BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Wow!

Don't be so dismissive when you are proven wrong! I bet the fans of Stoke, Wolves and Everton will say a similarly underwhelmed 'wow' when they read that Di Santo's loan has been extended.....

..... In fact come to think about it that was my reaction too. :mellow:

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re-read my post and you will see I wasn't proven wrong!

It was actually an invitation for others to list what transfer action had taken place.

Which is massively uncerwhelming to date reenforcing my prediction that the start to this window would be unbelievably slow because at the top end everyone knows City and Chelsea are in the market and hoping they get lucky and everywhere else they are waiting for the nerve of Hull, Pompey and West Ham to crack on prices and wage subsidies.

Re-read my post and you will see I wasn't proven wrong!

It was actually an invitation for others to list what transfer action had taken place.

Really?

Quote philipl "I am not joking when I say I know of the Di Santo loan extension but I am

struggling to think of any other completed loan or transfer deal anywhere in the Prem."

Where's the invitation then? :rolleyes:

Why do you hate being proven wrong so much? You should simply treat it as part of your learning curve.

Really?

Quote philipl "I am not joking when I say I know of the Di Santo loan extension but I am

struggling to think of any other completed loan or transfer deal anywhere in the Prem."

Why do you hate being proven wrong so much? You should simply treat it as part of your learning curve.

Shut up Theno. The bit you quoted (while not an ACTUAL invite) IMPLIES the invitation. I know I'm pedantic about stupid things but Jesus H!!!

Really?

Pot, meet kettle....

What has Ryan Babel ever done to be worth £6m to a PL team?

If he played for us we'd be looking to release him on a free.

He still looks a decent player, he has plenty of pace & given a regular run could do well.

He usually makes the Holland squad too and they are not usually bad judges of talent!

He hasn't always played in midfield for Liverpool. He arrived there as a £10m centre forward, and was that poor in that position they've ended up playing him on the wing. When Gerrard and Torres don't play or don't perform Liverpool have absolutely nothing going forward due to Benitez's penchant for playing the likes of Kuyt and Riera out wide, both of which are completely devoid of any skill or creativity. They have nothing in the wide positions, hence the over-reliance on wondergoals from Gerrard and Torres.

Kuyt has a decent finish on him, but 32 goals in 124 games from a failed centre forward is nothing to be lauded.

He hasn't always played in midfield for Liverpool. He arrived there as a £10m centre forward, and was that poor in that position they've ended up playing him on the wing. When Gerrard and Torres don't play or don't perform Liverpool have absolutely nothing going forward due to Benitez's penchant for playing the likes of Kuyt and Riera out wide, both of which are completely devoid of any skill or creativity. They have nothing in the wide positions, hence the over-reliance on wondergoals from Gerrard and Torres.

Kuyt has a decent finish on him, but 32 goals in 124 games from a failed centre forward is nothing to be lauded.

Have to disagree, ask any prem manager and any Liverpool player who the most underated player in the prem is and 99% will say Kuyt, I really would love him here,but we will never get him, Benetez says he's one of the first names on the teamsheet!!

Pompey's one man credibility self-destruction

By all means bullshit about not having to sell to try to harden the market for your players, but at least pay the overdue wages first.

As for Kuyt, it might be an indictment of the current Liverpool but they are a better side when he is playing than they are when he is not irrespective of whatever hairbrained idea of positioning Rafa comes up with playing him in.

Pompey's one man credibility self-destruction

By all means bullshit about not having to sell to try to harden the market for your players, but at least pay the overdue wages first.

To be fair this bloke Jacob said last night the wages would be paid this morning and they have been.

Whether or not the rest of his boasts about Pompey's woes being over come to fruition remain to be seen.

The rest of that article seems to predate the recent developments.

Is there any chance you could enlighten me on the Pompey situation. I know they had knew Arab owners, but then they got sold straight away to Sheikh Fahim I think. Why so quickly, and why did he buy them when he has no money?

Sorry if I am being a bit stupid but I'm just baffled by the whole situation.

Many thanks in advance.

P.S. Philipl you're PM Inbox is full :brfcsmilie:

Is there any chance you could enlighten me on the Pompey situation. I know they had knew Arab owners, but then they got sold straight away to Sheikh Fahim I think. Why so quickly, and why did he buy them when he has no money?

Sorry if I am being a bit stupid but I'm just baffled by the whole situation.

Many thanks in advance.

P.S. Philipl you're PM Inbox is full :brfcsmilie:

And how on earth did the FA sanction TWO takeovers by owners without two pennies to rub together?

Archived