BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

No, I don't think Spurs are after Parker.

In fact West Ham's amazing magic act of selling problem or indifferent players for mind-boggling sums may well pass them by now that Hughes is no longer at City and Spurs have a settled side with players returning from injury.

Upson will probably go but not for the rumoured £10m.

Stoke have to be the hope for offloading Parker for a big fee.

Robert Green moving to Spurs might be an outside chance but Gomez is now the better keeper of those two.

Anyway, West Ham possibly being bought and Bolton sacking Megson is surely stirring the pot at the bottom and making Rovers' position far more precarious.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the difference isn't it RTH, - quality. Shame we sell ours so quickly. Other clubs seem to fight so much harder to keep their best players, especially strikers.

Too many get out clauses given by us.

Like who?

Bentley - £1.5m - 17m

Rocky - £3m - 18m

Shearer - £3m - £15m (a long time ago too)

Duff - Free - £17m

Like who?

Bentley - £1.5m - 17m

Rocky - £3m - 18m

Shearer - £3m - £15m (a long time ago too)

Duff - Free - £17m

You say "like who" then name four? [i wasn't thinking of Shearer]

Add Bellamy, Warnock, Friedel to that list.

BBC Sport News ticker - Portsmouth FC issued with winding up petition.

No links yet.

That is no surprise after the action by the French club. There was probably an unseemly rush to get there first.

Difficult to see how Pompey get out of this one except for the window opening two days from now.

Pompy will no doubt find another buyer, while well run rovers watch on the sidelines

The 5th this year? I think not, especially as there appears to be nobody in the wings this time.

The CEO and Chairman has a tax criminal case as do the former owner and manager which immediately makes the due diligence hairy to say the least. The case itself is about one particular transaction but anyone with Google can see there are other question marks any serious purchaser would need to get resolved. Then chuck in an unresolved planning application or two and a bunch of non-sensical wage contracts like Utaka and James...

There is not enough head above water value in Pompey for anyone to even pay £1 for that club to offset those sorts of risks when they are costed out.

Looks very bleak for the club for whom Air Malta are the official carrier.

The 5th this year? I think not, especially as there appears to be nobody in the wings this time.

The CEO and Chairman has a tax criminal case as do the former owner and manager which immediately makes the due diligence hairy to say the least. The case itself is about one particular transaction but anyone with Google can see there are other question marks any serious purchaser would need to get resolved. Then chuck in an unresolved planning application or two and a bunch of non-sensical wage contracts like Utaka and James...

There is not enough head above water value in Pompey for anyone to even pay £1 for that club to offset those sorts of risks when they are costed out.

Looks very bleak for the club for whom Air Malta are the official carrier.

Do they own fratten park? would not selling naming rights not raise money? 2m does not sound a lot in the football world - though I am aware they owe more than this to others. 2days from the transfer window could see them sell one player nad pay this 2m.

Do Pompey owe Rovers any money?

£10m owed to clubs in fees

£2m owed to HMRC

They look like they are in deep trouble......surely they will have to enter administration soon.

Not sure they can go into admin now a winding up order has been issued by the taxman.

Not 100% sure, but I think they will have to resolve that first.

That's why HMRC have issued the order, so they can't go into admin and pay them a fraction of what they are oewd.

Any legal eagles know better...?

The Court hearing ain't until Feb and HMRC have apparently indicated in relation to this they have no interest in putting any businesses out of business.

Surely Portsmouth will be able to find 2m by then.

But in this case are there completely different circumstances as in.

1. Portsmouth FC is owned by foreigners, being passed around to whoever, are they these investors fit and proper people for our nation ?

2. Strategically, Portsmouth is home to one of our navy bases, ownership of this club has be more sensitive and for national security purposes it simply cant be passed from one foriegner to another only to fall into the wrong hands from a national security point of view.

3. The unpaid tax seems to have been an opportunity in which the inland revenue have acted quickly. Obviously the government know alot more than we do, but it makes sense to shut it down and bring the land back into safe hands legitemately as quickly as is possible if there is wrong doing behind the people involved at this club.

Unfortunately the losers will be the Portsmouth public.

A common and sensible thing by Preston. They always seem to promote the managers understudy especially by giving him a chance with the January transfer window looming.

I don't think they are though. Kelly is in charge for Saturday's game and the club say they expect a new manager to be in place during next week.

I don't think they are though. Kelly is in charge for Saturday's game and the club say they expect a new manager to be in place during next week.

Preston always like to promote number 2's. Moyes from Andy Peters, they also promoted Billy Davies form Craig Brown, to name two recent managerial appointments.

Whichever way they go they've obviously left enough room for the new guy to play the january transfer window.

The Court hearing ain't until Feb and HMRC have apparently indicated in relation to this they have no interest in putting any businesses out of business.

Surely Portsmouth will be able to find 2m by then.

Is the hearing placed in Feb with the hope it will move Pompey to find them their £2m during the window?! Wouldnt suprise me if it is!

We should look to try and get Boateng on the cheap from them, and maybe Belhadj too

Archived