BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else thing we will see old Hughesy getting his P45 some time soon?

3-0 down to a Spurs side who haven't had to move out of second gear.

before jan i'd think, imagine they'd want the new fella to make his own signings......guess that'll be mourinho or hiddink on stupid weekly wedge goin chitty.

I'd imagine city would attract a far better calibre of manager than liverpool could hope for..just a question of who goes first rafa or hughes

Hughes may be out of a job and without many options, how long before somebody mentions him coming back here?

Damn I already did.

Would we take him back though? I reckon about 60% of our fanbase probably would despite everything that's gone on. One thing's for sure, he's blown his big break in management now!

To be precise Mellison, that wasn't their strongest team and it was against PL rules, - always has been. As to whether it should be that way is another argument.

What is the point in having a squad then. The manager has a squad of players to chose from. How often have the top 4 left players out due to forthcoming Euro / champ league games. The carling cup is another example - managers chose from their squads - blood players into first team action. Then judges if they are good enough or not to play in the first team in the prem. Wolves decided last night the players they put out were good enough. Yes they lost 3 0. Other teams playing their regular first teamers will lose by 3 0 and nobody will say anything apart from praise Utd.

Hughes may be out of a job and without many options, how long before somebody mentions him coming back here?

Damn I already did.

No suprise there then..after all anyone would be better than Sam...Hell lets get Ince in :lol:

Anything to stop playing 4-4-2...oops I mean 4-5-1

• Backroom

Au contraire Hughesy, I've said all along Sam was the right man for the job when he got it.

Whether he is the right man now is up for debate. As for Hughes as theno once said, Hughes the scout was brilliant (although Sam has done well in the market for me) but Hughes the tactician towards the end of his Rovers career wasn't great at all we played some dire stuff.

I have no problem with whatever formation we play as long as we play our best team, not the likes of Diouf and Roberts and play at least a bit of football rather than hit and hope.

This is different Theno. Wolves are the first club to say loud and clear by their actions alone, that they can't compete with Man Utd and they are happy to throw the game. They will deny that of course, but that is what they have done.

If MU had beaten the 1st X1 (whatever that is) 3-0 nobody would have even raised an eyebrow so what does it matter?

Truth is the media money and the CL have ruined our top league and driven a cash wedge in that has turned us into a carbon copy of the inequality that passes for a football competition in Scotland.... Just as they have everywhere else in europe in fact. The biter bit of course being that the cupid stunts in the CL have used that income to borrow massively beyond their means. Ludicrous.

If MU had beaten the 1st X1 (whatever that is) 3-0 nobody would have even raised an eyebrow so what does it matter?

You don't really believe that do you Gord.

If the PL don't charge and punish Wolves, that will give the green light to every club to play the reserves against any other club, in any domestic competition they liked. The chances of that happening are quite high in my opinion. Wouldn't you be the first to complain if Rovers went onto the park at Ewood, in a Premier League game, fielding a reserve team and knowing they were going to lose?

Don't underestimate the selfishness of football clubs.

and if they do the backlash should be from their fans and not from the league. So if you field your reserves and win should you still be punished?

What if Wolves had stuck that side out and scraped a 1-0. They had no shots, United hit the woodwork 10 times and an 89th minute 30 yard own goal from Vidic had won Wolves the game? Do you still punish Wolves?

From the BBC:

1314: Pompey have a couple of corners, but nothing comes of them. The next goal in this Premier League season will be the 500th - and in only the 168th game, it'd be the quickest 500 in Prem history (185 games in 1994/95, my favourite Premier League season of all).

Mine too!

Liverpool losing as Pompey got the 500th and Mascherano straight red carded.

• Backroom

Watching the Pompey - Pool game, its clear that Liverpool really are just an average team with a couple of World class players thrown in.

Souness raised some good points a few weeks ago, if they don't quailfy for the Champs league it could spell the end of Liverpool as a force at all, if Torres was to go they are nothing.

Archived