BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chelsea looking very strong for the title. If Spuds beat Wigan tomorrow, Liverpool will be 5 points off 4th and beginning to look a trifle adrift.

Arsenal were much further adrift much later in the season last year. There's loads of time for everything to turn on its head.

Totally agree about Chelsea though, they're quietly going about it while all others are dropping points.

Not often I agree with alan green but it was dire.

There were injuries all throughout the first half so no wonder it was dire. The game was just settling in, then Agger got a nasty head injury, then Babel picked up an ankle injury. Toure had to be taken off the pitch because of a back/hip problem but then later came back on the field.

So it was bound to be dire as both sides couldn't let the game play for a consistent amount of time due to injury.

I thought it was more that we didn't want him.

He's a younger Benni - all he does is score goals.

We did want him, think he was our first/second choice.

Allardyce: “We knew Spurs wanted to move Darren on but we were financially unable to meet demands and moved on ourselves.

There were injuries all throughout the first half so no wonder it was dire. The game was just settling in, then Agger got a nasty head injury, then Babel picked up an ankle injury. Toure had to be taken off the pitch because of a back/hip problem but then later came back on the field.

So it was bound to be dire as both sides couldn't let the game play for a consistent amount of time due to injury.

No, it was just dire. Yes there were injuries, yes, it was disrupted but that doesn't explain why, apart from Gerrard, everyone else seemed not to care or be useless. Bellamy was pretty well anonymous right through and it was only after Liverpool scored that ny pace was injected into the game.

• Backroom

The Hull penalty was interesting, Altidore was well in the box when Bullard hit it, I can only imagine the ref let it go because there was also West Ham players encroaching

The Hull penalty was interesting, Altidore was well in the box when Bullard hit it, I can only imagine the ref let it go because there was also West Ham players encroaching

Think its more advantage to the attacking team if the ball goes into the net.

• Backroom

Of course, but at first I thought it may have made a difference that the Hull player was the first to encroach so in theory the ref could make him retake it.

The keeper obviously wasn't happy about it

That new kid Kakuda that has brought Chelsea up before the beak certainly looked a player on his brief debut. Only against a Wolves team desperate to hear the final whistle of course but his ability looked outstanding. Great body swerve, awareness and a take on his chest that was sublime. I wonder if they'd consider him keeping Di Santo company? :rolleyes:

That new kid Kakuda that has brought Chelsea up before the beak certainly looked a player on his brief debut. Only against a Wolves team desperate to hear the final whistle of course but his ability looked outstanding. Great body swerve, awareness and a take on his chest that was sublime. I wonder if they'd consider him keeping Di Santo company? :rolleyes:

I thought he looked outstanding in his brief cameo.

The referee who did the Hull v West Ham game did extremely well

Apart from he completely bottled sending Franco of West Ham off. Doubt it showed you on MOTD, but he was booked, then 6 mins later completely hacked Altidore down in a bad challenge and the ref bottled giving him a card - 2 mins later when he should have been off - West Ham scored. He also bottled giving Hull City a 2nd pen - Upson biggyback riding Hesselink in the box.

it's maybe a Yank thing - I'm certain he doesn't understand certain rules of the game e.t.c. When he was substituted the stadium announcer called his name twice and he was still stood around not knowing it was he who was going off. It took a West Ham player to go tell him he'd be called to go off, lol.

Spuds are currently hammering Wigan. It's 5-1 as I write this.

Not sure what to make of Wigan - one week they look quite impresive, the next utterly dire. Guess Martinez needs time to settle in this league. Regardless it looks like Spurs will be strong contenders for 4th - Liverpool should be worried. (Although the amount they've spent, so they should).

6-1 now. Comical defending by the sounds of it.

Martinez should be worried, i get the impression that if they have a bad run and are near the relegation spots in January Whelan isn't afraid to make a change to keep them up. He was very vocal iirc when Ince was sacked when some in the media thought it was harsh, he kept saying that he thought it was the right decision and that clubs had to make tough decisions to stay in this league.

The problem with Wigan is that it's all well and good trying to play an expansive, attractive passing game but it's very naive to think that you can go away from home to the better teams in this league and try to play them off the park. They've been hammered a few times now. Watching them against Arsenal was cringeworthy.

Archived