SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From that article:

Redknapp discussing Van Nistelrooy:

"We don’t pay £100,000 a week - Daniel Levy would not pay that kind of money because he runs a good business and it would break our wage structure by an awful long way."

It is just me who thinks that's such a callous comment given the problems at Pompey.

It is ironic given the financial troubles at 'arry's three previous clubs where the Chairmen were yes men to 'arry's whims.

However, that line is directed at another Spurs target, not at his former clubs.

Beckford just scored twice against Spurs. The more I see him the more I think he may be able to cut it in the league. He does trouble defenders all day long.

Off to Everton me thinks.

Spurs have 2 players who id love on loan - Pavlechenko & Bentley

1811 GMT: Bolton boss Owen Coyle dismisses reports of an alleged training ground bust-up between goalkeeper Jussi Jaaskelainen and Phil Hughes, brought in from Burnley as goalkeeping coach to work alongside Jaaskelainen's long-time mentor Fred Barber.

"I've been to the training ground every day and I've not seen anything," Coyle told the Press Association.

Uncoyling already at Notlob?

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, nor in any of the papers, but when Man Utd were winning 1-0, Rio Ferdinand decided to karate chop Craig Fagan in the back of his head in an off the ball incident in the box and got away with it, and will probably get away without punishment... because he plays for one of the 'big 4'?

You can see it here;

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, nor in any of the papers, but when Man Utd were winning 1-0, Rio Ferdinand decided to karate chop Craig Fagan in the back of his head in an off the ball incident in the box and got away with it, and will probably get away without punishment... because he plays for one of the 'big 4'?

You can see it here;

He really should get done for that....... but having played a bit of football (many years ago) it's 50:50 that Fagan was nipping the back of his leg or tweeking Rio's gonads just before the camera got there. ;)

Just hope that ban stays in place for another full week! :lol:

Yeah, otherwise Ronaldo and Aguero will never go there.

Although I slated him for his ill advised drunken spout on SKY I would take him back in a moment.

At Ewood he had a role that suited him and us and for me he could easily be a hero again in our blue and white halves

I'd say that Bentley has more to his overall game than Aaron Lennon or SWP. He might not have their raw speed, but he's no slowpoke either. His vision and passing is fantastic and he's also better equipped for set-pieces. The problem, of course, for Bentley is realizing his potential and straightening out his motivation. I think it's testament to Mark Hughes & co that they were able to get the best out of him, like they did with Bellamy, Santa Cruz etc.

Bentley would be a fantastic signing....shame he probably wouldnt come back.

Im shocked nobody has attempted to sign him on loan or a permanent deal.

I'd be very surprised if people haven't enquired after him. But as always The potato people will be asking silly money for him.

You would have thought that given The potato kings comments about him that he'd want him out of the picture.

Yeah, otherwise Ronaldo and Aguero will never go there.

I'd say that Bentley has more to his overall game than Aaron Lennon or SWP. He might not have their raw speed, but he's no slowpoke either. His vision and passing is fantastic and he's also better equipped for set-pieces. The problem, of course, for Bentley is realizing his potential and straightening out his motivation. I think it's testament to Mark Hughes & co that they were able to get the best out of him, like they did with Bellamy, Santa Cruz etc.

The main attribute Bentley has, is that he can cross the ball in many times perfectly. Where as, Lennon and Wright-Phillips are not as accurate and very much hit and miss. When Bentley had Santa Cruz he had the perfect target man to aim at in the box, and with Spurs having Defoe, Keane and Pavleyuchenko they are not reall target men, meaning Bentley's main attribute is nullified.

Last night's unexpected ACN win for Algeria has interesting impacts on the PL- the Ivory Coast players are coming home pronto which is a huge boost for Chelsea. The Algerians are not which screws Pompey even more. Belhadj going nowhere except for an internal flight in Angola.

Rival Watch........

SSN - 11.40 Skysports.com understands Villarreal striker Marco Ruben has agreed a four-and-a-half year contract to join Wigan Athletic, with the transfer fee reported to be in the region of £7million.

SSN - 10.50 Bolton boss Owen Coyle has confirmed he expects to tie up deals for midfielders Vladimir Weiss and Stuart Holden later today

Archived