BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

You make it sound like winning would have been a formality had we put out a full strength team.

We probably would have lost whatever team we put out, Villa are an excellent team and we're turd away from home.

I know - Rev, you are making out that our first eleven are the invincibles!

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to consider this as a winnable FA Cup season unlike most in the recent past.

Anyway, not Premier League but Rovers can kick sand in Celtic's eyes big time. Their turnover dropped to £36m last season, our's dropped to £50m finishing 15th!

Think the Celtic turnover figure you quote is for 6 months. Is the Rovers figure for 12 months?

Still surprising figures though.

You have to consider this as a winnable FA Cup season unlike most in the recent past.

Anyway, not Premier League but Rovers can kick sand in Celtic's eyes big time. Their turnover dropped to £36m last season, our's dropped to £50m finishing 15th!

Yes but Celtic have very little debt and their wage/ turnover % will be much better surely!?

You reckon we could have gone on to win the whole damn thing Rev?

No reason why not. We've gone reasonably close in previous seasons but always floundered against top 4 opposition.

Obviously we weren't guaranteed to beat Villa with a full strength side but who knows what might have happened.

This season as things stand it may well be Chelsea/Citeh against a less fashionable side (could have been us)in the Final.

Is Murray holdings not in bigger trouble, think with Celtic and Rangers being financially diluted its got to be a good thing for the competitiveness of the SPL as a whole.

Now the gap in the SPL looks to be closing with the smaller scottish sides beginning to get results againt Glasgows big two.

No reason why not. We've gone reasonably close in previous seasons but always floundered against top 4 opposition.

Obviously we weren't guaranteed to beat Villa with a full strength side but who knows what might have happened.

This season as things stand it may well be Chelsea/Citeh against a less fashionable side (could have been us)in the Final.

If we had fielded that side without the semi-final happening in a few days time I would have been furious but I can see why Sam did it. Besides...we do have more chance of winning the League Cup than the FA Cup. Our priorities should be Prem then League Cup and, last, the FA Cup. Only once in the last 15 years has a non-Big 4 side won it. The League Cup however has had plenty of different winners.

That said...it didn't pay off. The most likely scenario is that we would have lost at Villa Park whatever side we put out.

If we had fielded that side without the semi-final happening in a few days time I would have been furious but I can see why Sam did it. Besides...we do have more chance of winning the League Cup than the FA Cup. Our priorities should be Prem SURVIVAL then League Cup and, last, the FA Cup. Only once in the last 15 years has a non-Big 4 side won it. The League Cup however has had plenty of different winners.

That said...it didn't pay off. The most likely scenario is that we would have lost at Villa Park whatever side we put out.

Corrected it for you FLB.

Wigan want to give Koumas out on loan, many people on here wanted him at Rovers before he signed for Wigan. Would you still take him?

He could have been a cracking player if he'd gone to the right club earlier in his career. It's too late for him now though, he's got too many bad habits that he won't lose at 30.

We couldn't sign him on loan anyway.

I'd like a Bolton win tonight, just because I want them to stay up. At least we'd a sort of derby then, it would also ###### off many a dingle.

No a draw is best - keep that gap between that group of teams Wigan are part of, and also keep the likes of Bolton way off us!

If its a draw tonight & we win at weekend then it could be a very good weekend.

2 matches involve struggling teams:

West Ham V Hull

Pompey v Stoke.

Several midtable - relegation place teams have very hard games.....

Sunderland away to Arsenal

Burnley Away to Villa

Wolves Home to Chelsea

Everton Home to United

Wigan Home to Spurs

with 2 of our rivals for higher placings (Brum & Fulham) facing each other

Archived