BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Also how does a 0-0 warrant an earlier start than a 3-0 (I know it bases on fan size but please...) BBC really sucks ass.

They keep moaning about how bad a game this was. So if it was that bad why put it on 2nd match? Stupid!

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I'm astounded at the condition of the DW pitch. I play on better surfaces than that on a Sunday morning! Also, I've always found myself to tire slighty more on a quagy pitch, though I'm not a professional!

I once played on a pitch and after a sliding tackle I found chickens foot stuck to my sock :blink: At least memorial has been improved slightly :rolleyes:

Wow, I'm astounded at the condition of the DW pitch. I play on better surfaces than that on a Sunday morning! Also, I've always found myself to tire slighty more on a quagy pitch, though I'm not a professional!

I'm amazed they've let it get like that after appointing Martinez. What's the point in getting a manager like him, letting him build a squad to build a passing game, then giving them a pitch like that to play on?

They'll probably be okay because Pompey/Hull/Bolton/Dingles are worse...but still, it's very strange.

Since yesterday I had been intended to come on here and make a post along the lines of, thanks to our excellent home form, how much higher in the league we would be if we had just won 3 more away games. Having looked at the league table this morning though, I've noticed just how poor away form has been generally in the Premier League this season.

If we had 4 away wins (out of 13, you would have thought that was realistic), we would be 8th in the league, 3 points behind Villa. We would also be one of only 8 teams with that many away wins (the other 7 being Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Villa and Birmingham). There are also 7 other teams with equal or less away wins than us. The most away games anyone has won is 7 (Chelsea and United) and they've lost 4 and 5 respectively.

Has away form in the Premier League ever been this bad across the board before? Or more to the point, has home form ever been so important? There's 2 sides unbeaten at home, 1 that has only lost once, and another 8 with only 2 home defeats. Thats more than half the league with home records, in terms of defeats, as good as ours if not better.

Thankfully we've made Ewood a fortress again this season, and have managed to convert draws in to wins. If we hadn't we'd be in one hell of a state right now.

Will try...glad West Ham have to face the top 3 away in the next 4 games...they were beginning to pick some momentum up.

Crucial time for Bolton too...next 4 games against bottom teams

Also looking at Everton they have a decent run so they should pretty much secure 8th.

I'm amazed they've let it get like that after appointing Martinez. What's the point in getting a manager like him, letting him build a squad to build a passing game, then giving them a pitch like that to play on?

They'll probably be okay because Pompey/Hull/Bolton/Dingles are worse...but still, it's very strange.

Likewise, LeChuck. If I were Martinez, I wouldn't stand for it.

Saying that, Spurs also play a good expansive, passing game and they ran out convincing winners. I just don't think that Wigan are anything more than a relegation fodder side and trying to play passing football is going to get them relegated, as much as I like Martinez's footballing philosophy.

• Backroom

Has away form in the Premier League ever been this bad across the board before? Or more to the point, has home form ever been so important? There's 2 sides unbeaten at home, 1 that has only lost once, and another 8 with only 2 home defeats. Thats more than half the league with home records, in terms of defeats, as good as ours if not better.

Thankfully we've made Ewood a fortress again this season, and have managed to convert draws in to wins. If we hadn't we'd be in one hell of a state right now.

I had a look at away form for the last premiership season before this one started and noticed away form was significantly worse for almost all clubs. It was quite rare to see an away win. I never thought home advantage was as important as people make out, but clearly it is.

Surely 5*800K = 4 Million not 3.8 ??

Doh - Typed it too quick, Thanks! So the difference is £800k > £4m over budget aslong as we stay 12th or higher.

Add to that at least £1m extra in TV money for United & Chelsea

And the money in the bank for Benni's transfer.

Archived