BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Anyone else wishing we'd made a move for Jimmy Bullard? He's getting back to form and fitness with Hull, and looks exactly what we need in the middle of the park. Also, a great character to have around the squad. I can see why the move was scuppered at the time, but still...

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He doesn't do badly with what he's got right now, he's had some money but not much over the years just look at this signings from there current team :-

Leighton Baines 6 million

Joseph Yobo 4 million

Phil Jagielka 4 Million

Tim Cahill 1.5 Million

Phil Neville 3.5 Million

Steven Pienaar 2 Million

Yakubu 11.25 million

Tim Howard 3 million

Marouane Fellaini 15 million

Mikel Arteta 2 million

There's only 2 players over 10 million the rest fall under 5 million and then there's Dan Gosling, Leon Osman and Jack Rodwell who are part of the youth team. To have gotten them to finish were they have been doing for the last few seasons on decent size but still small budget is really good.

Forgetting BILLY THE £9M + RUSSIAN

JONNY £6M HEITINGA

SYLVAIN £5.3M DISTIN

hell of a manager moyes, oh wait no no he is'nt

Anyone else wishing we'd made a move for Jimmy Bullard? He's getting back to form and fitness with Hull, and looks exactly what we need in the middle of the park. Also, a great character to have around the squad. I can see why the move was scuppered at the time, but still...

With his injury record - even in his short time at Hull - I don't think we could afford him. He went for stupid money at the time, didn't he?

We are missing a bit of spark though in midfield - you made a similar point in the match thread. I don't think Bullard is the answer though.

But who...? (and in our price range)

• Backroom

No, I imagine he's on huge wages and probably wont be long till he's injured again

I think Reo Coker could do a job for us Jisty

With his injury record - even in his short time at Hull - I don't think we could afford him. He went for stupid money at the time, didn't he?

We are missing a bit of spark though in midfield - you made a similar point in the match thread. I don't think Bullard is the answer though.

Yeah, he went for £5m is a lot for a 31 year-old. I must admit, I have rose-tinted spectacles for Bullard, as he's a dynamic midfielder and a big personality. Like I said, just what we could do with. Interestingly, he managed 145apps in three years for Wigan which is good going. Looks like he got niggled playing for Fulham.

Yeah, he went for £5m is a lot for a 31 year-old. I must admit, I have rose-tinted spectacles for Bullard, as he's a dynamic midfielder and a big personality. Like I said, just what we could do with. Interestingly, he managed 145apps in three years for Wigan which is good going. Looks like he got niggled playing for Fulham.

Sounds a bit like Savage. (Although Bullard has more craft than Robbie).

Digressing slightly, in hindsight, I wonder if we'd have kept hold of Brad, Bentley, Savage and Tugay for another season that they went, would we be better off?

Maybe but I wouldn't swap our current situation with Hull's or Bolton's.

I agree with the overall situation, but I saw the Man City v. Hull game, and Hull was outstandingly scrappy. If they play like that for the rest of the season, they should be safe from relegation.

Aiden McGeady of Celtic? He's only about 23.

Might get criticised by some, but what about Burnley's Chris Eagles? He just made two assists and scored one against West Ham after they went 5-0 down, and he was the only Burnley player who played against us who actually looked like he could do something (and did). I wonder how much he would cost.

Also, Bullard is amazing. Not just because he's a good player, but he seems to have an insanely powerful influence on the entire Hull team, which is bringing the best out of them. It's like they have a new found belief with him in the squad.

World Cup year.

There are players out there who could do a job for Rovers in the midfield department.

Wilshire, Ramsay and Denilson at Arsenal could all be loan options.

Reo Coker or Sidwell at Villa.

Bentley at Spurs.

Weiss at City.

Nolan at barcodes could be a swap option with Zurab, he couldnt do any worse than we have at the moment, JHC I would even take Alan Smith at the moment.

There are probably a whole host of European based players that would do a job and that could be loan options. The club just have to be prepared to look around and take the plunge in filling a position that has needed filling for the past 5 years.

Forgetting BILLY THE £9M + RUSSIAN

JONNY £6M HEITINGA

SYLVAIN £5.3M DISTIN

hell of a manager moyes, oh wait no no he is'nt

Moyes is a good manager, the finishes he's had with Everton when comparing spending and the such have been fantastic.

Try considering more than just this season, but they'll still more than likely finish well above us and get into europe, yet again.

I wonder what happens to Hughesy if they get more bad results.

On that note, what's happened to our resident Hughsey. Gone a bit quiet following his accident. Anyone know if he's okay?

If he gets short of a bob or two I wouldn't mind him taking the job of Chief Scout at BRFC! :rover:

Ha, if only!

• Backroom

Spurs looking very good in the first 15 minutes v United, Bentley in particular looks dangerous.

I think they'll win this cup if they get through tonight.

EDIT The second I post, Bentley makes a bad tackle and United score lol

Manchester City are going bad considering what they've spent.

I wonder what happens to Hughesy if they get more bad results.

I think the next 4 games decide his fate...potentially a very tricky run or potentially some excellent results about to drop for them... QF Arsenal (h), Chelsea (h), Bolton (a), Spurs (a)

On that note, what's happened to our resident Hughsey. Gone a bit quiet following his accident. Anyone know if he's okay?

Im ok thanks Jisty...not been around much, been busy with getting the old one sold for scrap and getting a new one etc..

Im ok thanks Jisty...not been around much, been busy with getting the old one sold for scrap and getting a new one etc..

I trust you're going to adequately insure the new one?

Harsh lesson to learn, but if you can't afford the insurance you can't afford the car.

I trust you're going to adequately insure the new one?

Harsh lesson to learn, but if you can't afford the insurance you can't afford the car.

Yer - learn by your mistakes eh! :lol: Anyway next one is going to be fully comp at around £800 a year!

Totally off topic, but thought I'd post this anyway. Just been watching Premier League Highlights from 1996/97 on ESPN Classic, and thought I'd Google to find out what Darren Huckerby is up to these days. Well, it turns out he's a legend who scored the greatest goal of all time against Manchester (when they played in dark blue). The video is of an interview with a US network after he signed for the San Jose Earthquakes. Poor bugger does well just to get through this -

Archived