BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Shut up Theno. The bit you quoted (while not an ACTUAL invite) IMPLIES the invitation. I know I'm pedantic about stupid things but Jesus H!!!

Why are you defending the indefensible? philipl was dismissive anbd sarky without provocation. There's only one person who hates being proven wrong more than philipl and thats our resident journo.

Awful signing if true - preparing for the Championship?!

Mick Brown might answer with the name James Beattie.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brum have signed Michel for £3m

Viera deal to be complete today

Shows how small fry Rangers are compared to prem teams - In a bid to keep striker Kris Boyd at Ibrox, Rangers are promising to make him one of their best-paid players - on a salary of £18,000 a week. Boyd has been linked with moves to Birmingham and Middlesbrough.

Why are you defending the indefensible? philipl was dismissive anbd sarky without provocation. There's only one person who hates being proven wrong more than philipl and thats our resident journo.

:lol:

Oh ye of thin skin!

Prefacing something with "as far as I am aware" is surely an open invitation to be corrected? Which I was and was happy to be so.

Big Freeze is kicking in -

Fulham v Pompey off

Liverpool have recomended their game be called off too.

Meanwhile - SSN - 11.52 Liverpool defender Andrea Dossena has completed his move to Napoli after a difficult spell at Anfield. He joins the Italian side on a deal until 2014

Get in there with a bid for Joe Ledley, he'd be perfect for us!

Why Joe Ledley - he is a midfielder. Ironically they also have an ex-rovers player in Bothroyd, who since leaving Rovers has started scoring more Chopra is also doing well scoring goals.

Freebie in 5 months....

We'd have absolute no chance on a free, far too much competition. We may just have a chance if we sneak in first, and he'd fit in with the 'home grown' thing too.

Why Joe Ledley - he is a midfielder.

Exactly! A left winger or central midfielder. We can't create anything, he would definitely help solve that.

Wolves made a bid for Stephen Hunt and has been turned down.

Phil Brown set to give 18 yr old Tom Cairney his Premier League debut against Chelsea tomorrow - live on Sky. I'm interested to see how he gets on, as he looks a real prospect. Nick Barmby has taken him under his wing and taught him a thing or two.

So we put in a bid now - and Cardiff (who are skint) wont go public? Or his agent? :blink:

Cant see it can you!??

I didn't mean it like that, I just meant more clubs will be interested when he's on a free, especially as the bigger clubs will want to increase their home grown quota.

So we put in a bid now - and Cardiff (who are skint) wont go public? Or his agent? :blink:

Cant see it can you!??

So we don't put a bid in because it will go public? Why bother bidding for any player then?

If you don't take a risk, and as Le Chuck rightly says we have no chance of getting him when he becomes free, you don't get the reward.

Table an offer and if it doesn't work out then we have lost nothing.

Sunderland Vs Bolton called off as well, how games have Bolton got in hand now

2 on most...3 on some if games go ahead - 1 being Arsenal away.

It will be typical of our luck - all games will get cancelled, we will then end up playing monday night whilst Villa have had 2 weeks off!

& Modes - Im saying we bid now and we will simply be outbid - he's going to Everton. The only way is to try and negotiate a pre-contract with him now and keep it quiet until its done....

& Modes - Im saying we bid now and we will simply be outbid - he's going to Everton. The only way is to try and negotiate a pre-contract with him now and keep it quiet until its done....

Not at all - making an approach now and being decisive - while others may be trying to negotiate - could be enough to make the player feel wanted sufficiently that he makes the move. It wouldnt be the first time.

But why would the player or his agent keep pre-contract negotiations secret? They are trying to get the most money they can. As T4E says a bid will make him feel vauled and wanted.

Freebie in 5 months....

Viera on a free - is an awesome bit of business!

I think the Vieira signing is a bit short sighted. Mourinho wouldn't have sold him if he could still cut it at the highest level.

Also City have De Jong who is an awesome ball winning midfielder, plus the likes of Barry, Kompany etc.

I'll be suprised if he makes much of an impact this season.

Archived