BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just shows how bad this award has become, even his inclusion in the nomanations is hard to understand, is it because he is coming towards the end of his footballing days, he is part of a team that has won many honours, so who's next to win it then, Paul Scholes, Gary Neville?

Giggs has 10 other players on his side, well 11 if you count the ref, where as Button has only his own skill to rely on when he is out on the track.

Another great sportsman who always seems to miss out is dart player Phil Taylor, 14 time world champion and this year has become the first player to hold all major titles in the same year.

1. Everyone involved in F1 calls it a "team sport".

2. Darts isn't a sport.

Gold and Sullivan have made a £50 million bid for West Ham, according to SSN a decision will be taken by West Ham owners on Friday.

£50 million??!?!?!?!!!?!?!

Surely that must take into account their debt? Unreal.

The city of Liverpool could lose out in the race to host 2018 World Cup matches, with Milton Keynes a possible inclusion in England's final bid to Fifa.

Full story: The Times

Taken from the BBC:

Are you having a laugh???? Milton Keynes over Liverpool???? WTF sack the whole of the FA!!!!

MK over Liverpool, I just don't adam and eve it!!

2018 is a long way away....suppose it depends what they have planned. Liverpool's bid is being affected by the fact that in their plans it includes the tesco stadium...which is no longer happening

There might only be 1 team in Liverpool by that time too. :)

I'd still place anfield above the new MK dons stadium. But Liverpool is a footballing city and know throughout europe, not just for the teams. There will be a serious outcry if Liverpool is snubbed for MK.

As you said its 8 years away so surely one of them will have built a stadium by then?

someone needs to go to soho square and give them all a good slap in the face, joke of an institution!!!!

Poppycock, they'll both be around for a long time yet.

Hopefully......If Liverpool carry on their fine form it could happen quickly too! :lol:

I agree Liverpool should probably be in there Majiball however it all depends on the plans for both places.....not seen them so cant really comment. Is the MK stadium planned for more increases? I know its only have seated so far...

Hopefully......If Liverpool carry on their fine form it could happen quickly too! :lol:

I agree Liverpool should probably be in there Majiball however it all depends on the plans for both places.....not seen them so cant really comment. Is the MK stadium planned for more increases? I know its only have seated so far...

It will be some geographical reason as always, christ even Plymouth are in there (or where). I don't see why they would expand the MK stadium they can't fill it as it stands and increasing it surely is more money they can afford. What can I say I don't have a great love for the FA and never will.

This is what Ince had to say:

Milton Keynes was the first potential host to make its submission, with MK Dons chairman Pete Winkelman and Dons manager Paul Ince, capped 53 times by England, at Wembley to bang the town's drum.

Ince said: "We just want people to take us seriously because we are mixing with the Manchesters and Liverpools. It is a serious campaign by us - I wouldn't be involved if it wasn't, and when they do see our (plans) they'll realise how serious we are."

Plans are one thing Paul, but I'll wager they are depenedent on success on the pitch and getting to the promised land. Whilst I admire their ambition thats all it is, we have two 40,000 seater stadiums already and with both trying to build a new one it won't be long before we have a new one.

I'll be watching with bated breath.

Middle eastern consortium bored with their latest toy.

They don't own the club any longer.

If Trembling (the new owner) isn't fairly wealthy they could be in real trouble. Schmeichel, Akinbiyi and Lee Hughes must be on a lot of money for that level.

Dodgy club - Campbell leaving after 1 game, and then being gagged told its own story....

Majiball - why do you talk about liverpool as 'we'?? :blink:

LJMU I'd imagine.

It is very obvious that the solution for Merseyside is a single new shared stadium. The longer the scousers ignore that, the better it is for Rovers.

LJMU I'd imagine.

It is very obvious that the solution for Merseyside is a single new shared stadium. The longer the scousers ignore that, the better it is for Rovers.

If Rovers were in the same situation - would we want to share with either bolton or burnley? The solution may well be obvious, but the implications / backlash etc!!!!!!!1

Really? I won't.

If liverpool get games here I will definitly get tickets, its also about 1 mile to either ground from my place so off course I'll be gutted if it doesn't end up here. This is no slate on anywhere else in england, but every person I meet here is football mad, I even see kids playing on the streets regularly. Football is part of this city and should be part of any english world cup bid.

Dodgy club - Campbell leaving after 1 game, and then being gagged told its own story....

Majiball - why do you talk about liverpool as 'we'?? :blink:

In reference to LJMU really, I know the whole of our departement would be in up-roar if they give it too MK over us. The FA are as popular as a rectal temperature probe.

If Rovers were in the same situation - would we want to share with either bolton or burnley? The solution may well be obvious, but the implications / backlash etc!!!!!!!1

It is the ideal situation really. Both clubs would save a serious amount of cash which could be spent on the pitch instead. Italian clubs seem to cope and they are rather violent at times and yet seem to live with it, there is such strong opposition to the move of everton out to Kirby that perhaps it will be the next solution, however the fans won't like it one bit but if it meant both clubs could move forward and spend more money each year they would eventually come round.

I will wet myself if the clubs come out and say right you lot won't let us move to Kirby so since we have to move to continue at our current level we're going to share with Pool. I reckon the opposition to Kirby would soon go away.

Anyway Goodison should be knocked down, its ancient and decaying do they still have wooden benchs in the away end?

I think the difference between us and Burnley and Liverpool and Everton is that their club grounds are within half a mile of each other. A purpose built ground for both clubs, which changed from red to blue for relevant home games is the only way they are going to be able to move on (assuming Liverpool are still a going concern this time next year). Wherever you put a ground for us and Burnley most people would be inconvenienced and there is no economic case for needing a new bigger ground for either of us because neither of us would fill it.

Archived