BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not from the bench/stand he wont!

Going back to Philip's post I note Rob Kelly who I rated quite highly when he was at Rovers has taken temporary charge at Preston.

A common and sensible thing by Preston. They always seem to promote the managers understudy especially by giving him a chance with the January transfer window looming.

Table below (half way down article) which shows the clubs who lose their players to the Africa Nations Cup in January.

Who's out to Africa

A little bit of good news. Both ManC (Toure and Adebayor) and Fulham (Pantsil and Etuhu) will lose players next month. I'm not sure if it will be enough of a boost, but it certainly improves our odds, if only marginally.

A little bit of good news. Both ManC (Toure and Adebayor) and Fulham (Pantsil and Etuhu) will lose players next month. I'm not sure if it will be enough of a boost, but it certainly improves our odds, if only marginally.

Man City will be improved by those two not being around and I believe Pantsil is injured so there is a possibility of him not going to the ACN but recovering in time to face us...

Table below (half way down article) which shows the clubs who lose their players to the Africa Nations Cup in January.

Who's out to Africa

That table sucks - typical Daily Mail. The teams listed in order of how many players are going. Within groups with the same number of players they are in alphabetical order - until the last group of zero players going - when suddenly M, L and W all come before Birmingham and Blackburn.

Like you Mick, I'd be very worried if a Finance Company were to buy Rovers. Such organisations are hardly likely to be in it for the long haul and will ultimately be looking to turn a profit when they sell in a couple of years. Unless they can do this through getting into the Champions League, it may well involve asset stripping (players).

Little sympathy for West Ham as they've got themselves into this mess over a number of years - and haven't covered themselves in glory in some of their behaviours. I do feel for the genuine supporters though - they always seem to be the only ones who lose out.

Like you Mick, I'd be very worried if a Finance Company were to buy Rovers. Such organisations are hardly likely to be in it for the long haul and will ultimately be looking to turn a profit when they sell in a couple of years. Unless they can do this through getting into the Champions League, it may well involve asset stripping (players).

Little sympathy for West Ham as they've got themselves into this mess over a number of years - and haven't covered themselves in glory in some of their behaviours. I do feel for the genuine supporters though - they always seem to be the only ones who lose out.

They were first introduced to West Ham via the as a collection of supporters from England and America by Byrne the mouthpiece for Intermarket. Tony Cottee is rumoured as to have put the group together. But in truth nobody knows anything about them.

No Finance would buy West Ham as the debt is massive and our premiership status is in doubt.

I agree about your second paragraph, thats why I always warn you lot when some of you "dream" of being takenover you never know what plonker you are getting.....

Will be interesting to see if they can hang onto Upson, Green & Parker in the window

I think Upson is definately going he is 30 and his contract has only 18 months left and he is currently refusing to sign a new one.

Parker is the key to staying up, he has been by far the best player this season.

I think Upson is definately going he is 30 and his contract has only 18 months left and he is currently refusing to sign a new one.

Cant really blame him to be honest - no real owners & lots of uncertainty around the club & their premier league status.

What does West Hams debt + money owed to Sheff Utd come to?!

Whats the wage to turnover % like?

Anything between £40 Million and £60 Million. The accounts have been delayed for the 2nd year in a row so doesn't look like the accounts improved much on last year.

Don't know to be honest but it must be coming down but we are still running at a loss as Straumur has to pump in £5 Million last month to keep us going.....

Surely then the bigger players will need to be sold for anything north of £8m and then replaced with poorer players.....its the only way, unless of course you find a sugar daddy.

Im not convinced with Zola either - I think he has escaped criticism because he's a foreign fancy dan who did well as a player!

Surely then the bigger players will need to be sold for anything north of £8m and then replaced with poorer players.....its the only way, unless of course you find a sugar daddy.

Im not convinced with Zola either - I think he has escaped criticism because he's a foreign fancy dan who did well as a player!

Depends if we want to risk losing our premiership status.

As regards Zola I am not convinced either, seems obsessed with 4-3-3 and for us with the players we have it just doesn't work. But in his defence it hasn't been the easiest time to manage us.....

Parker is the key to staying up, he has been by far the best player this season.

Upson enjoys a decent reputation which absolutely mystifies me. If I were being kind I'd put him in the Dyer, Jenas, Woodgate club.

Upson enjoys a decent reputation which absolutely mystifies me. If I were being kind I'd put him in the Dyer, Jenas, Woodgate club.

I agree about Upson, I don't think I've ever seen him have a really good game. Scott Parker however is a great little player, always give 120% no matter who he plays for. Just what we need instead of Andrews. Any chance of a swop Mick ?

Watching Torres put that winner away reminded me when we had great strikers in Shearer and Sutton - sigh. :( One chance, one goal

That's the difference isn't it RTH, - quality. Shame we sell ours so quickly. Other clubs seem to fight so much harder to keep their best players, especially strikers.

Too many get out clauses given by us.

Archived