BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Twas ever thus. Anything else is a cheats charter.

btw ... Have you never heard the term 'hard but fair'?

Of course I have but curiously the tackle in question was neither particulary hard nor fair.

Nothing better than a full blooded crunching tackle but if you don't touch the ball and take out the man it's a clear foul.

Wigan got 3 points, we're 14th for the moment although out of the teams below us, Bolton still have 3 games in hand on us, Portsmouth and West Ham one.

Very good point for Hull at WHL.

You're right about Bolton breathing down our necks. All told though, I'd rather them chasing us then us chasing them.

And Bolton's schedule for the next three games includes Arsenal (twice) and Burnley (at Turf Moor). While I hate relying on other teams, Arsenal should beat Bolton both times, and the Burnley that played ManU away today should handle Bolton, especialy as they're at home and the crowd has an axe to grind (wrongly so in my opinion) with Coyle.

You're right about Bolton breathing down our necks. All told though, I'd rather them chasing us then us chasing them.

And Bolton's schedule for the next three games includes Arsenal (twice) and Burnley (at Turf Moor). While I hate relying on other teams, Arsenal should beat Bolton both times, and the Burnley that played ManU away today should handle Bolton, especialy as they're at home and the crowd has an axe to grind (wrongly so in my opinion) with Coyle.

I would rather have the points than the games in hand. Still, onwards and upwards!

Been thinking all season - how sh!t is Jensen for Dingles!? :lol::lol:

Seems silly to me referring to Burnley as the 'Dingles'at the present time.

*tin hat on* They are playing better than us, and unless there's a change in form/tactics/manager/pies there'll be the stink of relegation around Nuttall St.

Nothing better than a full blooded crunching tackle but if you don't touch the ball and take out the man it's a clear foul.

Thats not what you said.

This is what you said

It raises an interesting point for me, if theres a bad challenge coming and a player jumps over the challenge but loses the ball surely thats still a foul, why should he have to risk injury to get the decision?

It's the defender at fault for the tackle so if the striker managers to somehow dodge the bad tackle it still deserves to be punished imo

Of course that's your opinion, you're the one sickly fan every club has who is so bias even his fellow supporters think he's a prat.

Good at throwing insults around aren't you? Let's just have a reminder about the sort of person you are ... so that those fellow supporters can judge you properly ...

From Shillito to me:

"Listen you attention seeking little cretin, refrain from insults such as 'imbecile,' as my intelligence spans far wider than yours ever will.

Most people find you an annoying little c*nt around here, as I'm sure is the case in 'real' life.

Stop telling what do with regards to blocking you, and stop being a pretentious little (Please don't use that word again)wit."

• Backroom

2 different points chap, if someone goes in full blooded and takes out the ball and man its fine by me as in Salgado's challenges today.

However if he steams in and totally misses the ball and takes out the man its obviously a free kick, my point was if he misses the ball and is going to take out the man but he leaps over the challenge losing the ball in the process it should be a free kick. Obstrcution if you like.

I don't see your issue with it.

Good at throwing insults around aren't you? Let's just have a reminder about the sort of person you are ... so that those fellow supporters can judge you properly ...

At least you're doing all the work for me with regards to showing what kind of person you are. Keep it up Tris, the natural bitterness you seemingly possess is reaching new levels.

I'll have a discussion with you no problem, just do try and stay out of the ones I have with other people eh?

2 different points chap, if someone goes in full blooded and takes out the ball and man its fine by me as in Salgado's challenges today.

However if he steams in and totally misses the ball and takes out the man its obviously a free kick, my point was if he misses the ball and is going to take out the man but he leaps over the challenge losing the ball in the process it should be a free kick. Obstrcution if you like.

I don't see your issue with it.

Or dangerous play ?

Archived