BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good day so far results wise....just a shame Stoke have scored and are nowing possibly taking something.

Wolves lost, Hull lost, Sunderland lost....just a shame West Ham won.

Win tomorrow takes us at least 15 clear of pompey, 11 clear of bolton & burnley (villa permitting) and 10 clear of Wolves & Hull

Only just cos Everton are 8th. What's your point miker?

Clearly it's not just a few teams stronger and with more resources than us this season, nor is it less than the last few seasons. I won't get dragged into this again though, I have no point, I'm just the crazy guy on the messageboard making no sense.

• Backroom

You said it Miker ;)

One difference is Everton beleive they can take on these teams and take the game to them whereas we seem to have no belief we can match the big boys these days.

As I said though in another thread I think a win tomorrow should see some confidence return and we will beat one of the big teams this season.

Everton have been the fifth best team in the country over the last few seasons, they were challenging the top four whilst Villa, Spurs and City were all mid-table nobodies.

They had a really slow start this year but they're making up the ground now. They're several levels above us and everyone else in the league who currently sits below them.

Do we really mind the Dingles beating the scum that is Villa? They wont stay up anyway. Might as well spice up the league...

Looking at the dingles' run in, they have some very winnable home games coming up which if they hang on for this win at Villa, who are an awful run themselves apart from that treble over us in the Cups, will see them survive.

Teehee- worked again, Villa equalise. :rover:

Villa play long ball, counter-attacking football. They only get saved cause the media loves them and their badger of a manager.

On a side-note, reports are saying Mancini has lost the dressing room? Could it be true or an exaggeration?

As much as I don't like these hoofball comments people make about us (especially our own fans), there is a difference between their long balls and ours and Stoke's. They do mix it up more with short passing and they have players with pace, meaning that when they play their long ball game it goes rapidly from opposition box up to goal which in itself can make for some very exciting moves.

Still like with anything, if theyre not getting the results it's all irrelevant.

Archived