BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Michael Owen Getting Desperate

If he is prepared to slash his wage demands then Rovers should go in for him, yes he has had injury problems but I feel sure that Sam would be able to get the best out of him.

I honestly don't think that he has much to offer Kamy. If he was any good somebody would already have snapped him up. If he only gets a move by taking a huge dive in remuneration then he will become de-motivated. He'd rather mess about with the horses anyway.

If he is prepared to slash his wage demands then Rovers should go in for him, yes he has had injury problems but I feel sure that Sam would be able to get the best out of him.

That is sad. He has nothing to offer us. I would hesistate to pay him 30 k a week, and there is no wayhe is going to take that!

For the market we are in, he would be a great signing.

- Sam's track record for getting the best out of ageing, out of form players

- Blackburn Rovers world wide exposure

- Potentially another England international among Rovers ranks if he can get his confidence and focus back

- Guaranteed increase in demand for this season's awful shirts

Offer him a 2 year deal on terms which match our resources with some fantastic bonuses for performances and goals.

You know it makes sense.

Owen's best days are well behind him. He's had a horror 3 years or so at Newcastle. I know he's been injured a lot (and thats a good reason not to sign him) but when he has played he hasn't posed much of a threat . He makes a complete pig's ear of chances he would once have gobbled up.

Just a big name now, exactly right for Newcastle and any other mug team.

For the market we are in, he would be a great signing.

- Sam's track record for getting the best out of ageing, out of form players

- Blackburn Rovers world wide exposure

- Potentially another England international among Rovers ranks if he can get his confidence and focus back

- Guaranteed increase in demand for this season's awful shirts

Offer him a 2 year deal on terms which match our resources with some fantastic bonuses for performances and goals.

You know it makes sense.

For a guy with his injury record the terms we could offer him would be less than half of what he currently gets paid. I'm sure he won't take that.

For a guy with his injury record the terms we could offer him would be less than half of what he currently gets paid. I'm sure he won't take that.

If he remains unsigned, he´s going to have to accept that if he wants a job.

Unless he goes abroad to someone who has more money than brains.

If he remains unsigned, he´s going to have to accept that if he wants a job.

Unless he goes abroad to someone who has more money than brains.

Someone will rustle up the cash and give it a go. I'm sure he will eventually end up on 60k plus. I can see the likes of Spurs or Villa having a crack.

• Backroom

Owen makes about as much impact as a sponge. His major asset has always been pace, and now that injuries have taken his pace away he's not even half the player he was before. He'd have to be willing to take a very low pay packet before I'd want him using our treatment table.

Owen makes about as much impact as a sponge. His major asset has always been pace, and now that injuries have taken his pace away he's not even half the player he was before. He'd have to be willing to take a very low pay packet before I'd want him using our treatment table.

You might well be right. But he's been written off before.

He'll be playing his football somewhere next season so we shall soon see.

• Backroom
You might well be right. But he's been written off before.

He'll be playing his football somewhere next season so we shall soon see.

Surely the disaster of a season he just had for Newcastle proves people were right to write him off?

Shearer promised he'd have faith in Owen, then swiftly dropped him in favour of Viduka. Says enough I think.

Surely the disaster of a season he just had for Newcastle proves people were right to write him off?

Shearer promised he'd have faith in Owen, then swiftly dropped him in favour of Viduka. Says enough I think.

NO-ONE has come out of Newcastle's season with any kind of credit. I don't think him going there was anything other than a mistake. Don't Newcastle have a history of wrecking players' fitness?

Having said that I can't think of many players who've prospered since leaving? Parker, Dyer, possibly?

I just think it's entirely possible Owen could leave and go somewhere like Fulham or Portsmouth and start banging the goals in again and we'll be thinking we had a realistic chance of signing him.

The sun and alcohol I've has today could well be a factor though!

I think he would be a great signing even if he plays just half the games next season.

He would boost the profile of the club and would be our own little galactico! He is one of the most famous players in thw world.

I'm also sure he would continue scoring goals at the same ratio as he has for the last few seasons at newcastle. Perfect for a 4/5 striker rotation system getting his 10 goals a season. If either him of Scholes plays for us next season I wont feel as bad for spending 200quid on a flight home to see blackburn. Ofcourse the flight will be booked last minute so he won't be injured....

Come on Kammy, hes not done that, showing a picture of himself getting injured on the front cover, come on :)

LOL didn't really spot that. Btw, is that John Curtis in the background on one of those photos?

I honestly don't think that he has much to offer Kamy. If he was any good somebody would already have snapped him up. If he only gets a move by taking a huge dive in remuneration then he will become de-motivated. He'd rather mess about with the horses anyway.

Thats pretty much how i see it too. Past his best and only interested in his wage to help add more funds to his horse projects.

If and only if we got him on a pay as you play it mightnt be the worst thing. He scored 9 goals in 20 appearances (some sub) until January, but hasn't scored since. Overall his league record at Newcastle is 58 (13): 26 which whilst not the best isnt too bad for a player available on a free. Certainly not a player beyond redemption but we can't pick him up on that high a wage, no chance.

Guest Kamy100

Still think that despite his problems Owen could be an asset providing he can stay fit, he will be motivated to do well so as to try and get into the England World Cup Squad (hopefully they will now qualify).

Sky Sports reporting that Carlos Tevez's people have confirmed that they will begin negotiations with Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea plus to foreign clubs (one Italian and one Spanish) tomorrow.

Archived