BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

no, they were poor and offered nothing going forward after the first 25 minutes. quite a few players looked uninterested at times and the tracking back was poor. a lot of feeling sorry for themselves. weird how they started really running around once stoppage time arrived. one player was so eager to take a quick corner he fell over the flag :rolleyes:

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting article in the Guardian on a UEFA report that 56% of all European football club debt is in the Prem this year. They so gle out Man U and Liverpool as particularly bad examples who between them by my guestimate account for 20% of all the football debt in Europe.

I don't know whether the report was written before or after Chelsea and Citeh capitalized their debt- I suspect before as they say the PL total is €4bn which wil now be €1bn less. Platini is he'll bent on stopping new capital injections as well as tackling debt so it serves his purpose to ignore those debt conversions.

One fact emerges which I did not know. Uefa only looked at the debts of 18 PL clubs. Neither West Ham nor Pompey hold a Uefa licence so their debts are not included in the PL total.

Well if they won 3-0 and their opponents were 'taken apart', the first two goals being 'wonderful' and the third 'quality as well', then I'm guessing they were pretty good.

They were good but West Ham also looked very poor in defence. Some of it because of tghe speed of passing as has already been mentioned but some because they let players run off them far too often and then when they did have the ball they were as ponderous going forward as we are at our worst and didn't have the long ball that we play.

So were Utd ace, or Wet Spam poor? Or both?

United were extremely pedestrian in the first half, to the point where they looked totally ordinary. West Ham had a lot of possession in midfield and it caused the crowd to be agitated. The first goal really changed things as it came after a bit of West Ham pressure. The second half was mostly United with west Ham becoming stretched.

Berbatov was good (instrumental in the first two goals) but United really did rely on Rooney for the spark. You've got to imagine if he picks up an injury they will seriously struggle to keep up with Chelsea.

Cechs injury makes the run-in a bit more interesting now. I still have my fingers crossed the Gunners can come from behind.

Why do you want those nancy boys to win it?

Id prefer it to be United to be honest.....because I dont like Wenger and I also dont like several Chelsea players such as Terry, Ballack & Ashley Cole.

Id prefer it to be United to be honest.....because I dont like Wenger and I also dont like several Chelsea players such as Terry, Ballack & Ashley Cole.

Go wash your mouth out with soap!

Whats negative about saying he thinks we could survive on 36-38 points. He's not said thats what he wants us to get or thats what he thinks we will get.

yep, that is correct. I didnt say we will only get 2 points from our remaining 11 games. I was mainly pointing out, that with the fixtures coming up for teams below us, 36 to 38 points might be all thats needed.

I always hope for the Sky 4 to get knocked out as soon as possible each year. Why would I would want them to maximise their Champions League earnings? Earnings that take them further and further away from the rest of football?

And before people come up with the 'it's patriotic to support the English side' line, I'll save that for the World Cup.

If he's like me he loves watching their style of football, I rate them top class and quite a young team too!!

• Backroom

Everton out of the UEFA cup, Fernandes wrapped it up 3-0 in the last minute and set it up with a trick that I've only ever seen done on FIFA

Oh and for me I'd rather Arsenal win the league followed by Chelsea but I imagine it will be United again

I just prefer northern teams to Southerners! ha ha - except for Liverpool that is!

Meanwhile.....

Roberto Mancini's tenure at Manchester City is coming under intense boardroom scrutiny for the first time after a run of two wins in eight matches. The Italian was only appointed to the City job in December last year.

Full story: Daily Mail

Everton out of the UEFA cup, Fernandes wrapped it up 3-0 in the last minute and set it up with a trick that I've only ever seen done on FIFA

Oh and for me I'd rather Arsenal win the league followed by Chelsea but I imagine it will be United again

I prefer Arsenal too. Wenger is being imaginative and ambitious with his team which is in contrast to Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City and, to a lesser extent, Man Utd who try to buy their way to the title.

I respect Wenger for not taking the easy route, despite being an arrogant whinger. If he was more humble I think Arsenal would be most people's preferred champions.

Also the way the accounts are shaping up, the Gunners are going to be minted in about four years time. Whoever takes over from Wenger is going to have a flabbergasting amount of money to spend. The funds they will generate is quite scary, and something for even the Man Utds and Liverpools of this world to be worried about.

I really don't want Arsenal to win it. I hate that one eyed, whinging French c__t who always paints us as some sort of paramilitary death squad before every game. I don't like bad losers, and Arsene W___er is up there with Ferguson.

Would you hate him so much if we beat them everytime? Rather than get spanked 4 times out of 5?

Yes. He has absolutely no grace at all. I don't deny their football can be spectacular at times, but what have the cry babies won recently? Nowt. Bergkamp got away with assaulting Nissa Johansson twice, and Van Piersie has the odd knee high lunge at our players, but Arsenal are never ever dirty at all. It is always everyone else's fault. I hate Wenger and think he is as bad if not worse than Fer4guson. At least the latter has two European Cups to his name and can justify the arrogance. Isn't this the 6th consecutive season Arsenal are supposed to mature into the all conquering team that will show the universe how to play the game?

• Backroom

I agree Wenger is a bit of a whinging pratt at times. His lack of humility has certainly made Arsenal less of a neutral favourite recently.

Personally, I don't give a toss who wins the premiership anymore. All I really care about is Rovers surviving another season. Great times to be a football fan!

I really don't want Arsenal to win it. I hate that one eyed, whinging French c__t who always paints us as some sort of paramilitary death squad before every game. I don't like bad losers, and Arsene W___er is up there with Ferguson.

Best manager in the Prem. His methods are a model for all to admire.

His methods are a model for all to admire.

Not including of course refusing to shake hands with the opposition manager after a match, somehow failing to "see" controversial incidents that go in Arsenal's favour but always seeing incidents that go against Arsenal, rarely having a good word to say about opposing teams or their managers, and in Rovers' case, blatantly smearing the club's reputation with lies and innuendo, and generally giving the impression of being a bad sport and all-round s*it.

£50.00 @ 10-1, is one of the reasons.

If he's like me he loves watching their style of football, I rate them top class and quite a young team too!!

I do love the way they play, fluid pacey and precise its a model of how the game can and should be played. Also he's spent something like £50million in the last few seasons, when compared to the rest it really shows what can be done with little investment. But he's all about believing in his players and bringing through kids.

Having had the privilege of watching the training and being an applied sports scientist, it fantastic to see that we are embraced fully at some clubs, because its still a struggle at time in our country.

United yes are a great team and I'd take them over Chelsea, but £550 would be real handy.

Best manager in the Prem. His methods are a model for all to admire.

Wenger of Fergie? For me its Fergie and I really hope to get the chance to watch him coach before he retires.

Archived