BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100

Daily Mirror reporting that Grant and Storrie going to quit after 2 players sold to Spurs behind their backs. MELTDOWN at Pompey.

The spending wasn't the Pompey fans was it? It was Redknapp. The fans are just fans like us (but softer due to southern roots).

It'd be nice if you were right and Redknapp got a right kicking. But sadly I don't think he's that much to blame for the mess. He'll have gone to the money men (board?) with the target players then it's up to the money men to decide on whether they can afford the transfer fee, wages etc. OK, Arry and crew did the identfying but it was up to others to say 'all right then' to the ridiculous money.

Luckily (IMO) we've got Williams etc who will give Sam a slap and tell him to get real in those situations.

any truth in the rumour going around about an high ranking england international has an injunction out on the press at the moment?

"high ranking"-your manager couldn't say that!

Sounds to me that they need to go to administration before they go to liquidation.

First Palace, now Pompey.......a good week as far as i'm concerned.

United next ??? !!!

We'll lose 3 points! If you lost to them you're laughing!

It'd be nice if you were right and Redknapp got a right kicking. But sadly I don't think he's that much to blame for the mess. He'll have gone to the money men (board?) with the target players then it's up to the money men to decide on whether they can afford the transfer fee, wages etc. OK, Arry and crew did the identfying but it was up to others to say 'all right then' to the ridiculous money.

Luckily (IMO) we've got Williams etc who will give Sam a slap and tell him to get real in those situations.

Well yes, the board, clearly. But I was just making the point that fans aren't to blame. That is only when the fans force a manager out on his head for no reason (Newcastle and the like).

2 articles which show how crazy some clubs can be......1 a bargain, 1 with just 5 month on his contract - pathetic!

We really should look at Moses if that is the price!!

Middlesbrough have placed a £9m price tag on Adam Johnson with Manchester City closing in on the winger. The former England Under-21 star requested permission to speak to the Eastlands club earlier this week.

Full story: Daily Express

Newcastle have joined the list of clubs wanting to sign Crystal Palace forward Victor Moses by matching the £1.5m bid being offered by West Brom. Nottingham Forest are also interested in the highly rated striker.

Full story: The Times

I'm very suprised that no prem clubs have put a bid in for Moses yet. The administrators are supposed to be making a decision today so anyone interested will have to get a move on.

We really should be all over that deal at £1.5m sureley we could get an offer in and he's be likely to choose us over a Championship club.

Yeah apparently the Arabs are fed up with his unprofessional gaffs that he does in public....like the other week when p!ssed up in a bar in America or wherever it was!

We really should be all over that deal at £1.5m sureley we could get an offer in and he's be likely to choose us over a Championship club.

Thats what I was thinking....match the offer, maybe offer thenm £100k more to get an exclusive 'yes' and then show him the premier league and surely he would join us!?

I'm surprised the admins aren't demanding more for Moses. He's their biggest asset and could fetch quite a bit more than £1.5m.

? Does Modes own Moses? What other young English talent are they hiding away behind the servers?

Gary Cook to be fired?

"Cook has developed a reputation as one of the game's more derided figures"- lovely under-statement by the Guardian :lol:

He has to be the biggest knob jockey in the game. Amazed that he lasted this long.

Skybet is doing a transfer special. For those in the know with transfer activity this could be as easy as making money (Nicko):

Betting

Am I right in thinking that Beattie at 5/2 to be at Stoke at the end of the transfer window is good value? As in, it says that "loan deals do not count". So technically if he leaves Stoke on loan then you still win if you place your money?

If so I'll have some of that (can see him leaving on loan, but not for a fee).

Archived