BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think he is on the bench, Tuncay has been the player that was causing Fulham problems until he had to go off injured, replaced by Fuller.

The last player we need to see here at Ewood park is James useles Beattie. He Beattie was doing an excellent job at Stoke for us looks like Pullis has found him out and now their results are improving.

I don't want Fulham continuing their second half form into our game!

I wouldn't worry Philip, they've got Pompey at home before we play them. That'll knock the wind out of their sales.

Wait, hang on...

Transfer window going to kick in soon??

Fulham - Zamora suspected dislocated collar bone

Birmingham - made an official bid for Ryan Babel

Liverpool - Agent of Maxi Rodrigues claims move is almost done. Dossena also close to signing for Napoli

City - Viera wanted, and could be on his way!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hull_city/8441230.stm

Not a particularly optimistic article if you're a Hull fan...

[/quote

The wage bill at Hull is 8M to 9M and that's too much?????? I'm absolutely flabbergasted! Isn't our's 45M? Or is it 32+M? No way are we getting 4 or 5 times the value from our squad. Shows how much the players have failed to live up to their wages, how much its got out of control and how much deadwood is around the club. We need an early spring clean and this club could be leaner and stronger at the same time. Just make the right decisions Sam!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hull_city/8441230.stm

Not a particularly optimistic article if you're a Hull fan...

[/quote

The wage bill at Hull is 8M to 9M and that's too much?????? I'm absolutely flabbergasted! Isn't our's 45M? Or is it 32+M? No way are we getting 4 or 5 times the value from our squad. Shows how much the players have failed to live up to their wages, how much its got out of control and how much deadwood is around the club. We need an early spring clean and this club could be leaner and stronger at the same time. Just make the right decisions Sam!

No our wage bill is 35,564,233 exactly. I know because I'm a fan.

That Hull story is wrong- they probably missed a 3 or a 4 in front of the £8 or 9m wage bill. Either that or they have found a way of not paying Jimmy Bullard! It looks like Paul Duffen completely screwed up running that club.

Some mind-boggling stories around this morning-

Arsenal almost certainly going to buy a forward because Bendtner needs another groin op.

Liverpool have to sell players to raise at least £10m and reduce wages and the only money for incomings is for Maxi Rodriguez and loan deals!

My favourite is in the Scottish Herald which reports that Celtic are favourites to sign Preston's Sean St Ledger (sic). :lol:

Some mind-boggling stories around this morning-

Arsenal almost certainly going to buy a forward because Bendtner needs another groin op.

Liverpool have to sell players to raise at least £10m and reduce wages and the only money for incomings is for Maxi Rodriguez and loan deals!

My favourite is in the Scottish Herald which reports that Celtic are favourites to sign Preston's Sean St Ledger (sic). :lol:

Arsenal were always going to dip into the market for a forward. If they get that particular move right then they should make it a three club battle for the title.

St.Ledger IMO is a very decent centre half - pitty we don't have the room/money for him.

The likes of David James, Younes Kaboul and John Utaka have all be linked with moves elsewhere, while the general consensus appears to be that every player has his price.

Avram Grant will also be barred from adding to his squad over the coming weeks as Pompey work under a transfer embargo.

However, the Israeli tactician has been handed a welcome boost with the news that club captain Mokoena has no intention of jumping ship and is ready to give his all in the club's Premier League relegation battle.

I AM SO HAPPY THAT I AM NOT A PORTSMOUTH FAN !

Arsenal v Bolton has just been called off because of heavy snow. Quite late notice.

You'd be rather naffed off had we already past Birmingham on the way to a game for it to be called off.

That said, it isn't as late as Fulham called theirs off last season.

Archived