BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair to Woy at least Fulham are decent to watch, I always enjoy their games. Dempsey missing is a huge loss for them

Nail on the head there. Hopefully Clint will be back in time for the World Cup, or we're screwed.

Even their 0-0 matches are entertaining lots of times.

Dont forget United wont make the top 4 according to Philip! :lol:

Arsenal out of the title race now

I'm not sure Hughesy, but I think philip did say that if certain things happened - such as being forced to sell players - and not replacing them, to pay off the debt - that then Utd would not make the top 4. Which would be the case.

Anyway even though utd won today, I don't think arsenal turned up. To me they looked flat and knackered. Utd won against an arsenal that had a bad day at the office imo. Not seen them play so bad for awhile, which made utd look extra good.

• Backroom

Thats not unfair thats just football.

If they're the type to play bad cause they are down about the last result then they don't have the right mentality to win the league

Unfair on Arsenal, they have been pretty spectacular this season. I imagine they were demoralised following the 0-0 at Villa where they had a plethora of chances, but 0 goals to show for it.

I am on about the game today - Arsenal imo did not turn up today. Yes they have played some excellent stuff this season, but not today.

Spud mate tells me lots of outs and some ins tomorrow for them, normal last day Del Boy stuff from Harry I guess

Outs

Hutton to Sunderland - Perm move

Pavlyuchenko to Birmingham - Perm move

Rose to Birmingham - Loan

Naughton out on Loan, maybe Boro

Keane may go if another strike signs, Villa most likely but don't be shocker if West Ham come in as well

Ins

Kaboul to complete move from Pompey

Pletikosa (keeper) from S Moscow

Striker if Keane goes, no names in frame so may not happen

Personally can't see them all happening but guess last day madness will happen!

I said it at the beginning of the season and il say it again. Arsenal need a top striker.

Chelsea & United have one but Arsenal dont.

Arsenal now 4 points behind Chelsea with a game more played.....now unless they turn over Chelsea next week then I think they are out.

I said it at the beginning of the season and il say it again. Arsenal need a top striker.

Arsenal now 4 points behind Chelsea with a game more played.....now unless they turn over Chelsea next week then I think they are out.

Arsenal should go out and spend 30m on Villa. A huge investment but worth it in the long run.

That said, you could say that Man Utd didn't really play with a 'proper' striker today either. Rooney plays all over the place, and drops deep all the time. Although he is a physically strong guy he is more similar to Arshavin than he is to Drogba or Torres.

It is really interesting to see how unlike a British team Utd look now. Very european style of football, small quick forwards, focus on short passing. More Barcelona than the Busby Babes. Testement to Alex Ferguson moving with the times.

Arsenal need a midfield enforcer, they are small and soft.

I would love to see ol saggy chops manage a club without moeny, I get sick of seeing transfer deadline day revolve around him like he is a master of free dealings or something.

And WTF is the deal with him and pompey? Is he still the manager of both clubs on the sly? stop the trnasfer dealings betwen the two clubs and you probably cut his transfer dealings in half.

Shame Bentley is going to remain there though for the rest of the summer :( 6 month loan back to Rovers could well have seen his world cup chances bloom, now he probably has no chance of ever seeing a world cup, for a footballer thats got to be the most gutting thing that they will ever know in there short career.

Maybe the guy had no heart at all, maybe he is just another mercenary, such a shame.

Shame Bentley is going to remain there though for the rest of the summer :( 6 month loan back to Rovers could well have seen his world cup chances bloom, now he probably has no chance of ever seeing a world cup, for a footballer thats got to be the most gutting thing that they will ever know in there short career.

Maybe the guy had no heart at all, maybe he is just another mercenary, such a shame.

Maybe it's just the fact that Arry needs him, Lennon has been out for over a month and is not expected back for another three weeks at least. Not to mention the starring role he has played in the last two games.

Archived