BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly off on a tangent here but Pedro Mendes is in talks about switching from Rangers to Sporting Lisbon for a fee of £1m-£2m. I think he'd be a decent signing for us seeing as we're short of a bit of quality in our midfield.

Slightly off on a tangent here but Pedro Mendes is in talks about switching from Rangers to Sporting Lisbon for a fee of £1m-£2m. I think he'd be a decent signing for us seeing as we're short of a bit of quality in our midfield.

I doubt it when we have just took Basturk & Amine, making our midfield options, something like 12 players!

I doubt it when we have just took Basturk & Amine, making our midfield options, something like 12 players!

Yeah I know we'd never go in for him now that we've just sign Basturk and Linganzi. However I'd probably have forfeited Basturk for Mendes since at least Mendes we know is a proven PL player. Would've been Tugay-esque in my opinion.

Not Premier League...but Kenny Cooper (American striker) going to Plymouth is a bit of a coup for them, isn't it?

Surprised a few Premier League clubs weren't looking to get him on loan to boost numbers, especially teams like Portsmouth. Could even have done okay for us I reckon, he must be costing peanuts for Plymouth to be able to afford him.

Wow, £13m for Pavluchenko?

Also, does anybody have a link to Moses being sold at £1.5m? I know Palace are in administration, but they could easily get three times that amount! For £1.5m and with only Newcastle bidding thus far, we should definitely be in there. An interesting comparison to Moses is Adam Johnson, whom 'Boro are demanding £9m for.

NoTW will be running a story about EBJT this Sunday, he had a super injunction imposed to keep it quiet but it's been overturned. Rumour has it that he did a Flitcroft with a then team mates missus. England's captain lady and gents, huzzah

Businessman Tony Fernandes who was interested in taking over West Ham claims that has been approached by 7 clubs in regards to a possible takeover. Three of them are thought to be premier league clubs, Pompey being the obvious one. I wonder who the other two clubs are if its true that he has been approached?

Hammers bidder Tony Fernandes courted by seven clubs

Gary Cook to be fired?

"Cook has developed a reputation as one of the game's more derided figures"- lovely under-statement by the Guardian :lol:

Surprisingly I read a much more supportive article in the Independent this morning which suggested the owners were right behind him, that

they thought he had been set up in New York City and that they were going to help him avoid gaffes in the future.

Perhaps somebody could do the link?

I do not know who is better, as it is not my field of work or knowledge. But I ask, how long have Rovers been up for sale? How many other clubs have been sold during that time.

Of clubs comparable to us? Can't be many.

The likes of Man City and Villa are one thing. The likes of us are another. Pompey have been bought a few times but not by anyone we would want near our club.

Businessman Tony Fernandes who was interested in taking over West Ham claims that has been approached by 7 clubs in regards to a possible takeover. Three of them are thought to be premier league clubs, Pompey being the obvious one. I wonder who the other two clubs are if its true that he has been approached?

Hammers bidder Tony Fernandes courted by seven clubs

I wouldnt want someone like him to buy us anyway....why is he bigging himself up to the press? Sounds like another dodgy one to me!

Of clubs comparable to us? Can't be many.

The likes of Man City and Villa are one thing. The likes of us are another. Pompey have been bought a few times but not by anyone we would want near our club.

Seemingly another thing to be everlastingly grateful to Jack Walker and his advisors for are any canny stipulations of his will regarding the clubs future well being.

The FurCoatNoKnickers shambles at Pompey, LUFC, WHU, MU, Lpool, Citeh, Chelsea etc etc could endanger the very existence of every one of those historic clubs.

I wouldnt want someone like him to buy us anyway....why is he bigging himself up to the press? Sounds like another dodgy one to me!

East End and rich being synonymous with dodginess imo Hughesy.

Don't know if this has been posted earlier, but Coyle's brought Weiss and Wilshere on loan to Bolton... I have new found respect for him since he managed to pull that off. Although he hasn't bought them, those are 2 top quality youngsters who I'm sure any team would love to have. I honestly think that Bolton will stay up just on the basis of these two signings.

Don't know if this has been posted earlier, but Coyle's brought Weiss and Wilshere on loan to Bolton... I have new found respect for him since he managed to pull that off. Although he hasn't bought them, those are 2 top quality youngsters who I'm sure any team would love to have. I honestly think that Bolton will stay up just on the basis of these two signings.

I was hoping we'd take a look at Weiss, but alas.

• Backroom

Quite a long debate about us on football Saturday today. They've generally been very positive about us. Praising Kalinic especially. Thompson for once talking a lot of sense.

But they all predicted West Ham to beat us :P

Archived