BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends if we want to risk losing our premiership status.

As regards Zola I am not convinced either, seems obsessed with 4-3-3 and for us with the players we have it just doesn't work. But in his defence it hasn't been the easiest time to manage us.....

Sounds like a manager swap between our two clubs might be in order!

Keep yer pecker up Mick.

Firesale at Pompey. It is come and grab what you want time (if any, considering their wages).

They need to raise £6m immediately.

I was talking to my (Pompey-supporting) mate last night who said he'd love Diouf for their relegation scrap. I'd say a swapsy for Belhadj will do nicely!

Andy Gray has just done his team of the decade on SSN - Brad in goal. Well deserved.

Did you see the Goals of the Decade? Talk about a Man Utd love-in. They had Paul Scholes' against Villa... but what about Tugay's against Spurs?

:angry2:

I think Di Canio's should win, anyway. Tight angle on the volley, great technique.

Nice footballer but has a tendency to vanish for big chunks of the game. We've got a few of them already, we need battlers like Hunt. Swap him for MGP though. Why does he want to move ?

I'm not sure if he does want a move. I heard Fulham were offering him and a few other players about.

I think we are trying to cut the wage bill as we have given out new contracts to Dempsey, Hughes, Hangeland, Schwazer, Murphy, Hodgson and still have alot of excess weight that we need to get rid of such as Eddie Johnson and Frederik Stoor.

Today we sold 2 youngsters to Lincoln and sent them another two on loan. I dunno but maybe we are trying to balance the books?

Are Pompy allowed to sign players at the moment?

On loan I guess. But they have their PL-quota filled with O'Hara and Boateng, right?

Portsmouth cannot sign ANY players at the moment, perminant, loan or free agents. I remember seeing in the paper Hart wanted to sign a player who was a free agent (who escapes me at the moment - not a very inspiring name as I recall) but the transfer ban stopped him from doing so.

Portsmouth say they expect the ban to be lifted soon, within the transfer window, although the new winding up order may cause a few problems for them as that also needs immediately paying as well as the money to get the transfer ban lifted. Throw in the ANC and it could be a long January for Portsmouth.

Pompey are due £7m from the Prem in January but they won't see a penny as it will be used towards paying Pompey's footballing debts which are about £10m. So that will not lead to the transfer ban being lifted- hence the need to raise £6m from sales (£3m for football debts and £3m to get the Revenue off their winding-up petition). But Pompey would still have debts estimated of up to a further £50m hanging over them.

Did you see the Goals of the Decade? Talk about a Man Utd love-in. They had Paul Scholes' against Villa... but what about Tugay's against Spurs?

:angry2:

I think Di Canio's should win, anyway. Tight angle on the volley, great technique.

In fairness they've picked 11, one from each season from within this decade. We have had plenty worthy though, any number of Tugay strikes, Pedersen vs Fulham and Reid vs Wigan.

Archived