BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No-one has come up with the asking price yet.

As I keep saying there are no artificially imposed barriers to any potential new owners coming in.

I recall Jack Walker in the onset stating clearly that provisions were made to prevent people buying the club and walking away leaving the club in limbo! I will look that up as I am sure I have that in a cutting from a Jack Walker interview!

I recall Jack Walker in the onset stating clearly that provisions were made to prevent people buying the club and walking away leaving the club in limbo! I will look that up as I am sure I have that in a cutting from a Jack Walker interview!

Bet you haven't. :)

Bet you haven't. :)

I will look when I get home from work, I do remember him saying its Ok putting money into a club and paying huge wages, but provisions must be made to ensure the existance of the club if ownership changes, thinking about it, it may have been the board who stipulated that and not Jack Walker, but it was most definately stated at the time!

Was Rob Coar Chairman at the time?

I will look when I get home from work, I do remember him saying its Ok putting money into a club and paying huge wages, but provisions must be made to ensure the existance of the club if ownership changes, thinking about it, it may have been the board who stipulated that and not Jack Walker, but it was most definately stated at the time!

Weren't those Jack Walker's quotes when he was explaining the setting up and reasoning behind trust fund?

JW saw the future for Rovers as a PLC - as far as I can remember Kelbo.

Weren't those Jack Walker's quotes when he was explaining the setting up and reasoning behind trust fund?

I think you're right Den I vaguely remember when Jack very first took over he said something along the lines of the club having to be "sound" i.e. not left in the mire when something happened to him.

By this I presume he meant the setting up of the Trust and Trust fund.

In my opinion I doubt he ever envisaged either that

a) Players wages would rise to quite such ridiculous levels

but by the same token

b ) Or that the Trust would ever decide to withdraw funding completely.

I certainly don't think he was referring to blocking potentially unsuitable future owners.

;)

No, my Dad was a P.O.W. on the Burma death railway for three and a half years and if it wasn't for the intervention of the American's, he probably wouldn't have lived, and I wouldn't be here now.

Savage, I take my hat off to your old man for making it through that hell hole.

Just been on SSN Hicks Jr. has resigned.

The pressure of the whinging scousers must be really getting to them.

Well what do they expect really? Would any Rovers fan be happy if we got sold with promises of big changes and funds, only to be let down and have the future of our club in question?

Funniest part of all is the chap who sent in the letter is a member of the group that displays banners outside the ground before match-days (& inside???) calling for them to go home. Of all the people to send that sort of reply too, they need no excuse to have a go at Gillet & Hicks.

But I just don't understand why he sent it? Surely he must have known it wouldn't be recieved well?

How stupid must Hicks Jnr be? If I was his father he'd not be called Junior anymore after his most recent display of intelligence.

If you took the name Manchester United off that set of accounts, you might get 1p for 100% of it.

You'll never beat Mr Bates buying Chelsea.

To be fair to Rothchilds all the interested parties are West Ham supporters.

I think Rovers should sack Rothschilds and appoint somebody else. After all this time they have shown they are not up to the task of finding Rovers a buyer.

I think Rovers should sack Rothschilds and appoint somebody else. After all this time they have shown they are not up to the task of finding Rovers a buyer.

You need to add..... 'who is/are better than the ones that we already have.'

The Walker years are not an easy act to follow pafell whereas even Del and Rod Trotter would be an improvement on the skint Icelanders.

My apologies to any of those who appreciate history or who can remember who their friends are at times other than when the sh*t has hit the fan:

Anyway most Americans are to scared to even set foot in Europe.

Funny - I remember us conquering the joint twice in a less than a 30-year period with SOME help from some geezers who gave us a nice base of operations and lots of broads. In fact, if my memory still serves me, there are all these places in Germany, Italy, England, etc.. where US Flags fly above installations that US Army soldiers and Marines call home and where US Air Force planes takeoff and land with some frequency.

What do they call it again? Ah yes, NATO. Otherwise known as John Wayne and the 27 dwarfs.

Remember Gordy - "under-sexed, under-paid, and under Eisenhower"

You need to add..... 'who is/are better than the ones that we already have.'

The Walker years are not an easy act to follow pafell whereas even Del and Rod Trotter would be an improvement on the skint Icelanders.

I do not know who is better, as it is not my field of work or knowledge. But I ask, how long have Rovers been up for sale? How many other clubs have been sold during that time.

The Walker Trust have been very very good for Rovers, that I would never take away from them. But that is some years ago. It is what is happening now that matters.

At the sametime, even the local folk of Blackburn - it appears - have given up on the town. They put the place down, rather than build it up. From a personal point of view, which I believe I have expressed in other posts, I would like the current owners to remain in place, BUT to support the club more with regards to cash, after all, they are the owners and are the onces who are responcible and accountable for the way Rovers as a club are. If the club is relegated, folds where does the blame lie? Supporters, players, manager, board? Somebody is responcible and has to be accountable.

Is there no local multi billion/ millionaires??

Do you know any?

Sullivan slams Premier League finances. One club certain to go bust.

Lens are recalling Dindane from his loan from Pompey because they can neither buy him nor or they paying for his wages on time.

Have Rovers pre-sold their tv money as sullivan is saying clubs have done.

Sol Campbell is poised to make a return to the Premier League according to SSN, Arsenal have said that Campbell will play for Arsenal's reserves tonight with a view to signing on a short term deal.

Madness - he must have something over Wenger......

Archived