BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on Pompey, bring back Tony Adams :lol:. I expected this when Avram Grant and his wee drinking wife turned up. Grant to take over I'd say.

Darren Ferguson 6/4 favourite according to skybet, with Curbishley 3/1 and Coppell 8/1.

Interesting to note that Ferguson Jnr. is also 2/5 to be the next Hull manager with Brown 2/5 to be the next manager to go.

Come on Pompey, bring back Tony Adams :lol:. I expected this when Avram Grant and his wee drinking wife turned up. Grant to take over I'd say.

Darren Ferguson 6/4 favourite according to skybet, with Curbishley 3/1 and Coppell 8/1.

Interesting to note that Ferguson Jnr. is also 2/5 to be the next Hull manager with Brown 2/5 to be the next manager to go.

The good guys don't last long in football do they? :rolleyes:

BUT

Ferguson? Good grief! Does the way to get a Prem job nowadays involve being sacked at a tiny lower league club first? Unless they mean Alex this is madness on a par with us employing a manager from a 4th div club based largely on what must have been the imaginary kudos of lil old unfashionable BRFC employing the first black manager in the Prem..... especially when he was actually the 3rd! :rolleyes:

The good guys don't last long in football do they? :rolleyes:

BUT

Ferguson? Good grief! Does the way to get a Prem job nowadays involve being sacked at a tiny lower league club first? Unless they mean Alex this is madness on a par with us employing a manager from a 4th div club based largely on what must have been the imaginary kudos of lil old unfashionable BRFC employing the first black manager in the Prem..... especially when he was actually the 3rd! :rolleyes:

I agree that he hardly has the credentials for managing in the Premier League, although he does have more going for him than Ince did. Back to back promotions, and managing in League 1 and the Championship (albeit not too successfully with the latter) gives him much more managerial experience than Ince. Granted he's not the experience as a player, although as we regularly see, the correlation between good players and good managers isn't that high.

As for Portsmouth - realistically who would go there. Other than Grant, I can't see anyone wanting it. There's no nucleus of a squad, there's whopping debts, they're in a poor position in the league; in short it's a shocking situation. Only a manager with nothing to loose would go there. Ferguson jr doesn't merit a crack at a premiership club, but if they look elsewhere then Grant this'd be the quality of candidates I imagine.

Has anyone seen Pompey's fixture list over the next month?

Man Utd H

Burnley H

Sunderland A

Chelsea A

Liverpool H

West Ham A

Arsenal H

Whoever gets the job is going to have to do a hell of a job to get any points from that lot.

Avram Gran has got the job i think he'll keep them up myself.

Avram Gran has got the job i think he'll keep them up myself.

Can't see it myself. Although the results weren't good under Paul Hart, the Players seemed to play for him. I think they we're close to turning the corner..not now....there's more financial pain ahead too.....RELEGATED

Yeah, I can see that happening, the club is a mess. I think they have the intentions to give him money but dont have it yet and will just end up chasing the investment needed to do that like in the summer and end up with nisch again. Even if they ddi find some cash with that run of fixtures they could be as good as down by Xmas and I cant see many players wanting to join then. I reckon they are down for sure this year.

Archived