BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Yawn yawn yawn Philip. Twice the club Bolton are? Really?

I think you're the one missing the point. I have no doubt Coyle would rather finish the job he's doing as opposed to clean up the one someone else has done, as both jobs revolve around the same thing.

To suggest Bolton are twice the club is ridiculous, and is just a Rovers fan talking anti Burnley crap. We are all small north west clubs, who have all got to the top flight via very different routes.

Let's not forget how we got here, and don't be so quick to condescend those close to us, as they have done magnificently to join us.

Yes they are twice the club:

Who has a modern stadium? Bolton

Who has a brand new PL-quality training ground? Bolton

Which club owns its ground and training ground? Bolton (Burnley sold their's to their directors)

Which club's stadium holds 30% more fans than the other's? Bolton

Which club's wage bill is more than twice the other club's? Bolton

Which club has spent the last decade in the Prem? Bolton

Which club has an offshore sugar daddy who foolishly shelled out £11m for Elmander? Bolton

Which club's entire squad was bought for less than £11m? Burnley

Which club pays its Manager £500K at most? Burnley

Which club paid its former Manager £1.5m? Bolton

On another track in this thread:

Here's an interesting thought considering Pompey's plight. Dave Nugent is probably one of Pompey's more saleable assets isn't he?

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bolton are about twice the club Burnley are.

You guys are missing the point here. One is an established Premier League club which is a PL set-up in all aspects. The other has ridden its luck into the PL, had its first half season adrenalin rush to be a princely 2 points above relegation and is facing gravitational pull exacerbated by spending its PL cash windfall repaying its directors debts.

True Philipl, i'd like to realign my thoughts to say that the government probably want to wrestle control of the club away from these current dodgy owners, and set an example to any other owners on what is acceptable and unacceptable business practices.

No, you are mistaking stage in development with 'size' of club.

The points you make are worth sod all, I think Burnley are just as good a club as Bolton, and they certainly look a better team.

The Dingles are a half a season team, and are in free fall at the moment. Notlob with Megson, were bound to end in disaster.

At last sanity is returning to the Prem- clubs are standing off from showing a cash interest in Pompey players. Anyone who pays more than £1m for David Nugent are likely to get him this January as that is the transfer price Burnley agreed but are not able to exercise at the moment. However, like other Pompey players, Nugent is on utterly daft wages- another reason why Prem clubs have looked and backed off.

At this moment, Pompey are looking utterly screwed. They need £6m CASH to pay the tax man and lift the transfer ban. Under normal transfer sale terms, that means raising £24m in transfer fees and I doubt their entire January first team would raise that much at the moment. The five players in Angola are untransferrable because they cannot do the sorts of rigorous pre-signing tests Prem clubs now put players through which typically last several hours and use a vast array of equipment which Prem clubs have at their training grounds and are unlikely to be in the camps at the ACN.

The Dingles are a half a season team, and are in free fall at the moment. Notlob with Megson, were bound to end in disaster.

What a peculiar thing to say, considering Burnley are only a point behind us and Bolton three points with two games in hand.

Looking at the FA Cup results today most of the premiership teams have got through, and there hasn't really been any upsets. Perhaps this'll leave us a bit fresher than our relegation rivals as the season wares on, but at the moment it's rather disheartening being one of only a few premier league clubs out of the competition.

Everton made hard work out of Carlisle before finally winning 3-1, whilst Wigan have picked up a convincing 4-1 win over Hull. I wonder whether that's a one off or a strong indication of the two team's league survival chances?

Only other result of note is Preston's 7-0 win over Colchester.

No, you are mistaking stage in development with 'size' of club.

The points you make are worth sod all, I think Burnley are just as good a club as Bolton, and they certainly look a better team.

Well you are wrong Shillito. I said when they were promoted that Flood and Kilby would have first take on any Prem money. The club was on very thin ice financially and were rescued by promotion to the Prem. Goodness knows where they would have been without it but Flood AND Kilby have invested heavily in the club in the past and the Prem windfall was their only chance of grabbing that back... no doubt with some well deserved interest too. ;)

Paying creditors back is why the players are still on half way house money and thats why they will not attract any new ones of sufficient quality. With only meagre funding it really is a one way ticket for them now and I'm sure that Coyle knows it.

On top of all that the infrastructure at Bolton and the infrastructure at Burnley will be poles apart.

Burnley are like a tree without roots.

Well you are wrong Shillito. I said when they were promoted that Flood and Kilby would have first take on any Prem money. The club was on very thin ice financially and were rescued by promotion to the Prem. Goodness knows where they would have been without it but Flood AND Kilby have invested heavily in the club in the past and the Prem windfall was their only chance of grabbing that back... no doubt with some well deserved interest too. ;)

Paying creditors back is why the players are still on half way house money and thats why they will not attract any new ones of sufficient quality. With only meagre funding it really is a one way ticket for them now and I'm sure that Coyle knows it.

On top of all that the infrastructure at Bolton and the infrastructure at Burnley will be poles apart.

Burnley are like a tree without roots.

It's funny how you write everything as 'matter of fact,' when in reality it's just what you think has probably happened?

I said Burnley were just as 'good' a club as Bolton, and look a better team. Nothing you have said had made me feel 'wrong.'

What a peculiar thing to say, considering Burnley are only a point behind us and Bolton three points with two games in hand.

Who had a flying start to the season? Us or Burnley? They are in free fall, and Bolton are all over the place, and no manager at the moment. Hardly a peculiar thing to say.

Yawn.

Do we have to constantly make these snide comments. I'm not happy with the form at the moment, but at the end of the day nobody else is playing THE SAME TEAM in a semi final midweek.

AND VILLA MADE MASS CHANGES TOO. Get over it.

People are mistaking Burnley having a 'flying start' with them having one or two early scalps. They've been pretty similar to us throughout the season, and consistently better than Bolton.

14 Burnley 20 -18 20

15 Wolves 20 -19 19

16 Wigan A 19 -23 19

17 West Ham 20 -9 18

18 Bolton W 18 -10 18

If Bolton carry on at a point a game over their two games in hand, they move above the dingles.

Could be an interesting FA Cup this season- Mancs out and Arsenal teetering.

Archived