BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not really Premier League, as much as football, but Shearer is interested in the Wednesday job.

He must have come off his high-horse, from rejecting us, to be publicly admitting interest through his media buddies, for less illustrious jobs such as this and Southampton previously.

The FA cup is the most famous...but the best cup competition?

Its usually one of the big 4 that win it, just like nodrog said. The early rounds with the shocks are great, but later on it becomes the usual suspects.

Arsenals year I think.....aslong as Wenger takes it seriously.

Arsenal to do the double? Depends if Chelsea falter during January.

Incidentally, is this the first time we have reached 4 January and there have yet to be done deals in the Prem?

I think everyone has double reasons to hold back- City and Chelsea have money to burn so any player with any pretensions is going to hold back hoping they get snapped up and the selling club will be equally waiting for a call. At the other end, everyone knows there are players on silly wages at West Ham and Pompey who have got to be got rid of so clubs are waiting for panic to drive down wages and transfer fees.

Interesting news that the premier league are not going to give the £7m TV money to Pompey but are going to give the money to the clubs that they owe transfer fees to instead.

Surely that money is what they are currently borrowing against, bank loans will become very difficult to get if they arent getting any of that money.

Interesting news that the premier league are not going to give the £7m TV money to Pompey but are going to give the money to the clubs that they owe transfer fees to instead.

Surely that money is what they are currently borrowing against, bank loans will become very difficult to get if they arent getting any of that money.

It has to be a matter of time surely before the either have to sell more or less any 'star' players or go bust. 3 short term loans, unpaid transfers....soon to hopefully be parachute payment rather than premier league TV money

They're in trouble Hughesy. I would imagine the latest loan to pay the players wages would have been borrowed against the expected £7m payment from the league. They must have been expecting that money and I'm sure not getting any of it will be a huge blow for them.

Didn't know the premier league had powers to not give them the money but according to the BBC they do. They are going to give the money to Spurs, Chelsea and Watford.

Brilliant!!

It has to be a matter of time surely before the either have to sell more or less any 'star' players or go bust. 3 short term loans, unpaid transfers....soon to hopefully be parachute payment rather than premier league TV money

Who would own the 'title' of a player from a club who hasnt been paid??

Surely if the players previous club hasnt been paid, then Pompey cant get money for selling him!!

The logic will be that they have more time to sell and get down their wage bill. To be completely honest, despite being near certs for the drop they do have some decent players so I think they have an okay chance of righting the ship over the summer. Probably a long long stint awaits in the lower leagues though.

What the hell is this guy who bough them all about? Why did he do it if he doesn't have any cash?

The logic will be that they have more time to sell and get down their wage bill. To be completely honest, despite being near certs for the drop they do have some decent players so I think they have an okay chance of righting the ship over the summer. Probably a long long stint awaits in the lower leagues though.

What the hell is this guy who bough them all about? Why did he do it if he doesn't have any cash?

More interestingly - why did anyone let him?

They're in trouble Hughesy. I would imagine the latest loan to pay the players wages would have been borrowed against the expected £7m payment from the league. They must have been expecting that money and I'm sure not getting any of it will be a huge blow for them.

I thought this was flagged up as a likely plan a month or two ago? If so I presume Portsmouth were would be well aware it would happen.

I thought this was flagged up as a likely plan a month or two ago? If so I presume Portsmouth were would be well aware it would happen.

Yeah it was in the press a few week ago - so they must of been aware of it...

Still cant help them though.

Who would own the 'title' of a player from a club who hasnt been paid??

Surely if the players previous club hasnt been paid, then Pompey cant get money for selling him!!

You are completely right.

I think I read that the Chairman of Lens stated that they havent received dued payments of both Aruna Dindane and Nadir Belhadj. With Portsmouth in deep financial trouble a sale of these two are almost impossible to avoid, but instead of getting the money for them the payments will go directly to Lens.

Ah, didn't know it had been previously mooted as a possibility. Last I ehard was that Portsmouth were awaiting the latest payment of the TV money and then they'd be on a slightly better financial ground.

First I read about the money being paid to the owed clubs was today.

Ah, didn't know it had been previously mooted as a possibility. Last I ehard was that Portsmouth were awaiting the latest payment of the TV money and then they'd be on a slightly better financial ground.

First I read about the money being paid to the owed clubs was today.

It's the tax man who is going to cause them the real problems though. They owe a load of unpaid taxes and whilst you can do a deal with other clubs and pay what you can when you can the taxman can't be fobbed off. If they don't pay him then they will be eventually wound up. If the premier league pays the other clubs for the players then Portsmouth will still have to sell them to appease the Inland Revenue.

City United game tomorrow night already called off.

Fair do's..... Most United fans have a long way to travel!

Apparently City's computerised turnstile system has frozen and they don't know how to repair it.

Simple switch it off and then on again! :tu:

It's the tax man who is going to cause them the real problems though. They owe a load of unpaid taxes and whilst you can do a deal with other clubs and pay what you can when you can the taxman can't be fobbed off. If they don't pay him then they will be eventually wound up. If the premier league pays the other clubs for the players then Portsmouth will still have to sell them to appease the Inland Revenue.

They are trying to sell Kaboul to Lyon for about £6m, which could be massive for them.

Archived