BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was always going to happen. The window and the late lifting of the transfer ban has meant that they couldn't get a decent fee for players.

I will be very surprised if there will still be 20 clubs in the league at the end of February, this simply can't continue.

Also, as they have/appear to be about to fail to pay the staffs wages once again, could we see them being unable to shift anyone within the window so that the players can simply walk out of their contract at the beginning of next month when their notice has been worked?

I think if I worked for pompey, I'd be very worried about being paid this month. I don't know how much it would cost for the website but I don't think it will be anything like the players wages!

I would imagine most of Portsmouth's creditors will hold out until the window slams shut to see if a firesale will produce some bunce, and if it doesn't will be left with little option but to call the receivers in.

I thought that Young fella at Big Club promised £40m for this months window.....whats happened there?

Could they hit that figure with the signings of Babbel & Pavlechencko maybe? Now spurs have confirmed they have turned down a bid for him....

Who would want to go to Birmingham???

SSN Birmingham agree £4 million deal for Aruna Dindane

LOL, I thought they where after quality.

Oh and Bye Bye Robinho, thanks for making me waste my money going to watch you play!

So be happy and fortunate, that Rovers are run by people who know what they doing. JW and the Walker trustees, know whats best for the club, and know what our limitations are. I feel sorry for the Pompey fans, wish it Spurs instead.

So be happy and fortunate, that Rovers are run by people who know what they doing. JW and the Walker trustees, know whats best for the club, and know what our limitations are. I feel sorry for the Pompey fans, wish it Spurs instead.

It's shame it's Pompey. Be better if it was virtually ANY big club:

ManUre

Chelski

Liverpool

Spuds

Shitteh

LeArse

Newcastle (nearly!)

etc etc

I feel sorry for the Pompey fans

Not picking at you iccers, but this quote annoys me a bit.

Why should we feel sorry for the Pompey fans, or any fans in this circumstance? What about the fans of other clubs who have suffered at Pompey's expense whilst they were spending money they didn't have? I'm sure they were all quite happy whilst they were winning the FA Cup and getting into Europe.

It is the same as Man U fans, just 'realised' they're in debt. Didn't seem to bother so much when they were winning the treble did they?

I find it devilishly amusing that they couldn't even afford their own website!! :lol: Seriously, how could a club get themselves into that state? I can't believe Peter Storrie believes he's some sort of victim, when he allowed Redknapp to broker these extortionate contracts and also found the only two Arab billionaires without any money.

Not picking at you iccers, but this quote annoys me a bit.

Why should we feel sorry for the Pompey fans, or any fans in this circumstance? What about the fans of other clubs who have suffered at Pompey's expense whilst they were spending money they didn't have? I'm sure they were all quite happy whilst they were winning the FA Cup and getting into Europe.

It is the same as Man U fans, just 'realised' they're in debt. Didn't seem to bother so much when they were winning the treble did they?

The spending wasn't the Pompey fans was it? It was Redknapp. The fans are just fans like us (but softer due to southern roots).

How I feel too. At least the Pompey fans are decent. They were a good laugh on away day last time!

Not if you have to sit in their disabled area which is in front of their home fans

fans they're not.

Especially if you get your flag out to celebrate a goal from our team :D

Funnily enough, we have the same problem at Liverpool except don't usually have to get the Rovers flag out for some reason...

Belhadj straight red carded for a cynical haymaker in the ACN. Don't know if that means he can come home and get transferred now...

Even though Algeria are losing, he's have to have stayed for the 3rd place play-off without that red card. He looked pretty pleased with himself as he jauntily walked off.

RE: Wenger/Martin O'Neill - It's shocking that the 'long ball' tag is a slight all by itself. There is nothing inherently wrong about a direct gameplan, provided it works. It's had a lot of scrutiny for our play, but that's due to its ineffectiveness and one-dimensional routine.

Archived