BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

What on earth was Fabregas thinking? Is he too much of a wuss to just jump and head the ball? The most stone wall penalty you'll ever see and with the ref standing just a few yards away. Arsenal should count themselves extremely lucky.

Anyone got a link for Nani's foul?

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one in thinking that Boateng deserved his red? The reason being (having seen it again as well as live, so to speak) he led with his arm/elbow and was late. Pedersen had long headed the ball before Boateng made contact with him. The intent was there and I think the ref knew it. It was the only reason Boateng stayed down so long. Pedersen, to give him credit, got straight up. Boateng's head didn't look like it had touched Pedersens at all. That entire time he was on the floor was utter play acting.

No you're not the only one. If he'd gone in that late with the ball at Pedersen's feet and tackled him it would have been a clear red. It should be no different when the ball was in the air. The ball was clearly headed by pedersen before he was taken out. The ref saw it and made his mind up straight away.

On another topic were we the only ones who didn't jump up to celebrate the goal because from our seats in the Blackburn end we didn't even realise it had gone in and thought at first that the ref had given a pen and that's why the crowd were cheering?

His foot was on the eighteen yard line, thus making it inside the box and a penatly.

What about his hand? Surely it is where his hand is that counts as that is what the foul is being given, or not given, for.

I didn't pay to much attention to the handball as I was to busy with our game. Anybody got a decent picture of it?

What on earth was Fabregas thinking? Is he too much of a wuss to just jump and head the ball? The most stone wall penalty you'll ever see and with the ref standing just a few yards away. Arsenal should count themselves extremely lucky.

Anyone got a link for Nani's foul?

And Febregas had already been booked! Wasn't a pen though.

His foot was on the eighteen yard line, thus making it inside the box and a penatly.

Doesn't matter where his foot was, it matters where his hand was - no penalty.

United and Chelsea should be unhappy, though, as he should be sitting a game for a second yellow card.

1-1 and Cardiff giving it a right go against a depleted Chelsea side which doesn't even have star names sitting on the bench.

Just watched Football Focus analyse the Championship race and of course all the top 3 have to come to Ewood.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if we gave them all a huge fright at Ewood and actually bothered to compete?

1-1 and Cardiff giving it a right go against a depleted Chelsea side which doesn't even have star names sitting on the bench.

Just watched Football Focus analyse the Championship race and of course all the top 3 have to come to Ewood.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if we gave them all a huge fright at Ewood and actually bothered to compete?

I was about to write something along these lines yesterday. Actually we can have a big impact in the title race this year.

2-1 to chelsea now

On another topic were we the only ones who didn't jump up to celebrate the goal because from our seats in the Blackburn end we didn't even realise it had gone in and thought at first that the ref had given a pen and that's why the crowd were cheering?

if ollsen had gone down 1 second before he took his shot it would of been a pen because of a 2 handed push in his back

Portsmouth v Birmingham

Reading/West Brom v Crystal Palace/Aston Villa

Fulham v Bolton/Spurs

Chelsea v Man City/Stoke

Tasty

Yet again we're left to rue what might have been had we put a full strength side out at Villa in the FA Cup as the winners of that tie have had a very presentable route to the semis.

Crystal Palace unlucky to draw with Villa, after a spirited display. Thought Ambrose and our ex-lad Neil Danns looked sharp.

Was watching a Championship highlights show the other week and someone scored a couple of truly exceptional goals for Palace.

I thought "Wonder if that lad's available with them being skint?" (I presumed it was Moses before he left.)

Turns out it was Danns. :blink:

There was a Leicester fan on 606 earlier praising Paul Gallagher to the heavens as well.

Yet again we're left to rue what might have been had we put a full strength side out at Villa in the FA Cup as the winners of that tie have had a very presentable route to the semis.

You make it sound like winning would have been a formality had we put out a full strength team.

We probably would have lost whatever team we put out, Villa are an excellent team and we're turd away from home.

Archived