BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

I do feel if Pompey don't sell at least one or two of their better player, they could be heading up like palace.

I wonder if they'll cling on until they're relegated and then go into administration?

If they do, would they lose the points this season or start next season on -10 points?

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do feel if Pompey don't sell at least one or two of their better player, they could be heading up like palace.

I wonder if they'll cling on until they're relegated and then go into administration?

If they do, would they lose the points this season or start next season on -10 points?

They will start next season on -10.

Leeds tried that trick - they went in to administration early so their next season wouldn't be affected by the 10 point deduction. The FA were having none of it.

Would they be better biting the bullet and going into administration and getting relegated this season and start next season on 0 points or getting relegated and having to start next season on -10 points. Is there acut off point when the points come off this season and not next season?

Would they be better biting the bullet and going into administration and getting relegated this season and start next season on 0 points or getting relegated and having to start next season on -10 points. Is there acut off point when the points come off this season and not next season?

When it becomes obvious whether or not they would have been relegated anyway. I believe.

When it becomes obvious whether or not they would have been relegated anyway. I believe.

When is the cut off point? I know when leeds tried it they weren't actually mathematically relegated ( I think with their goal difference they had to win their last game by 17 goals or something like that) but still had the points deduction.

Harry will come out of this saying how their bids for Pompey's players saved the club - but he's nothing but a d!ck who can't keep his hands out the cookie jar.

Is there a player that 'Arry doesn't want?!

yes, unfortunately he doen't want Andrews, Roberts or Diouf!! <_<:lol:

I thought that Young fella at Big Club promised £40m for this months window.....whats happened there?

Could they hit that figure with the signings of Babbel & Pavlechencko maybe? Now spurs have confirmed they have turned down a bid for him....

Looks like Spurs could be busy over the next few days....2 players from Pompey with O'Hara and others going the other way, Pavlechencko & then West Ham want Bentley & Hutton

Maybe they could raise some cash by selling that c----ts bell.

I hear Magnier and McManus are rumoured to be sniffing around again.

They are definately shrewd investors and Rovers would be a much better option than Portsmouth.

When I say shrewd though, they are shrewd at making money for themselves. They sold United into £3/4 billion debt remember.

Came across an interesting post on a Pompey thread on another football forum by a Pompey fan talking about today and what he has heard that's going on behind the scenes:

"From what I have read today:

- Pompey failed to pay juicy (web servers for Portsmouth official website) so site was taken down, but has now been uploaded again now new payment plan has been agreed.

- Staff could not (translation: will not) be paid on time once again. This has virtually been confirmed from a source I know who works at the club.

- Daniel Azougy has been told by the owners to sell anyone who will fetch a fee. Peter Storrie and Avram Grant have no say and are powerless to stop him.

- Youth training facilities in Guernsey have been shut down as the club can't afford the £2,000-a-month running costs.

- Fans marquee shut down.

- Club can't afford to pay electric bill and minibus hire, so generators and busses have been repossessed.

- Worst of all, two additional creditors have attached themselves to the winding-up order.

Unless someone buys us NOW, we are going to die."

====

Sounds pretty grim if most of those rumours are true.

Archived