BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Lots of links for City today - mainly Chiellini, Gattuso & Aguero!

Man City looking at bringing in a new striker is pretty ridiculous. I hope Man City crash and burn now because they are fools for getting rid of Hughes for a number of reasons. Give a guy 200mil to spend and then fire him and give another 100mil to someone else... yea, that's a good idea :rolleyes:

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is going to be hold onto your hats time this January in one respect.

City and Chelsea might spend £100m between them.

Spurs and Villa are bound to be net spenders- they would be daft not to with a CL place tantalisingly within reach.

However, most of that cash is probably going on players from outside the Prem rather than within it.

Elsewhere I guess it will be agonisingly slow and quiet.

We will see if Cheung is for real or not at Brum- either way I'd be surprised if they don't make at least one headline signing.

Sunderland are having a disappointing season considering the amount they spent- perhaps a splash to try to put themselves back into Euro contention?

Stoke and Wolves might be net spenders.

Guest Kamy100

A factor on what players to sign will be the upcoming change to the squad rules (for the 2010/2011 season), whereby clubs are required to have a certain amount of English (hone grown) players and the squads will be limited to 25 players. Many, many Premier League clubs do not have anywhere near 8 home grown players and this will factor into transfer decisions made this January.

Lets hope we win. To be quite honest, im now more concerned about our results, than those around us. But its great seeing the aliens losing at the moment. Bloody hell, the Beast is the white version of Jason Brown

• Backroom

From the BBC:

Confusion all round. Stephen Ward gives the ball away with a ridiculous backheel and Steven Gerrard plays in Lucas on the right, Ward cynically bringing down the Brazilian. Ref Andre Marriner - SOMEHOW - manages to bring out the card for Christophe Berra. The Liverpool players' complaints, along with the linesman, indicate he's got it all wrong and eventually Ward is off for his second yellow of the half, the first for a foul on Yossi Benayoun.

Not quite sure I follow this as I'm not watching the game, did the ref book the wrong player then the liverpool players corrected him to get the right guy booked as he was already on a card.

Archived