BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Well a good day's work for Chelsea without lifting a finger. Virtually all (bar le Arse) of their rivals suffered a blow of some sorts.

Man U got hammered. 3-0 won't help the goal difference either.

Liverpool are determined to make it a big 3 again. No CL football, heck it might even be no european football and the loss of their two good players as they slip into obscurity. Certainly it won't help liverpool attract players of the calibre they need in January.

City sack Hughes. The last thing that club needed was a lack of stablity. Maybe there'll be a honeymoon period, but even so new players will be brought, a new system/style employed, the players will struggle to get the continuity needed for success.

Spurs - have an unsanctioned Christmas party and a manager facing charges for financial irregularities to deal with. Also if today was anything to go by they don't look that great on the pitch either.

Oh forgot about Villa for whom it was also a good day, scraping past Stoke.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think think it's a ridiculous prediction.

If you think Spurs will finish above Man Utd, you are an absolute mentalist.

You mean like Mick McCarthey whom if he had made his team selections the other way round might have caused Spurs to be above the Mancs now?

Man United are far from out of this title race. Chelsea are obviously, and quite rightly, heavy favourites now, but there's a long way to go and the gap isn't that big. I'd expect a few dealings in January for United and with Drogba, Essien and Kalou going away for Chelsea they could have a couple of difficult weeks.

You mean like Mick McCarthey whom if he had made his team selections the other way round might have caused Spurs to be above the Mancs now?

You would have thought a man who has watched football for so long now would be aware that the season actually finishes 5 months after December.

Saying that if you didn't, I could forgive you for not knowing how Manchester United have performed in these 5 months over the past 20 odd years.

I will wager ANY amount of money you wish right now on this matter. If you are being serious I this you're a nutter, but saying that you had Boro down for the Champions League the season they went down.

You would have thought a man who has watched football for so long now would be aware that the season actually finishes 5 months after December.

Saying that if you didn't, I could forgive you for not knowing how Manchester United have performed in these 5 months over the past 20 odd years.

I will wager ANY amount of money you wish right now on this matter. If you are being serious I this you're a nutter, but saying that you had Boro down for the Champions League the season they went down.

What it is to have fans who hang onto and memorise everything I type on this website's forum!

• Backroom

Shocking decision by the referee at West Ham, he's made Lampard retake a penalty twice due to encroachment, the majority of the players encroaching were West Ham players though. Fair enough if it was Chelsea players but there was 6 West Ham players there, lets hope now they stamp out goalies coming off the line

Was never a penalty though I think maybe the ref knew this.

Third time lucky. 1-1

Also Nicko's mate Sturridge is on, looks a talent

Just watched Everton vs. Birmingham on MOTD2.

I expect there will be a big media backlash against Stephen Carr for deliberate handball? :rolleyes:

Saw that. He got away with it but why on earth do they do stupid things like that? It's absolute bloody madness and must have managers tearing their hair out. Doyle taking his shirt off was almost as stupid.

Probably outwards dealings for Man U if there are any in Jan.

Right now it is that bad for the Glazers.

It can change of course....

I'll make the same offer. Any sum of money, you name it and I'll take it on United finishing in the top 2.

Archived