BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Backroom

Fergie on the game today:

"I must admit, I didn't expect that performance. If you don't start and the other team does, you're always up against it. Leeds had a far bigger appetite than us for the game. You need a a bit of luck and they got it, but they deserved it because they played really well. The referee gave five minutes of injury time and that's an insult to the game, to the players out there."

The guy's a disgrace at times and should have the book thrown at him again, hiw he can complain when he got five miutes in a game with few stoppages is beyond me.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yawn.

Do we have to constantly make these snide comments. I'm not happy with the form at the moment, but at the end of the day nobody else is playing THE SAME TEAM in a semi final midweek.

AND VILLA MADE MASS CHANGES TOO. Get over it.

Very true. Harry Redknapp actually highlighted the fact in his post match comments. He said he only played their strongest team in the FA cup because they do not play a semi final match in midweek (actually mentioned our game).

Some people need to stop the constant moaning.

OK JOHN NO MOANING,,,,its great being out of the best cup comp in the world,best footy ive ever seen at ewood,its great being 3 points off the drop zone ,its great having the spitman and sam is a football genius...

sam for england after summer.

Fergie on the game today:

"I must admit, I didn't expect that performance. If you don't start and the other team does, you're always up against it. Leeds had a far bigger appetite than us for the game. You need a a bit of luck and they got it, but they deserved it because they played really well. The referee gave five minutes of injury time and that's an insult to the game, to the players out there."

The guy's a disgrace at times and should have the book thrown at him again, hiw he can complain when he got five miutes in a game with few stoppages is beyond me.

Yeah, it beggars belief! :lol:

I love how he opened by saying Leeds deserved the win, then stated how Leeds rode their luck (and United didn't!?) and the lack of injury time (despite playing FIVE minutes when there was few stoppages). But hey, at least he's consistent.

OK JOHN NO MOANING,,,,its great being out of the best cup comp in the world,best footy ive ever seen at ewood,its great being 3 points off the drop zone ,its great having the spitman and sam is a football genius...

I am not entirely happy with the way things are going on either, but no need to overexaggerate how bad our situation is (of course it is natural to be concerned). The league is very tight for all the clubs in the bottom half, we are not the only ones needing to be worried.

On the FA cup, clearly Tuesday is the priority.

Also not everything is Sam's fault, granted he has made mistakes. It might occur to you that due to financial constraints, managing Rovers is pretty difficult.

I am not entirely happy with the way things are going on either, but no need to overexaggerate how bad our situation is (of course it is natural to be concerned). The league is very tight for all the clubs in the bottom half, we are not the only ones needing to be worried.

On the FA cup, clearly Tuesday is the priority.

Also not everything is Sam's fault, granted he has made mistakes. It might occur to you that due to financial constraints, managing Rovers is pretty difficult.

Spot on John

If waggy was a manc he would be calling for Fergies head - afterall they lost 3-0 at Fulham & are out of the cup too, but to a lower team.

I agree with this. Sam came into a team that had been, or was in process of being, stripped of its quality. He was given precious little in the way of rebuilding funds (the 3 million the Trust gave Ince would be very welcome right about now). Sam's in the process of rebuilding the squad, one piece at a time. And though not all of his signings have been perfect, most have been decent enough and look to be even better in the future.

Assuming we stay up, this summer will be critical as Sam will have a lot more flexibility with the wage bill. I think he'll get more right than wrong and 2010-2011 will be a good year for the Rovers.

• Backroom

Arsenal back level, as it stands only Chelsea of the big 4 are definitely through, a few teams will fancy their chances in this cup I think.

Assuming we stay up, this summer will be critical as Sam will have a lot more flexibility with the wage bill. I think he'll get more right than wrong and 2010-2011 will be a good year for the Rovers.

Hope you're right but I'm certain we were saying exactly the same thing 12 months ago about this season.

And that was before selling 27m quids worth of players.

A headed goal's a bit of a collectors item for Arsenal these days!

Think I may stick a fiver on City for the cup

I wouldn't. After today nothing's more certain than United to get to the final of the League Cup - particularly with it coming so soon.

• Backroom

I meant the FA cup Jisty

Burnley potentially away against Liverpool next round

And Villa got Brighton at home, one of the best draws of the lot

Anybody else watch the red rats v Leeds game ? I was mightily inpressed with Leeds. Workrate, effort, commitment, organizational nous, you name it they had it. United weren't bad either but Leeds rode their luck and deserved their win.

I've watched two lower league teams this weekend, Reading v Liverpool and Leeds and they've played more football in a game than Rovers have all season.

Simon Grayson was one of the worst players I've ever seen at Ewood ( thank you Kiddo ) but his team were very impressive today, just watch our chums step in when Coyle goes to Bolton.

Not sure about Grayson replacing Coyle. Both Burnley and Leeds will be in the Championship next season but Leeds will be the ones on the up. Could be a repeat of Man City a few years back.

It'd be the wrong move for him (IMHO).

Aside from that, yes, I saw the game. Okay, it was a one-off cup match (probably a cup final in all honesty for some Leeds players) but I couldn't help but think that Rovers have better players than Leeds but not as motivated. I guess it's the confidence thing again though. Leeds will feel unbeatable right now.

Anybody else watch the red rats v Leeds game ? I was mightily inpressed with Leeds. Workrate, effort, commitment, organizational nous, you name it they had it. United weren't bad either but Leeds rode their luck and deserved their win.

I've watched two lower league teams this weekend, Reading v Liverpool and Leeds and they've played more football in a game than Rovers have all season.

And United could have easily been 3-0 down (Beckford miss, Snodgrass hitting the woodwork).

I also noticed Clive Tyldesley make another sly remark about Leeds' player (forgot his name) because he's Australian, which he also did before in the last round. Something on your mind, Clive?

Not sure about Grayson replacing Coyle. Both Burnley and Leeds will be in the Championship next season but Leeds will be the ones on the up. Could be a repeat of Man City a few years back.

It'd be the wrong move for him (IMHO).

Aside from that, yes, I saw the game. Okay, it was a one-off cup match (probably a cup final in all honesty for some Leeds players) but I couldn't help but think that Rovers have better players than Leeds but not as motivated. I guess it's the confidence thing again though. Leeds will feel unbeatable right now.

Of course we've got better players , so have the red rats but Leeds wanted it more today. When did we last go anywhere and show that level of commitment ?

Best cup comp in the world!! You are having a laugh Abbey surely? Either that or you are victim to the gushing media hype. It used to be best I grant you but apart from Pompey fluking it the winner has come from the top 4 ever since Everton won it in 94! It's a boring long-winded procession and I'm not unduly bothered that we are out of it. It'll save me time and money. My earliest memories from the 60's were of the FA cup being more special than the bread and butter of the league. I think in 11 or so years from Wolves in 60 to Arsenal in 71 no fewer than 10 teams won it! Nowadays the FA cup is just another casualty of the footballing evil that is the Champions league as far as I am concerned. Great.

Of course we've got better players , so have the red rats but Leeds wanted it more today. When did we last go anywhere and show that level of commitment ?

My nail and your hammer, Tyrone. So to speak!

That stupid bgugger Jo's spewed it at Everton by going awol to Brazil. Like most brazilian players he's obviously indisciplined which is just about Ok unless you are crap to boot and then it's unforgivable. Jo is crap, and he's nicely given Moyes a valid reason to send him back and no doubt clear the way for a better signing.

Archived