BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hull have made a bid for that Fortune who was on loan at West Brom (5 goals in 17 I think). They are also after Harewood - So cant really see Owen being a target.

Bolton - Set to sign Sean Davis it seems

Wolves - Have signed the Yank keeper - Hanneman (sp?) on a free as back-up keeper

This offering in Popbitch seemed a little out of place in a gossip newsletter but is worth passing on:

The ongoing Carlos Tevez saga doesn't appear

any closer to a conclusion this week. While

bookmakers predict a move to Chelsea, and

Carlo Ancelotti has indicated his desire for

it. we understand that this isn't likely. Chelsea

loathe Tevez' shady puppeteer, Kia Joorabchian.

Joorabchian is also the man pulling the strings

at Man City. Without his personal phone call

to Robinho on transfer deadline day last year

Chelsea are certain they'd have got their man.

There's been internal arguments over whether

the chance to put one over on Man Utd is

worth the pain of dealing with Joorabchian.

So far the view is that it probably isn't.

Rumours going around are that Hull will be taken over in the next couple of weeks hence the Michael Owen link mightn't be to outlandish. :angry2:

Where have you heard this ffan?

I know people have made enquiries last season, but that is all. I know a lot in the Far East are taking an interest in Hull City because of the links with the teams nickname being the Tigers and it being a sacred animal over that way.

As well as the club being in the Asia Cup this summer, it'd be a decent time for a Far East company to take over and rake in the cash with a few nifty marketing tactics.

As for Owen - I've seen him linked a few places, but mainly of fans of other clubs. People in Hull don't see it after he was rumoured last season to be joining because he parked his helicopter in Hymers private school a few times.

Where have you heard this ffan?

I know people have made enquiries last season, but that is all. I know a lot in the Far East are taking an interest in Hull City because of the links with the teams nickname being the Tigers and it being a sacred animal over that way.

As well as the club being in the Asia Cup this summer, it'd be a decent time for a Far East company to take over and rake in the cash with a few nifty marketing tactics.

As for Owen - I've seen him linked a few places, but mainly of fans of other clubs. People in Hull don't see it after he was rumoured last season to be joining because he parked his helicopter in Hymers private school a few times.

There were rumours on a Fulham board a few weeks back.

They also have absolutely no debt, so you can see why they would be attractive.

I wonder if someone could tell me the difference in the following scenario!!

West Hams paarent company go bust and there are no point deductions etc (Tevez affair again??)

Southamptons parent company go bust, 10 point deduction??

Any Ideas??

West Hams paarent company go bust and there are no point deductions etc (Tevez affair again??)

Any Ideas??

Friends in high places?

Tevez leaves United. Player doesn't want to stay at the club. Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City are clubs that are after him. If Man City do end up getting him, where would that leave a certain Mr.Bellamy?

Robinho

Tevez

Santa Cruz

Bellamy

I'd say that is City's attacking force in quality order. Bellamy is at the bottom and would be used as a substitue, would he be happy with that?

With reports linking City with Eto'o aswel, things can only get worse for the fiery Welshman.

Tevez leaves United. Player doesn't want to stay at the club. Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City are clubs that are after him. If Man City do end up getting him, where would that leave a certain Mr.Bellamy?

Robinho

Tevez

Santa Cruz

Bellamy

I'd say that is City's attacking force in quality order. Bellamy is at the bottom and would be used as a substitue, would he be happy with that?

With reports linking City with Eto'o aswel, things can only get worse for the fiery Welshman.

I agree, however can't see him leaving so early into his Citeh tenure. Wish he would though, but doubt he would come to us anyway! <_<

Any Ideas??

trevor_brooking_main.jpg

In the Southampton case I'm pretty sure they decided that the holding company and football club were one in all but name, and that there were no external factors that could have caused the holding company to go under.

West Ham is a fully operational, going concern that cannot be blamed for the financial difficulty the Icelandic group find themselves in. It is the other, big financial screw-ups totally seperate from the football club that have led to the trouble. Southampton's only income and therefore way out of the mess was/is via the football club and we all know that that meant they were buggered.

FWIW I accept we got caught out with the Tevez situation although the fact that Warnock recently got done for fielding an illegible player is beautifully ironic.

The ######.

Any Ideas??

One is a parent company with a football club as one of its assets, the other is a holding company that only exists to run the football club and was considered by the those that matter to be the football club.

if ashley young goes to Man U, I can see villa dropping off the radar - thats Laursen, Barry & Young out in one summer - ONeill will have his work cut out to replace them three................ maybe downing to villa?

Archived