BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody mentioned Babel a page or two back. He is without doubt one of the worst value for money transfers I can ever recall. He cost, what, £10m? Yet I'd go as far as to say that he'd struggle to make an impact at any team in this league. He has done nothing for Liverpool and has looked equally poor out wide and up front.

Kuyt on the hand is neve going to be a star player, but he the type of player every team needs - hard working, a decent finisher, with decent technical ability and somebody who has a nack of popping up and scoring important goals.

Viera is a good piece of business. However, it will be interesting to see what happens to De Jong and Kompany who both play the same role as Viera does in a team. The former cost £18m and the latter has just signed a new contract at the club.

He's not worth 3 million. Overpriced just cause he is British and a hard worker.

No technique or talent. Poor man's Robbie Savage and that's saying alot.

A) Hunt is worth at least £3 million when you look at how many points he has earned them this season. And, B.) Hunt is ###### IRISH :angry2:

100K A WEEK, 6 month loan, with the option to extend it for a further 12 months :tu:

I don't think it's a loan because his contract was up at the end of the season. I think it's the contract that is 6 months with an option to extend it by 12.

The part that I find most interesting is that despite having a new foreign coach in at the richest club on the planet, they still sign a 33 year old on a massive wage as their first piece of business :unsure:

Looks like City for all their dosh still lack a hell of a lot of pulling power :)

The part that I find most interesting is that despite having a new foreign coach in at the richest club on the planet, they still sign a 33 year old on a massive wage as their first piece of business :unsure:

Looks like City for all their dosh still lack a hell of a lot of pulling power :)

There's just no stability is there. How many midfielders do they have in their squad, all capable of doing a fine job yet they insist on signing more and more players.

There's just no stability is there. How many midfielders do they have in their squad, all capable of doing a fine job yet they insist on signing more and more players.

Let's hope that lack of sense has an adverse impact on ManC's performance on Monday.

He's not worth 3 million. Overpriced just cause he is British and a hard worker.

No technique or talent. Poor man's Robbie Savage and that's saying alot.

He's Hull City's leading goalscorer and also has the most assists this season for the club. Of course he'd go for more than £3million.

Also, I know a lot of people on here talk about clubs getting new owners (i.e. Pompey twice) before anyone shows an interest in buying Rovers. Adam Pearson today states in the Hull Daily Mail that potential investors have shown an interest in Hull City, but believes none will be investing until the summer when they know which league the club will be in.

Maybe that is the reason for no interest in Rovers? investors maybe seeing it as a club that would need a lot of money again to be back at the top end of the table?

He's Hull City's leading goalscorer and also has the most assists this season for the club. Of course he'd go for more than £3million.

Also, I know a lot of people on here talk about clubs getting new owners (i.e. Pompey twice) before anyone shows an interest in buying Rovers. Adam Pearson today states in the Hull Daily Mail that potential investors have shown an interest in Hull City, but believes none will be investing until the summer when they know which league the club will be in.

Maybe that is the reason for no interest in Rovers? investors maybe seeing it as a club that would need a lot of money again to be back at the top end of the table?

Although we would actually have LESS costs wouldn't we? We have one of the lower wage budgets in the league and otherwise pay a LOT less for the same things that other clubs pay more for, surely?

Adam Pearson today states in the Hull Daily Mail that potential investors have shown an interest in Hull City, but believes none will be investing until the summer when they know which league the club will be in.

I'm sure he was quoted in an article on the internet about a week ago when he said the level of their debt meant he thought it would be unlikely they would find a buyer.

I'm sure he was quoted in an article on the internet about a week ago when he said the level of their debt meant he thought it would be unlikely they would find a buyer.

He said the club is not saleable at this moment in time. He admitted in the Hull Daily Mail article today that he said that in frustration at the job he's trying to do. Though he clarified what he meant by saying there is potential investors, but they won't come in just yet, it'll most likely be when they know if the club is in the Prem or in the CCC. Also stated he'll be trying to keep hold of the likes of Hunt and Zayatte as he only wants to sell the fringe players. Said his job is to get £8-9million off the wage bill, but there is no panic or rush to do so, if it doesn't happen in this window he's not bothered as he'll just carry on in the summer offloading fringe players.

doesn't sound as bad as Pompey, or even West Ham - don't they have to sell some first-teamers?

Arsenal couldn't play against Bolton, but they can play Everton? Is there something in that? Either Bolton buying time, whilst without a manager or Arsenal getting off playing a physical side? Or reading too much into it?

You're reading too much into it. We couldnt play against Villa but if there was a game today at Ewood it would be on.

Archived