BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep Notts County for sale and close to new ownership - Rumours that Sven could be part of the buy-out!

Also - Portsmouth may have to sell their top players in the new year unless they can find £18m by the start of Janaury to service outstanding debts. (Full story: The Sun)

In the current climate of finances, with West Ham being bid on at about 40 million pounds, it makes you wonder how much Rovers are worth. Yes we may be in a stable condition as opposed to badly managed clubs such as West Ham, Newcastle, etc but you have to look at earning potential too. A club in London will definitely be far more attractive than a town club like ours.

Sadly it looks like West Ham are going to get out of bother, as Gold will buy them. My understanding isn't great on the issue but I think they can't afford not to accept his offer.

As for Pompey how on earth are they still not in administration? Quite unbelievable.

Apparently Portsmouth owe 18 million in January. I cannot see where they will raise half that money from transfer sales (not least because their bargaining position is pretty woeful). James will go and fetch a million or two, but for the rest, who would pay decent money for them. Utterly stuffed imo.

Also with so many clubs from the successful manure, to lower league clubs, and seemingly many in between, surely this makes a financially sound rovers a more attractive option. Regardless of whether it does or not it makes you thankful we support such a well run club.

As for Pompey how on earth are they still not in administration? Quite unbelievable.

Apparently Portsmouth owe 18 million in January. I cannot see where they will raise half that money from transfer sales Utterly stuffed imo.

it makes you thankful we support such a well run club.

Quite agree. It is a bit uncharitable but Portsmouth deserve to get in trouble for buying success with money they didn't have.

It is interesting that once the bubble bursts, there seems to be no end of problems. I thought they had sorted out their financial problems with their last sell off. Their actions are crazy, just crazy.

Shame for him.

Rumours he is trying to sue Chelsea & Wright-Phillips for the challenge that caused it all.

More likely his insurance company is trying to sue so that they don't have to pay out. The case will fail, they'll have incurred substantial legal fees, will have to pay out the other sides legal fees and they'll have to pay out to Ashton anyway...oh, and all our premiums will go up to cover the lot.

Hurray! Everyone's a winner...oh, wait...

Archived