BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Not halitosis. He has a tendency for lamping people whilst stark naked and dripping wet though. I guess that's the sort of reputation that would tend to be difficult to shake off. B)

LMAO, Spot on Zulu, Pulis is obviously completely mad, you can see in his interviews that he is always a few seconds from stuffing 2 pencil's up his nose and banging his undies on his head! :lol:

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd also have liked us to go for Zaki, I think Hull have done well there. A loan with the option of first refusal. The fact that he's gone to the KC is proof that he's desperate to revive his career and I think, with that kind of attitude, he could have been good for us.

I'd also have liked us to go for Zaki, I think Hull have done well there. A loan with the option of first refusal. The fact that he's gone to the KC is proof that he's desperate to revive his career and I think, with that kind of attitude, he could have been good for us.

Well The Times has us down as interested in Zaki this morning. Is Hughesy's grandad lunching at Northcote Manor today?

• Backroom

Liverpool denied a blatant penalty at Stoke and Lucas booked for a dive. Now Martin O Neill this was harsh not like your cheating Gabriel

Linesman bottled it, he could see it but just waited till the ref made a decision which seems to happen more often now even with throw ins

Liverpool denied a blatant penalty at Stoke and Lucas booked for a dive. Now Martin O Neill this was harsh not like your cheating Gabriel

Linesman bottled it, he could see it but just waited till the ref made a decision which seems to happen more often now even with throw ins

Lucas was already falling before the defender got to him, correct decision.

• Backroom

The defender didn't touch the ball but caught Lucas, penalty everytime. I don't care if Lucas was doing a backflip he fouled him

Liverpool lead, horrible horrible goalkeeping by Sorenson.

• Backroom

It raises an interesting point for me, if theres a bad challenge coming and a player jumps over the challenge but loses the ball surely thats still a foul, why should he have to risk injury to get the decision?

It's the defender at fault for the tackle so if the striker managers to somehow dodge the bad tackle it still deserves to be punished imo

It raises an interesting point for me, if theres a bad challenge coming and a player jumps over the challenge but loses the ball surely thats still a foul, why should he have to risk injury to get the decision?

It's the defender at fault for the tackle so if the striker managers to somehow dodge the bad tackle it still deserves to be punished imo

ISTR the rule mentions impeding the progress of a player being a foul. It doesn't mention contact.

Not seen the foul, though, so can't comment specifically!

• Backroom

They really are an average team without Gerrard and Torres I doubt any of the rest of them would get in the other big 4 teams apart from possibly Mascherano

• Backroom

Sunderland getting destroyed by Chelsea... they're only 2 points ahead of us despite the huge amounts of money they've thrown at their team. Proof that having a decent pot of cash isn't always the answer.

• Backroom

Exactly if results go our way we can go into tomorrows game knowing a win will elavate us even if we will have played a game extra, if results go against us today the pressure on tomorrow will be unbearable.

I think Sunderland's plight should put ours in a bit of context. They're going to be 2 points ahead of us when that game is doing despite being able to spend £15 million on one striker, and millions more on the rest of the team.

So while we are very much a mid-table team (based on points), we are a cost effective mid-table team. :brfcsmilie:

I wonder is anyone has done an analysis of the money per point on the table for each team? Which team gets the most bang for the buck. I suspect its Burnley. :wacko:

Archived