lot wrong. I've always liked him and still do. He's appeared far more dignified and professional than Allardyce has in recent months.

:!: I CANNOT believe how much some players in the prem are paid....

For the last half hour iv been talking to Abdulah Faye's brother - He spotted something Rovers on me and started talking about Dioud and we got talking about his cars and how much money he must earn etc....Anyway turns on he's a good friend of Diouf & like I said Faye is his borther.

Anyway heres the crazy thing. Abdulah Faye is the captain of Stoke...for that he earns £50K A WEEK!! FOOK ME SIDEWAYS!! :!:

I said a similar thing when King was in the papers. It was said he was on £40K a week. It's crazy, if football is going to claw back it's way from the financially precarious position many clubs are in then there has to be a radical restructuring of wages.

Things like this make me think it'll never happen. If the likes of Faye and King are on such huge ammounts I assume many a premiership footballer is. It also makes me wonder how on earth we'll ever get wage expenditure down significantly/under control.

Personally, I don't think Arsenal will bring anybody in, while I also doubt that Liverpool have any cash to spare right now. I think United will be priced out of moves by City and Chelsea, who may bring in a new face each. I can see Aguero going to Chelsea myself.

Other than that, I reckon Birmingham will spend and maybe Spurs if they shift Pavluchenko. I can't think of anybody else in a particularly strong financial position.

I think Aguero is pretty much a done deal, I will be gob-smacked if he doesn't end up there.

Liverpool surely will have to sell before they buy. I think we will be more active than some think though. Reid's just gone out on loan fitness or shop window? I also can't see Jacobsen being happy of he's still not playing and realistically we should shift one of our right backs and get a left back in.

Archived